Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

CaladSigilon posted:

Bump for a bunch of jobs in Westborough, MA (45min outside Boston).

I really need a jr. sysadmin. :(

Got a listing for the junior position? What kind of requirements are you guys looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

lampey posted:

Who are we?
Xantrion

Where are we?
Oakland, CA
What are we looking for?

Help Desk

How do I apply?
Upload a resume on the xantrion.com website.
Anything else?
It is really a great place to work. The company was founded by engineers, and that mindset applies to many things. We have a lot of great clients and the best tools to take care of them. Everyone has a lot of autonomy, and there is always someone to bounce an idea off when you get stuck.

Any idea on salary range? Does the 17 day PTO include holidays?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Is entry level Linux admin a thing? I've worked help desk and I've got home lab experience and my RHCSA, but every job wants 5+ years of enterprise support. Is there such a thing where I can shadow a senior admin and learn how to do all of this in a more professional setting? I'm not totally useless, I swear!

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

FileNotFound posted:

Job Posting

~40minutes from Philadelphia during rush hour traffic.

Who We Are:
Monstrously large and growing asset management company that thinks it's a software company as much of what we provide is essentially SaaS.

What We Need:
Two open slots:

An entry level Linux Sysadmin.
o A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Solid understanding of Linux fundamentals.
o Programming experience in at least one of the following: Java, Python or Perl or shell scripting experience.
o Basic understanding of SQL

A mid-level Linux Sysadmin.
o A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in creating technical documentation.
o Solid understanding of RHEL
o Experience in programming configuration management and automation.
o Experience with messaging technologies such as WebSphere MQ, SWIFT or FIX is desirable.
o Familiarity with planning and executing DRs, migrations etc
o Strong leadership and troubleshooting skills - you must be able to take charge and lead during an outage.

Why Work Here?
+Decent salary, bonuses, employee stock purchase program.
+Stable and growing company.
+Small friendly US team. The entire group is ~80 but you will be part of the Delaware team which is ~10 people.
+Good growth potential. You will interact with pretty much every single other IT group in the firm and have an understanding of their work; we are big on internal mobility.
+Follow the sun on-call schedule - we won't wake you up at 3am.
+You will get to work on a wide variety of technologies.
+You can have decent work/life balance if you just focus on the operational aspect of what we do.

Why NOT Work Here?
-On-Call Schedule yes it follows the sun, but if you're on call you absolutely have to be in the office 10am – 6pm during winter DST and 11am-7pm during the summer. Somebody does have to work holidays and weekends.
-This is an operations job supporting an overwhelmingly critical environment - doing 500 things right is overshadowed by a single mistake that causes an outage. Care and attention to detail is paramount - everyone makes mistakes but good luck explaining why you rm'd the wrong directory.
-This is mostly a support position; engineering projects come and go and won't fall into your lap on their own - but the bread and butter is tickets, phone calls and outage troubleshooting and other generally mundane sysadmin tasks.
-Much of what we support is in-house software, if you're just looking to build your resume, you won't score all that many keywords here.
-Work can totally take over your life if you get heavily into engineering or onboarding projects - and you'll need to if you want to move up.

Interested?
PM me or email agloukhoff@gmail.com and I will have HR reach out to you officially or provide even more detail.

This is a long shot, but would you be willing to entertain relocation from the West Coast?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Wicaeed posted:

Anyone in the Belfast area or the Bay Area looking for an opportunity? Our company, WhiteHat Security, is looking to fill roles for Jr/Sr Systems Engineers with an AWS/VMware/Ansible/Puppet focus, to DevOps engineers with the same focus + docker

https://www.whitehatsec.com/company/careers/

If you see something you like, PM me and I get your resume into the hands of an HR person!

Any idea what kind of experience the company is looking for for the Junior positions in Santa Clara? I'm definately on the junior side of things. I've got an RHCSA and I've stood up basic AWS infrastructure, but never in a real production environment. I've got solid fundamentals, but I'd love to work somewhere I can learn and really grow into these skills. Think I'd get a look?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

kensei posted:

Hey, we're hiring in the lovely Portland, Oregon area! We are currently seeking:

DevOps Automation Engineer
Azure / Cloud OS Solutions Architect
TACC Technician
Technical Services Manager
Sales Architect

This is a fun place with at least 4 goons currently working here now, PM me for links/questions/details!

No PMs, can I email?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Hammers posted:

Job Seeker

My Experience:
Two years of data center tech experience (rack and stack, inventory management, troubleshooting, and the like) as well as a year in the Google NOC (contractor) troubleshooting peering and network issues. Have taken CCNA courses but never took the test. I use Goobuntu and OSX every day at work and hope to earn my LPIC-1 certification this year.

What I'm looking for:
Jr Sys Admin or Data Center Tech 2

What I'm NOT looking for:
Entry-level data center position where i'd just be running cables and racking poo poo all day.

Where I live:
San Jose, CA

Where I'm looking:
PNW (Portland, Seattle, etc)

When I can start:
Need 1 month to leave my current job and find housing

Requirements:
Full benefits and 401k, tuition reimbursement is a plus

Can be reached via:
PM me here or rsldvr at gmail

If you want to stick around San Jose, I can probably put your name in at my company for tier 1 tech support for a major networking appliance manufacturer. You wouldn't touch cables or racks, but you'd be knee deep in network troubleshooting and Linux command lines.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

cultureulterior posted:

JOB POSTING

Genius Sports is hiring DevOps and WinOps engineers in Los Angeles, Vilnius and London,
Also talk to me if you're interested in a similar position in Sofia or Medellin

We are also looking for an Information Security Engineer anywhere in Europe- this can be a remote role.

Sent you a PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

KillHour posted:

At most larger companies, enterprise architects translate business requirements into technical designs (which sounds like what is happening) but then aren't the ones actually doing the implementation. And then they get bored because they never get to touch stuff and they insist on touching my stuff and gently caress it all up.

#notbitter

They also have to go to a lot of meetings, and actually participate in them. If you don't want meetings, stay a lower level engineer. But the higher up you go on the career ladder, the more your problems are people problems and less computer problems. And those mostly get solved in meetings.