Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«750 »
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get running
Start pumping your bunions, I'm coming
I'm the dumbest, who flamethrow your function to Funyons
Flame your crew quicker than Trump fucks his youngest
Now face the flame fuckers your fame and fate's done with

I'm 99% sure it was intended to be white/silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Endless Mike posted:

I'm 99% sure it was intended to be white/silver.

This was also my understanding/interpretation.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'd go with silver, it's drawn like it's supposed to be full-on chrome, you see similar shading on like Colossus and guys like that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL BRENDAN FRASER FAN CLUB

Looks to be intended as silver/white as said.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

Down the Rabbit Hole.

gregday posted:

Well it took longer than I had planned, but last week after 18 months, I finally installed the last component to my PASIV device from Inception.

It took a lot of CNC machining, 3D printing, and a ton of research and investigating the origins of several obscure parts. In all, 359 components and weighing almost 30 lbs.

This is loving incredible, have you made any other props?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?

Grimey Drawer

I always assumed it was a very shiny reflective white color. Made the shadows make sense, at least.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
keeping austin weird

Nap Ghost

Cool, thanks everyone for the clarification re Storm; guess I'm the only weirdo whose brain somehow saw it as something other than a silvery-white.

sigher posted:

This is loving incredible, have you made any other props?

Oh boy, you're in for a treat when you see the other hero prop-quality stuff he's done.

**Hans Zimmer score begins to play in the background**

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.

Nap Ghost

Daaaaaaang.

That's loving awesome.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

You might say it's a dream come true.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed posted:

Oh hell yeah

I'm hooting and hollering

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

https://twitter.com/goodsmile_us/st...117974425370624

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

drat that's pretty awesome but 65-75 bucks for it is kinda expensive. Think when the Thinker came out it was like 40.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat that's pretty awesome but 65-75 bucks for it is kinda expensive. Think when the Thinker came out it was like 40.

It seems to come with a lot of parts. There’s 3 different heads right there in that post.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Clever Betty

https://twitter.com/FranJoestar/sta...119926756560904

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom...8056035329?s=20

«750 »