Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

theTaxidermy posted:

The trailer's up on the official website.

Oh poo poo yes. Here's the link btw http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

I spotted a "checkpoint reached" in there somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
Official unboxing of the Prestige Edition of MW2 just hit youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSS12iY1X0

Night vision goggles? Really?

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Hmm. While I don't doubt the Infinity Ward's decision, I'm kinda bummed out you don't receive XP in the Spec Ops mode. It'd be fun to have some way of leveling up your character when you're sick of the average XBLA player. That said it sounds fun as hell either way.

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Sandwolf posted:

Important points are here:

* There's no split screen online multiplayer

Ugh, so I guess split-screen over LAN is out as well? That kinda blows, but at least we still have Halo.

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

What? They made the maps bigger??? I was looking forward to the 18 player cap assuming the maps would be slightly reduced in size, but this poo poo is starting to get ridiculous.

There's a couple of maps that are comparable to Overgrown in size (such as the snow map Mondo mentioned), but also plenty of smaller ones. That said the general feel of the game is still small firefights and usually room to flank, not the all-out warfare PC players might expect after games of 20vs20.

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Vatek posted:

Nope. It forces you to be in the same channel as everyone else in the game.

Granted, it only applies to certain playlists, but those include the most popular ones such as TDM where respawning is instant. It's weird but it's really not that much of a biggie, it's very easy to mute people in the pre-game lobby (highlight them and press A) and that's what people did back when MW1 came out.

Just wanted to say that I hope this thread doesn't get gassed, despite the retarded arguments from sides of the discussion there's been some good posts in here and it's a nice if cynical counterpart to the console thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

I said come in! posted:

I say wait until the game inevitably tanks really hard and drops in price faster than CoD 4 and is cheaper than it. $60 isn't worth a 5 hour single player experience. Because that is all you are really getting when you buy this.

Just wanted to add that in addition to the short (but sweet) singleplayer campaign, there's also a bunch of Spec-Ops missions that are all co-op (a couple even require it). They're mostly based off of the campaigns from MW1 and 2 and they're really quite fun. Some are hellishly hard as well.