Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It was the outer spring compressor tool so there were 2 parts. I was holding it by one of the shafts and went to set it on the ground. The bolt that I was not holding gave out and the spring shout out away from me with terrifying speed. I remember the force of the spring leaving my hand made my arm go numb.
I got onto the roof by going out my bedroom window onto the porch roof with a drywall sanding pole and vaulting onto the top roof above it (only about 5' but still, that's 30 feet in the air).

I got the spring back on by using a hydraulic press and a fuckton of metal zip ties and duct tape. I put it in place, got the LCA bolted up, shocks, everything all set, lowered the truck, and then stabbed at the metal zip ties with a concrete breaker bar until they let go with a horrifying BANG and the left front of the truck bounced up.
Autozone tried to charge me for the tool replacement until I went apeshit on a manager and explained what happened.

Sweet jabbers. I assume all these spring horror stories are involving strut springs, yeah? Makes me glad the Nova just has regular coils. Changed them without using compressors at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ExecuDork posted:

I'm honestly just curious: why do you need the ability to quickly get your trailer's fenders out of the way? I'm assuming you need to have fenders on your trailer because open wheels are prohibited, and to stop road grime from getting flung up onto whatever's on the trailer, but it's not obvious to me what problem you can solve by taking them off.

I was kinda wondering that too. I'm guessing it will make pulling the wheels off (and thereby all other wheel related maintenance) that much less of a pain in the rear end by having the fenders not getting all up in your poo poo. Trailers I've seen usually have the fenders pretty close to the tops of the tires.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

Mostly swearing, lubricants, alcohol, swearing, tears, pleading, broken tools, smashed knuckles, drill bits, more tears and swearing, taps, tap extractors, more swearing and alcoholism, more drills, helicoils, more swearing, more drills, and some random rear end through bolt and nut that can hold it back together.

Close, but it needs more swearing. The occasional guttural scream helps, too.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Raluek posted:

If you want to do rear discs for cheap, you can grab the calipers and hardware from a late 4th gen F-body (aero headlights, not 4-eyes ones). They are the same as the rear brakes on the Corvette and LS1 F-body, and I think they bolt right up to any Chevy rear end once you get rid of all the drum backing plate stuff. Downside is that you'll have to pull the axles out, so you'll have to open the diff to take the center pin (be CAREFUL not to drop the spiders out) and c-clips out. So it's a good weekend project, but it's not quite as easy as some other stuff.

You can also check out the steering box. If the slop is in there, you can tighten up the preload on the recirculating ball gear thing, just be careful you don't over-tighten it and cause it to bind. Raise the front wheels off the ground and run the steering lock to lock to verify that it's not binding. Mine had tons of slop in it, like a quarter turn almost, but it's nice and relatively tight since I did it up. You'll just need an allen wrench and a box wrench to turn the locking nut thing.

I agree with doing a trans cooler. It probably has a cooler loop in the radiator, but I don't really trust those and the stand-alone ones work better anyway. Maybe they had a stand-alone one if you had a 9C1 or tow package?

I have Moog ball joints and Raybestos shoes and they're fine. You might have to drill out the old ball joints if they're riveted in like mine were, but they might have changed that in the 30 years between them :v:

Agreeing on the F-body rear brakes. Bolted a set up to a 1973 10-bolt so they're pretty universal. The only things you'll really need to look at is the way the parking brake works and the rear suspension. I'm not familiar with the B-body suspension at all so I don't really know what's going on back there but on my Nova, I had to use 2 driver side backing plates and calipers because the factory passenger side plate would have interfered with my shock mount .Because of this, I had to flip the little actuator arm around on the now-passenger-side plate so the brake cable would pull the right way.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

the spyder posted:

My new turbo got here Friday.

I've made a terrible awesome mistake.

:stare:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

holy gently caress.

We need to design you a << DO NOT FOLLOW. WATCH FOR FLYING APEX SEALS. >> sticker.

PLEASE SECURE ALL VALUABLES AND LOOSE CLOTHING BEFORE STANDING IN FRONT OF RUNNING VEHICLE.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Did you buy based on application or did you buy based on size? Bearings like that usually have a model number on them that actually integrates the size into the number so you should be able to find the same "model" across brands. Looks like that one is actually 6303RDH. All 6303s should be the same size.

Edit: 6303 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Alternator-Bearing-17x47x14-Rubber-Sealed/dp/B005LOHVNY

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 18, 2017

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, I understand how standard bearing part numbers work. I bought based on what several alternator parts sites and forum posts said the bearing was supposed to be. The eBay listing specifically said "NTN 6303LU" which would be the correct sealed version of the 6303 bearing. The seller just made an error reading the part number on the unboxed bearings.
I actually couldn't find info on the 6303RDH part number on the existing bearing. Toyo 6303-2RS appears to be the current part number for the sealed version. There's also a C3 version with looser internal tolerances available. I would also have accepted SKF and other name-brand bearings. I could have paid less, but $10 shipped for a name-brand bearing is fine. The listing I originally bought from was the cheapest name brand ($7 for two bearings) in a general "6303 bearing" search. would have been a fantastic deal if they'd actually been 6303s. Still a good deal if you need 6203s.

The WBD you linked was considered to be the budget alternative to the NTN on alternatorparts.com: http://store.alternatorparts.com/6g-bearings.aspx
Probably fine.

edit: seller pulled the listing "due to errors in the listing" and thanked me for the heads up, which I appreciate. i'm not angry or anything - it's just frustrating that I can't seem to get rid of this squeak.

Well that sucks. That WBD was just the first example I found on Amazon for the size. I was looking for that "RDH" number yesterday too and couldn't really find anything. Makes sense if they changed the part number.

