Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
It's really easy for us to talk about this whole thing so rationally because it's not happening to us.

I personally would have had an abortion, but I can't really blame her for not doing it. She was expecting the kid to die within hours -- she just wanted some time with it -- but the kid didn't die. What was she supposed to do with it then? Just leave it at the hospital? Watch it die? No mother would want to do that. It's just instinctive, you want to protect the little guys no matter what -- hell, I don't have any kids of my own but I spend a lot of time around a friend's son and I'm just so incredibly attached to him. I would die before I let anything happen to that boy, and we're not even related.

I don't really understand why people continue to believe in God when poo poo like this happens to them, and the whole "demon-possessed" thing is really, really crazy. Actually this whole thing is crazy, but in an incredibly depressing way, not in a funny way. This woman doesn't need more poo poo, she needs help. She has lost her mind. There's nothing funny about this at all.

Please, goons, just leave this poor woman alone. This is sad enough to watch as it is. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

Mrens posted:

Reading these woman's past entries fills me with a great deal of sympathy, did no one ever teach her how to deal with her grief, does she still think all of her childhood dogs are playing peacefully on a farm somewhere?
Of course they are. What are you, an atheist or something?

The video on her latest entry (http://babyfaithhope.blogspot.com/2009/04/9-weeks-old.html) is heartbreaking. I'm not understanding why her family doesn't do something about this. At least get her some help or something. She's going to kill herself when this child dies. Or start a cult, I guess. She certainly has enough "followers" for that.

I know that the baby's father is out of the picture, but is he aware of this situation? Does she mention this anywhere on the blog? I wonder how he feels about this whole thing.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

angrykid posted:

To be honest, if I had someone like this in my family, I wouldn't know what the gently caress to begin with. If you approach her as anything close to rational, she'll flip out and hate you forever and ever and that'll make it awkward next Christmas when she's point at you, shouting "SATAN PUPPET!". You can't make her go to therapy either, especially since she sees doctors as either idiots or evil.
True. I don't know what I would do if I had someone like her in my family, either. I probably would have done what I could to make sure that she had an abortion, but even then, considering the fact that she's a Jesus freak, I doubt she would have done it even if they'd told her that the baby was already dead. She's really loving crazy.

It's this kind of thing that confuses me about religious faith in general. How is this a "gift from God"? If there's a God, why would he allow a baby to be born like this in the first place? It's just plain cruel. She'd probably argue that this is God's way to teach us all a lesson or whatever, but man, can't he just let us know without sacrificing an innocent child and driving its mother nuts? Surely, in his infinite wisdom and power, he can come up with something less cruel.

Lady, your God is a jerk.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

ohnoyoudidnt posted:

Oh god...I really hope no fundies are trying to convince her that this birth defect is her punishment for the sin of having a child out of wedlock. I wouldn't put it past some people. :(
Jesus Christ, how come this hasn't happened? It makes a lot more sense to think of it as some kind of punishment than as a "gift".

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

Morlock posted:

I guess this way they get to have a nice heartwarming circlejerk about life-at-all-costs and mother-love and miracles. I suppose at least it's slightly better than burn-the-harlot, but christ, it's horrific either way.
I feel kinda bad because I can't stop thinking about what this woman will do when the baby dies. Is suicide a sin?

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
The Brazilian baby died in August 2008. She choked on milk, but she was already suffering from a pneumonia by then and would have died anyway. I remember seeing it on the news. Here's a picture of the little miracle.

She was almost 2 years old when she died.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

BunnySkull posted:

EEEEEEEIIIIIIYYYYyyyyaaaaaaa!!!!!
Yeah, that's about right. :gonk:

It was kind of a sad story, really, because I don't think the mother was given a choice; abortion is illegal here, except in cases of rape or if the mother's life is in danger. I know that you can appeal in cases like this, but good luck finding a doctor who will do it.

Then again, this baby's mother is probably a Catholic, so she wouldn't have aborted it anyway.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

Brillig posted:

"She seems to function at the same level as any "normal" baby."

:smith:
It's gonna suck if the baby survives for a few more months because it just won't crawl or grow like other babies and she'll just have to face the fact that her child is not normal or "advanced" or any such thing. I wonder how she'll deal with that.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
The Brazilian baby's mother said that she "took care of the little princess until the Lord was ready to pick her up".

Just thought I'd share.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

Buckwheat Sings posted:

This thing is giving me nightmares.
Christ, it looks like something out of a Silent Hill game. :gonk:

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

Millie posted:

And I'm willing to bet if there was a freak chance her baby could be saved through a donor, she wouldn't leave Zombaby's condition in God's hands - she's be filling out the paperwork to get the procedure done. So she is poo poo. I stand by that.
Absolutely. She only hates the doctors because they can't really help Faith. If they could, they wouldn't be "evil" at all.

I think she's being pretty selfish, too. I understand her attachment to the baby now, but she shouldn't even have taken it home to begin with. She's also causing her family (the non-delusional part of it anyway) a lot of distress and shame, I would imagine. This is just all kinds of hosed up.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

Cowslips Warren posted:

Someone said this baby looks right out of Silent Hill. I'm inclined to agree.
That was me. It's just the way it moves, ugh. Reminds me of this thing from Silent Hill 2. :gonk:

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Wow... I don't even know how to react to this.

