Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

juliuspringle posted:

So what your saying is I got screwed the other day when I traded my copies of the first 3 Dean Koontz Frankenstein books to the local used bookstore for a paperback copy of Under the Dome the other day? Also he needs to get off his rear end and finally give us that drat lamp monster book.

No, no, you definitely got the opposite or screwed.

King may have his highs and lows, but I don't think anything he's written has been as bad as the Dean Koontz Frankenstein novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Hedrigall posted:

Also, this is pretty loving awful:

There's a lot wrong with this cover. But the lovely Photoshop emboss style on the text? That's going way to far.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I could have lived with Disney's The Dark Tower if they'd just put the lobstrosities in the movie. And I don't mean a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo, I want those dim-a-chum ded-a-chuck assholes front and center.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Tom Guycot posted:

Dang, I sure missed it. Where the heck did the lobstosities show up?

Supposedly (according to the director) you can see one on ice in the background of the Dixie Pig, but I didn't see it.

Man, I was mildly entertained by the movie when i saw it because i was drunk and had very low expectations, but what was Stephen King's excuse?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Now is the PERFECT time for a big-budget Hollywood remake of The Dead Zone.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

henpod posted:

I also just remembered that the man in black is killed by that spider-baby :(.

Thanks for indirectly reminding me that when the Man in Black is blinded by Mordred King starts calling him "Walter O'Dark" instead of "Walter O'Dim."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I just got out of It 2 and enjoyed it. It's not as good as the first one and the ending is a bit meh, but I'd say it's a solid B, B+ to the first movie's A. It was hilarious, though, that the Losers kill Pennywise by literally bullying him to death. It's been a while since I read the book, but I didn't remember that happening.

The two big disappointments for me were Derry doesn't get destroyed in the end and everything involving Henry Bowers felt so tacked on that I was like "What? That's it?" when he got killed. Again, it's been like 10 years since I read the book, but I don't remember it being so anticlimactic.

It's fun, but not as well put together as the first movie, which is kind of a shame because it still has so much of what made the first movie so much fun. It just doesn't come together quite as cohesively.