Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely
I'm glad she's got some kind of support network.

I'm just sad that it appears to made up of people who are convinced that her tragedy is part of some epic struggle between a god whose definition of 'miracle' apparently doesn't include letting the baby be born with an intact brain in the first place, and a devil who uses dumbass internet trolls as instruments of his evil.

And in a few weeks, when it's all over, most of them will wander off to find some other way to validate their religious beliefs, and she'll be back where she started.

People suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Percent More
May 16, 2007

Offering more since 1989

Degenerate Star posted:

I'm just sad that it appears to made up of people who are convinced that her tragedy is part of some epic struggle between a god whose definition of 'miracle' apparently doesn't include letting the baby be born with an intact brain in the first place, and a devil who uses dumbass internet trolls as instruments of his evil.

And in a few weeks, when it's all over, most of them will wander off to find some other way to validate their religious beliefs, and she'll be back where she started.

If the baby dies, does that mean she lost the struggle? Satan would win, I imagine, unless the fundies throw some spin on it to make it sound like it was all part of god's plan and it was really the second coming of Jesus or something and it had to die. I'm not sure how they'd do it, but I know they would never admit some sort of 'defeat' to nature/satan/the guy slamming it against a wall.

Assuming those people will abandon her after the miracle aspect that they crave is gone, shame on them for starting it and shame on them for not supporting her afterward. I doubt all of them will just disappear into thin air, but there'll probably be one last "please pray for Myah's sake" and then poof. The "internet trolls" might be decent support at that point if they're willing to give her some sort of consolation in the wake of its death.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
This woman gave birth to a daughter with no brain. I doubt most anyone here could ever imagine the sort of pain that would cause. As for as I'm concerned, she has a right to be crazy.

I have a hard time believing in Hell or any other kind of invisible secret place that our magical souls float away to after we die, but for those of you who think it's funny to harass this lady and attack her for not giving her child up for its organs, I hope there is such a place.

It's one thing to discuss the ethical responsibility she has for harvesting the organs, or the question of whether or not the thing is even alive (amongst ourselves)...but what could compel someone to try and make this woman's life worse right now? That poo poo makes you a much worse excuse for a human than any religious fanatic holding onto false hope during a traumatic circumstance could be.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Someone said this baby looks right out of Silent Hill. I'm inclined to agree.

Morbid curiosity, but if she had gone for vaginal delivery, would organ donation, anything from the neck up at least, still be a viable option? Do babies need palate or tongue donations or anything like that? I know eyes are right out.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Awesome Andrew posted:

This woman gave birth to a daughter with no brain. I doubt most anyone here could ever imagine the sort of pain that would cause. As for as I'm concerned, she has a right to be crazy.

I have a hard time believing in Hell or any other kind of invisible secret place that our magical souls float away to after we die, but for those of you who think it's funny to harass this lady and attack her for not giving her child up for its organs, I hope there is such a place.

It's one thing to discuss the ethical responsibility she has for harvesting the organs, or the question of whether or not the thing is even alive (amongst ourselves)...but what could compel someone to try and make this woman's life worse right now? That poo poo makes you a much worse excuse for a human than any religious fanatic holding onto false hope during a traumatic circumstance could be.

That's just what happens when you fish for sympathy on the internet. Maybe she should have kept her misery to herself. Nobody would be emailing her if she hadn't made her story and her email address public.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

Cowslips Warren posted:

Someone said this baby looks right out of Silent Hill. I'm inclined to agree.
That was me. It's just the way it moves, ugh. Reminds me of this thing from Silent Hill 2. :gonk:

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

M_E_G. ADI. K posted:

That really says more about the attitude to education and being informed that apparently 'normal' people can't be expected to know about stuff like taking folic acid while pregnant. Surely the sensible, rational response to learning you're having a baby is to look up what you should *do* in case that information is somehow useful?
[...]
Your claim that this woman cannot possibly have been reasonably expected to know that folic acid is an essential nutrient for a developing foetus is specious. Even wikipedia says it's a good idea.
Wasn't this an unexpected pregnancy though? If so, it would have been too late by the time she found out.