I don't feel sorry for her anymore though.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

NESguerilla posted:

She has a right to keep the baby and so does anyone else carrying a brain dead child. I'm happy the real world isn't run by forums goons that think being pro choice involves forcing people to have abortions when there is something wrong with the kid, or the mom is poor etc.
She's essentially using her child as a tool to talk people into not aborting their hosed up babies. It's wrong to force either opinion on people. She's no better than the goons talking about how she should have aborted the child.

In fact, she's worse, because we're discussing this on the internet, and she was all over the place trying to convince people that having a braindead child is a wonderful idea.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

What the gently caress? No she's not, you raving lunatic, she's using her child as a tool for thinking she has a child. It's overwhelmingly common for people to blog, it doesn't mean they have an agenda.
What are you offending me for? The woman was preaching before the baby was born and before she started the blog. That's what I was referring to on my post. Its overwhelmingly common for people to blog, yes, but it's not overwhelmingly common (or healthy) for women with braindead babies to parade themselves all over the place and preach about what a wonderful loving gift the pregnancy is and how every woman who's expecting a brainless baby should carry it to full term. My point was that what she's doing is not any "better" than what others did when they told her to abort.

samizdat posted:

Nobody picked up on this because she was standing around in a farmer's market, screaming about fire and brimstone-- the fundamental Christian media picked up on because of the blog.
From what I understood of this whole thing, she was doing this in places bigger and more crowded than a farmer's market, hence my response. If she wasn't, then I was wrong and I'm sorry for the confusion.

Either way you're right -- the internet thing is far, far worse.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

stonedpanda posted:

Apparently he was married at the time he had an affair with our favorite nutcase, which probably explains why he disappeared.
Holy loving poo poo

This is the most disturbing thread I've ever read and it just keeps on getting worse every time I check it. Jesus Christ.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Oh god the "tickly feet" video. :gonk:

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Today's Horribleville reminded me of this thread:

KC owns

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

BuckT.Trend posted:

loving CHRIST. :aaa: There is no god. I have proof, right here.
Dude what are you talking about? Look at all these little miracles! :angel:

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
What a precious little miracle! Praise the Lord!

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

jidohanbaiki posted:

Besides sitting up at one week and burbling out the words "goo, gah and happen" it can also shoot laser beams and see the future.
Hahahahahaha I feel so bad for laughing at this.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Stay safe, Lowtax. He's coming for you. :(

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

eightbitgirl posted:

The picture of baby Noah with his dad is just heartbreaking.
Oh Christ that's... oh man. :(

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Myah looks hopelessly sad right now. I don't think she's delusional, at least not anymore. Looks like she realized that her little miracle is not a miracle after all. :(

Nice shirt, Dan.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

Dan Lirette posted:

I thought maybe you'd like the gay beard strip?
Nah I like manly men.

Do you love Faith?

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

Zames posted:

Do a GIS for anencephaly
Oh man :smith: + :gonk:

I keep thinking of how sad it must be for the parents. :(

o3o fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 14, 2009

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Oh man the latest post

quote:

Faith is 12 weeks old today. In 5 days she'll be 3 months old! :) My little girl is doing so well... she's been full of energy these past couple days
How delusional is she, Jesus Christ. Your baby is dying, Myah. :(

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Poor Myah. She's going to kill herself when this is over.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Poor Myah. :( I hope she recovers after all this.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Faith is spitting up clear liquid?

Noah's death story posted:

I knew he had to be tired from laboring all day with his breathing. I held him up so that I could see his face and it was at this point that he "spit up". It came out his nose and his mouth. It was a clear, kind of bubbly liquid and it scared me so very much to see him do that. He spit up several times during that period. Everyone in the room was so very quiet and tears were just pouring from everyone. I just knew that that was it and he was leaving us finally.

Article is here.

Bye bye, baby Faith. :(

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

Panne posted:

So theoretically she could stay with us a little longer. Though it would be best if she passed away.
Just for a few more hours, I think.

This whole thing is just really sad honestly. I'm all for making fun of Dan because he really is a moron, but not Myah right now. I don't like her very much, but I really don't think that anyone deserves to go through what she's going through, Jesus freak or no.

I guess I'm not goony enough. :(

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

FuzzyPickles posted:

I feel mostly the same deep down, but I wouldn't be so heartless about it if she wasn't engineering her own suffering. Even respecting her wish to not terminate the pregnancy, the only reason it has lived this long and is going out so horrifically is all the drugs she is pumping into it. She could have refused all the drugs and it would have ended a long time ago.

Or at least that's how I've understood it, I don't know what the steroids and such actually do or why, just following what I've read so far.
I don't agree with anything that she did, and I still think that she is both selfish and crazy. But right now she's just a lady with a dying child (or what she perceives as a child) and I'm not going to make fun of her. I just can't do it.

The kind of pain she's going through right now is no laughing matter.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Oh man I want a tag too.

Also, a white outline would look better than that white band I think.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

An observer posted:

I like #2 and #3.

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Poor Myah. I hope she pulls through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
Her feisty personality, her sweet little voice, how she hummed to herself...

Oh Myah. :(