Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone help me find more music by these guys: http://www.myspace.com/hellosailors

Even an official website or anything would be absolutely awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm looking for some good flamenco, solo guitar or something similar to Calexico.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This isn't exactly a recommendation request, but I figure this might be the place to ask this. Can anyone find me more of this: (http://www.myspace.com/hellosailors or (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0mR9W2cSNE)) I have searched the internets far and wide for a CD or a main website for the band, anything and have come up empty. If you find something I will be like holy poo poo.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 19, 2011

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone recommend some folksy sounding stuff where people just flip the gently caress out on instruments other than guitar. I want some face melting accordion, and banjo and cello all at once. I'm thinking like O'Death the cd Broken Hymns or Gogol Bordello.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Besides my last recommendation can anyone recommend Rap/Hip Hop similar to Bike for Three!?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm trying to find rap where the artist specifically sings about government/social stuff. I guess like "Punk Rap" but I don't mean in a punk music sort of way.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dan Hollis posted:

Dead Prez speaks on a lot of social issues, but from a more militant perspective.

Here's their take on Orwell's "Animal Farm":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMgMp5pKJ6Q

This is pretty much exactly the type of music that I'm looking for. Any more?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lincolnstein posted:

I've been listening to a random assortment of music lately and can't get out of listening to just a few bands because I'm bad at finding new bands. I've been listening to Murder By Death, Dreamened, The Marshmallow Ghosts, Hospital Ships, Tobacco and Dangers. Anything that sounds or doesn't sound like any of these bands would be great.

After I listened to Murder By Death, I found The Builders and the Butchers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkAHfjsqdFI

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Lookin' for more recommendations today. I'm looking for punk music that is similar to Dead Kennedy's or Bad Religion, in the sense that the vocals are easy to understand(not screamed or growled) and also they sing almost entirely about social or political issues.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ras Het posted:

NoMeansNo, Propagandhi, The Ex (their early stuff is very much political, but only the later stuff has easy to understand vocals (if you can take it easy on that front, then obviously all the anarcho stuff, Crass, Conflict, Chumbawamba et al ad infinitum)), Refused (they loving suck but you'll probably like them), Regan Youth (I think...), umm, Bikini Kill?

Thanks I really like Propagandhi.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Need more like the Dead Prez cd Let's Get Free. Rap that has a very protesty feel.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Today I'm looking for modern, solo cello and piano artists. The more somber the better.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm looking for more hip hop. Prefer stuff like, Immortal Technique, Dead Prez, Blue Scholars. Stuff that is socially subversive I guess.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in the mood for acoustic guitar/banjo like Tallest Man on Earth, specifically similar to Where do my Bluebird Fly?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If I like Tallest Man on Earth I would also like ______.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

midnightclimax posted:

Is there someone currently out there who does "thinking man's" hip hop? I know that sounds poo poo, I'm just looking for stuff that's neither bling, gangsta, or cute. Rap about Syria and reference literature. eg

I know this is from last page, but I didn't see any of these guys suggested and had to toss them out there. You might give Blue Scholars and Pataphysics a try. You can also try Sherman Austin for something that sounds closer to Immortal Technique(more 'hardcore') with a quite bit less cheese if thats what you are really looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Luigi Thirty posted:

I am not a metal expert. If I like things slower and bluesy like Black Sabbath's first couple albums, recommend me other things that are slow and bluesy.

You can try "The Sword" they really sound like sabbath to me.

Another metal question, can anyone recommend some fun, like viking/fantasy metal? Without growling/screaming preferred.