Arcee
Oct 1, 2007

Dr. StrangeGuy

kissekatt posted:

Wasn't this an unexpected pregnancy though? If so, it would have been too late by the time she found out.

I think if you start taking it when you find out it can reduce the risks too, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Although if her aunt had the same thing happen to her, it may not have been possible to prevent as I think someone mentioned previously. However, she didn't find out for 19 weeks into her pregnancy and if there is a known case in your close family I would think she would have known to take it. Although she could have taken it unless she's said otherwise. How's the baby looking lately? I try to avoid looking at any pictures but the sidebar of her blog :(

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

No, the neural tube closes (or in this case, fails to do so) around day 28 after the conception, taking folic acid after that does not make any difference as far as I know.

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study
One of the most rational prayers I've ever heard doesn't even come from the Bible:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."

Which is too bad, because if it was word-for-word scripture maybe Myah would actually pay some attention to it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Part of Everything posted:

One of the most rational prayers I've ever heard doesn't even come from the Bible:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."

Which is too bad, because if it was word-for-word scripture maybe Myah would actually pay some attention to it.

Isn't this somewhere, in some phrased way, in the Bible?

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Awesome Andrew posted:

I think this has been gone over extensively already, but the problem isn't her coping with her own tragedy in whatever way she wants but the fact she's blogging about it being a "miracle" and allowing every wacko pro-life group under the sun to use her as a propaganda tool just so she can bask in the glow of adulation and attention.

She has no one to blame but herself for what has happened. In her blog she openly mocks Doctors and derides medical schools for not really knowing "anything" and getting all their "knowledge from textbooks." She posts about what a wonderful miracle her Zombaby is, then posts all the disturbing videos as "proof" of how normal her miracle baby is - and then is upset when people find them creepy. Anyone who disagrees with her vast knowledge gained from hanging out with Zombaby is a demon and in league with Satan. She has allowed, or encouraged, tons of pro-life sites to publicize her blog and link to it. Once you do that you can't select what kind of attention you get and complain when some is negative or disagrees with your views.

She should have kept this private if she didn't want any opposing points of view. A small blog for friends only - for support - would have been fine. But once you create a very public blog of your disabled brainless baby, with an agenda, condemning modern science, and accusing critics of being demons - well I don't have much sympathy. (Even though I don't think she is such a skillful propagandist that this was all pre-planned.) You would think the simple love for her "baby" would have prevented her from allowing it to be held up to public scrutiny - but no she wanted attention more than respectful privacy for her baby.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

Isn't this somewhere, in some phrased way, in the Bible?

Pretty sure it originated with 12-steppers.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

kissekatt posted:

No, the neural tube closes (or in this case, fails to do so) around day 28 after the conception, taking folic acid after that does not make any difference as far as I know.

Zombabby created after 28 days... there's an idea for a photoshop movie poster.

LD1984
Jan 2, 2004

Last Days of Crisco posted:

"Isn't it wonderful?"

Oh my God.

I...I can smell it. I can't eat my lunch anymore because I can literally smell the scene you described and my gag reflex just triggered.

I'm not joking. You did this!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Apology posted:

That's just what happens when you fish for sympathy on the internet. Maybe she should have kept her misery to herself. Nobody would be emailing her if she hadn't made her story and her email address public.

Yeah the fact that she put it on the internet is defiantly a good reason to troll a woman who gave birth to a really hosed up baby that will probably die very soon. Please do your best to make the experience even worse for her and show all of your internet brahs that this attention whore isn't fooling anybody.

Last Days of Crisco
Dec 3, 2005

by Peatpot

NESguerilla posted:

Yeah the fact that she put it on the internet is defiantly a good reason to troll a woman who gave birth to a really hosed up baby that will probably die very soon. Please do your best to make the experience even worse for her and show all of your internet brahs that this attention whore isn't fooling anybody.

I love this post. Read this post.

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

But has anyone actually trolled her? Sure, delusional mum says so, but given that she's convinced this baby is as advanced as other 2 month old babies, and that even friendly advice gets removed from her facebook page...

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
Oh, my, this gets stranger and stranger.

Myah is "Radically Born Again" - from a story about her "open air" preaching
(And yes, this is the same person,I've checked multiple details. These posts all dates from Spring 2008 so right around the time she got knocked up. Wonder if she was knocked up before or after the whole being radically being born again)
-
From the Link:

Myah Walker is a student and is working for the church for the summer..

