Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

STR posted:

I would think they'd use different firmware if that were the case?

A sizable number of head units are linux tablets, so all it takes to handle multiple system boards with different chips on a single image file is adding all the driver packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Darchangel posted:

Hold up.
There seems to be a zero missing here.

Amazon has no name 2dins units here for 70€ so 40 bucks isn't impossible.
https://www.amazon.it/X-REAKO-Autoradio-Bluetooth-telecamera-posteriore/dp/B07QV88WPP/

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

dissss posted:

Modern diesels have so much more to go wrong with them though so they're on their way out even in Europe.

They are on the way out since the eu governments have expressed to car manufacturers that, if they attempt to play with emissions again, they will gently caress them raw. Given that the latest euro emissions standards are incredibly stringent, oems will do diesels only on medium-big sizes which are not very competitive.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

90s Solo Cup posted:

I figured EVs are making diesels obsolete in the average passenger vehicle. Medium- to heavy-duty trucks are another story, although some fleets have already switched over to gassers due to the lower cost of upkeep and the emissions/def issue.

People are moving to petrol-ev or diesel-ev hybrids from pure diesels. BEV haven’t got the range and speed of charge to replace conventional diesels yet.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Grabbed a set of composite tire chains (Norauto F110, a rebrand of the Polaire Grip 110). I'm still trying to understand my car behaviors so i will skip the winter/all seasons tires for this year.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Steve French posted:

Am I misunderstanding or are you thinking of the Q7? Touareg is the same length as the Cayenne; Q7 was the three-row

He is likely misplacing the Macan as the standard Cayenne. Cayenne rides on the same underpinnings as the Q7, Q8, Urus, Bentayga and Tuareg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Got a level one charger for my travels to extended family where there won't be any wallbox to rely on. It has a weird feature that seems to be mandated for sales in France, full power (230V/16A) charge only for two hours then fall back to 8A for the rest of the session but it's not a bad thing for overnight charging.