Before I get ahead of myself, let me backstep and explain, in brief, how we met.

I saw an add on a buy/sell/trade site that asked where a good local church could be found.

Of course I had to write and share about Highfield Baptist! HB is an amazing assembly with a family and community oriented atmosphere.

I wrote to Myah and spoke on our assembly and Pastoral Leadership and after chatting for a while she had mentioned she was also seeking employment.

Myah applied with the church and was hired!

During our conversations, Myah had explained she had it in her heart to Open Air Preach, so I invited her out and here is the result of that first OA Meeting as she is facing a crowd on their lunch break at the CN Building:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-5814275002576853255

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-746563654136768208

I closed with:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3080201361333165910

Her second OA was great as well! We were at the farmer's market and she preached this:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1746375218901396149

At the conclusion, a man who shouted in our faces last year came to stop her.... I interjected before he could scream at her and degrade her as he did us last year and he decided to assault us..The man in the video was pretty agressive last year as he shouted in my face as I preached and demanded that we leave the Market premises so this year we weren't going to allow him to cause us to leave as City Council made it clear we can in fact be there...Myah Walker was preaching when he approached her but I addressed him and in a firm manner told him we would not leave as he wanted us to. He became aggressive and then mildly violent, shoving me and then pinning my cameraman to a bus. The worst thing anyone can do in that type of a situation is "fight back"... we have decided not to lay charges as that would not be Christ-like.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-7450080245033157910

All in all, both events were wonderful as Myah sure can preach!

MORE
EDIT: Sorry, originally forgot to post the link for the below: http://www.puritanboard.com/f71/street-preacher-assulted-here-33441/
You'll have to scroll down a bit to Dan's post to find it, you'll see two blank video screen which are the big tip off that you've found the post. Need to find these videos!)

(There were 2 videos of it posted, but I can't get them to load. Here was what it said about the videos below:)

This was Myah's second outing.

Myah was radically Born Again 4 months ago and now attends and works full time as a staff member at our local assembly (Highfield Baptist Church).

Myah felt the Call of God to OA before she ever met me or knew that I OA'd in Moncton, as she was saved in Nova Scotia and has only recently moved back to Moncton.

When she wanted to OA, we were all for it; I believe females and males are called to preach the Gospel, and Myah's presentation for a New Believer was astounding! Amen!

The market preaching was her second time doing OA...

It was going well until the market manager came over to accost her verbally and ask her to stop; I interjected as this same man a year ago became verbally aggressive and demanded we leave.

At that time the City told us we could in fact be present to preach; however, the market manager was not, apparently, told this.

That said, it was uncalled for to throw me and pin my cameraman while seeking to take our camera.

Nonetheless, we are not suing nor pressing charges.

The video of the incident itself was posted by a Fredericton individual and not by me.

The media immediately grabbed onto it and ran with it, twisting words and creating a stir, to the detriment of both the market manager and I.

I will say, using discretion as all aspects are not yet worked out, that Mr. Beck (manager of the market) is not fired, and we have asked that he remain at the market. The City has agreed.

Mr. Beck and I will most likely release a joint statement this coming week as the media blitz is ridiculous.

I hold no ought against Mr. Beck and nor should I; Christ is Lord and can easily with a word save Mr. Beck and set him free.

As per the Open Air Preaching, Brother Kevin, I do understand that you and many others may not be in agreement with it, and I can respect such a view, however, due to it we've been able to minister in the homes of drug addicts, prostitues and cult members (Mormons) with one homosexual seeing the vids and stating, "I don't want to be an abomination anymore."

John the Baptist OA'd at the River Jordan and baptized those who were ordained to eternal life while rebuking sharply and openly those who refused the Lord Almighty stating, "You brood of vipers! Who told you to flee from the wrath to come?!"

Scripture is clear that Paul "disputed daily".

Peter on the Day of Pentecost Open Air Preached and accused his listeners openly and publically of "crucifying the Lord" and then shared the Good News and 3000 were birthed into the Kingdom by the Grace of God which compels us.

The Law of God must strike the lost person to see his need for Christ. It would be a shame to introduce the cure before naming the disease of sin.

Spurgeon, Whitfield, Edwards, etc etc would not be very liked among us today, yet their fruit was lasting... though not popular.

In the same way, I feel at times like "throwing in the towel" on OA Preaching due to even Brethren misunderstanding this trype of Outreach; it comes with a loss of reputation and threats of violence etc etc... the reward on this earth is filled with stress, fear and a lack of approval. This is why much prayer must be brought forth by anyone going into this type of Ministry.

If the media had seen our clothing giveaway or our food bank, I may receive accolades, yet I'm not interested in the praise of man but am only concerned that lost man is going to a devil's hell without Christ.

I realize that what we do is in fact offensive to some, but at the same time, I truly do my best to present the Gospel in an Open Air format in the least confrontational way possible... but I cannot sacrifice the Truth for the sake of non offense.

Open Air Preaching is a hard, harsh and confrontational ministry which is more of a planting ministry... but it's only 10% of what we actually do.

The media seeks to portray us as OA's all the time, while in reality we're rarely OA Preaching as much as doing One2One Ministry.

I pray this explaination has been a help and may the Lord continue to use all of us in that place wherein He has called us to minister.

Dan Lirette
---------------------

Any modicum of sympathy I had for this girl has been rapidly diminishing with each new facet of her uncovered online.

Can anyone dig up a working video of her "in your face" street preaching? I really want to see it put every link I've tried so far it seems like they've been taking down or moved. (Wonder if that was done on purpose now that she's supposed to be some kind of pro-life poster-mom and this would mesh well with the demure, christian, mommy shtick? )

BunnySkull fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 27, 2009

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

'Open Air Preaching'? Is that what they call going to public places and college campuses waving their signs and screaming at people that they are all going to Hell? We have these people on campus (U of Michigan) every now and then and it always ends up with a big group of students surrounding them blaring music and otherwise trying to drown out their hateful and incendiary rhetoric.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Sirotan posted:

'Open Air Preaching'? Is that what they call going to public places and college campuses waving their signs and screaming at people that they are all going to Hell? We have these people on campus (U of Michigan) every now and then and it always ends up with a big group of students surrounding them blaring music and otherwise trying to drown out their hateful and incendiary rhetoric.

And the internet are the trolls. Fancy that.

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008

BunnySkull posted:

an anyone dig up a working video of her "in your face" street preaching? I really want to see it put every link I've tried so far it seems like they've been taking down or moved. (Wonder if that was done on purpose now that she's supposed to be some kind of pro-life poster-mom and this would mesh well with the demure, christian, mommy shtick? )

Also, noticed that "Dan Lirette" has totally disappeared, too. NONE of his websites are showing up anymore, and he took down all of the "Open Air" bitching sessions he had on YouTube and such. It sounds like they were pretty good buds. I wonder if he had anything to do with Myah's pregnancy? Hmmm...

samizdat fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 27, 2009

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
Worse and worse...

Here are pictures of her, when she was 6 months pregnant, speaking at Right-to-Life events in Canada.

Caption Reads posted:

Myah Walker gave an eloquent testimony about choosing life for her unborn baby whom she has named Hope. Six months pregnant, Myah has been told by doctors that Hope is handicapped. She has had to resist repeated pressure to abort. She hopes her story can inspire others about the God-given dignity of every child's life.
------------

I can now only assume that upon finding out she was going to have a anencephalic baby she committed herself to using it as a propaganda tool for radical christianity and pro-life witnessing. I take back what I said earlier about her not being manipulative enough to have planned this from the get-go - obviously she has done just that. This baby is a PR tool for her agenda, nothing more. gently caress her.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
Okay, thread just got 110% worse.

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004
Wow. What a oval office.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Wow... I don't even know how to react to this.

I don't feel sorry for her anymore though.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
I hope she died before but now I really hope she dies.

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
I just noticed at all these pro-life events she spoke at while pregnant she tells the audience that her baby is "handicapped" and she was "endlessly pressured to abort." She's giving the impression the heartless pro-abortion doctors were trying to make her get rid of her baby because it had a club foot or some other manageable handicap. I don't know about you but NO BRAIN is way beyond a "handicap" in my book. How loving purposely misleading can you get.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Beyond the fact that this is disgusting on many levels, it's also a grotesque waste of resources. Since Canada has universal healthcare, I take it the three medications the baby is taking are subsidized by the tax-paying people of Canada. Would tax dollars be better spent on helping people that have a chance of living?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
I think it was brought up before she isn't receiving free healthcare. The medicine the child's getting is bought by the mother from what I recall.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

NESguerilla posted:

She's using her experience to try and make sure that nobody else that is pregnant with a hosed up baby can get an abortion so she deserves everything she gets. Maybe if she didn't act like mothering a meat puppet makes her second only to the Virgin Mary people wouldn't be so hard on her.

I haven't sent her anything but if anyone else wants to "defiantly" troll her, more power to ya. She's doing her level best to make sure that other mothers have no choice but to give birth to and raise a brainless "angel" if they find themselves in the same situation, and on top of that, she wants a pat on the head and free baby stuff. gently caress her.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

This thread is a bottomless pit.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

Strongylocentrotus posted:

This thread is a bottomless pit.

You son of a bitch, I was just about to post a graph just like that. :v:

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

An observer posted:

You son of a bitch, I was just about to post a graph just like that. :v:

I'm quick to the MS Paint draw.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Apology posted:

She's using her experience to try and make sure that nobody else that is pregnant with a hosed up baby can get an abortion so she deserves everything she gets. Maybe if she didn't act like mothering a meat puppet makes her second only to the Virgin Mary people wouldn't be so hard on her.

I haven't sent her anything but if anyone else wants to "defiantly" troll her, more power to ya. She's doing her level best to make sure that other mothers have no choice but to give birth to and raise a brainless "angel" if they find themselves in the same situation, and on top of that, she wants a pat on the head and free baby stuff. gently caress her.

She has a right to keep the baby and so does anyone else carrying a brain dead child. I'm happy the real world isn't run by forums goons that think being pro choice involves forcing people to have abortions when there is something wrong with the kid, or the mom is poor etc.

I'm not saying I would do the same thing in her situation and I think shes pretty nutty, but that doesn't change the fact that only human garbage would take time out of their day to troll her.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

BunnySkull posted:

Worse and worse...

Here are pictures of her, when she was 6 months pregnant, speaking at Right-to-Life events in Canada.

------------

I can now only assume that upon finding out she was going to have a anencephalic baby she committed herself to using it as a propaganda tool for radical christianity and pro-life witnessing. I take back what I said earlier about her not being manipulative enough to have planned this from the get-go - obviously she has done just that. This baby is a PR tool for her agenda, nothing more. gently caress her.

Yep - any sympathy or compassion I had for this woman is completely gone. I was of the opinion that she was hit by the fundies and pro-lifers sometime later in the pregnancy. She was determined to use this as a propaganda piece even in the face of the facts about her "child".

She's loving despicable.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

NESguerilla posted:

I'm happy the real world isn't run by forums goons that think being pro choice involves forcing people to have abortions when there is something wrong with the kid, or the mom is poor etc.

The point is that pro-lifers such as Myah would like to see legislation that requires brainless babies be brought to term.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
I hope she gets pregnant out of wedlock with satans baby, then she miscarriages but, the baby actually survives through black magic and he comes back and cooks her and eats her. It turns out that he just ate some of her brain and she becomes a zombie meat sack and she just twitches and doesn't respond to anything until one day a lightning bolt strikes her in the face and she gets set ablaze and dies.

the end.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Someone get 4chan on this. They're better at this kind of thing.

Demolisher posted:

I hope she gets pregnant out of wedlock with satans baby, then she miscarriages but, the baby actually survives through black magic and he comes back and cooks her and eats her. It turns out that he just ate some of her brain and she becomes a zombie meat sack and she just twitches and doesn't respond to anything until one day a lightning bolt strikes her in the face and she gets set ablaze and dies.

the end.
Well that might still happen. A few of those things have come true so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

The point is that pro-lifers such as Myah would like to see legislation that requires brainless babies be brought to term.

Well its not going to happen and bugging her on the internet isn't going to solve anything either.