Superior German bearings for 13 bucks: https://www.amazon.com/FAG-6303-2RS...ds=6303+bearing

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Washed it :)

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Gerblederp posted:

Got it running. Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uFJGd6PsiA

Then I found out the difference between Large Bolt Pattern Rims and Small Bolt Pattern rims on old Dodges! My uncle had swapped out the small front hubs for larger ones, which I'd discovered after buying 4 Small Bolt Pattern rims and already putting the tires on them! :suicide:

Coming along though.

Yeah! Sounds nasty.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

ugh I wish so badly that I could stand up my sockets in any drawer of my toolbox.
This would be perfect If I kept sockets in my split top cart.
Maybe I should get another cart for just that purpose...
*checks https://store.snapon.com/Roll-Carts-C629509.aspx* :stare:

That's... eye watering.

I have one of these and it's the jam. https://www.harborfreight.com/30-in-5-drawer-glossy-red-tool-cart-61427.html Top compartment is deep enough for me to stand up all my deep-wells on HF's plastic socket trays.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I've never really thought about it before, but I had no idea that was a separate panel.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
New pads and rotors on the wife's CX-5. Mazda is actually cool enough to put a threaded hole in the rotor hat that goes all the way through so you can run a bolt in there to push the rotor off the hub. Threads are M8 x 1.25 if anyone has a similar project approaching. Pro tip: the rear caliper bolts off a late 4th gen F-body (and probably a million other GM cars) are this exact thread and will do the job. I ended up twisting the head off of one of mine, but that was my fault more than the bolt.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

chrisgt posted:

Since I live in maine i've never actually had that trick work for me. Either the threads are a big ball of rust, or the rotor is so stuck the threads just rip out. really nice idea in theory, though ... Might have had something to do with the fact I worked in one of those shops you take your car to if you want another year out of it. I finally got fed up with the halfassed way we were supposed to repair things. Anyway, I digress..

I couldn't believe it worked as well as it did. I'm way up north in Illinois and there's no shortage of rust up here including on the old rotors. I gave everything a good hosing down with Kroil before I started turning poo poo so that probably didn't hurt.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

BlackMK4 posted:

I went full autismo and fixed something in my car with a part from a trash can sold in Europe. It worked.

Well done. It can be super hard finding poo poo like that. Half the battle is just figuring out what a part is called.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Is that Some Like It Hot Red or the other red?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Mr-Spain posted:

Some Like it Hot. In bright light it's a real coppery color, overcast its almost burgundy.

Edit: higher rez https://i.imgur.com/0KbwjxY.jpg

I think I really like that color, but I've never seen it look the same in more than one picture. I've been stalking local dealerships to see if they ever get one in because I really want to see that color in person. If it looks the way I think it does, I may end up using it on my car eventually.

Nice ride, man.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

sneakyfrog posted:

love the color.

:same:

Color got a name?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Ansith posted:

I forgot something in my previous post, the start of my new interior!

They're actually the Fairlane style of door trims, so they're supposed to have wood grain inside the chrome box. Turned out the Fairlane cards had a metal bracket behind them to support it which I don't have so the place that made them didn't do it. I'm happy with them but I wish I had known before they made them so I could have just said do the standard Fairmont style.

I wanted that drat wood grain

They'll look good when I get the arm rests and everything on there.

Hells yeah new door panels! :):hf::)

I really like the carpet on the bottom.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

Know how I know you were working on the Lincoln?

That loving studbolt

God drat does Ford ever have a raging hard-on for that bullshit. :argh:

I poured 5 quarts of oil into my car today. It had started rattling really badly (like, worse than it normally does, which is quite an achievement) and then the dummy lamp started coming on when I hit the brakes, so I knew it was time. Motor will still probably outlast the clutch, so I don't really give a poo poo.

Hoping I get rear ended just hard enough to total it without injuring me tomorrow... What a loving nugget that thing is.

The hate you have for your shitpile is so pure and beautiful it makes me smile.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

A3th3r posted:

They cost about $397. The rest was for labor. I guess that's a fairly competitive price & they are not making all that much money on that transaction

As a guy that owns an SBC,

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Go full Canadian boso and form it into the shape of a maple leaf.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

The hammer trick for popping tapers loose woulda solved that in 30 seconds or so and felt just as good. Oh well, always next time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDsci-izhhc

Also why you gotta feed the troll, he was posting as an illiterate Subaru vapebro last time he came in here IIRC, which was also blatantly obvious trolling

I wish that trick worked for me. I swung that loving hammer until my arm got tired and it wouldn't let go. Luckily, I didn't have an axle shaft in the way so I built a separator out of a nut, bolt, washers, and a socket.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

EvilBeard posted:

As someone who's looking to buy new tires, it's unfortunately not crazy. I wish I could get a discount to get that price.

265s on a 22"?

:stonkhat:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
"Prevailing Torque" nuts is another name. Bolt Depot's got 'em with the flange in metric: https://www.boltdepot.com/Metric_flange_nuts_prevailing_torque.aspx

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Elmnt80 posted:

The anchor mounts are in fact poop. Yet we still have poo poo tons of them because they got relabelled into our new line and even if they ordered some in, its decent odds it'd be more anchor crap from the distribution center's stock.

I picked up an Anchor mount for the trans in the Nova. Whatever the O'reilly dude had in his computer as fitting my car was no good, though. Good thing I brought a bolt and a part number to confirm. It kills me that 'transmission' isn't an option in the computer seemingly anywhere. I'm pretty sure you could order that car with 4 different transmissions (depending on engine) but the only thing they can narrow it down by is engine. Took the Pep Boys manager a while to track down a filter and gasket for it when I was looking for one.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Dennis McClaren posted:

No disrespect, I'm genuinely curious. But why pick up a mount at O'reilly's instead of Amazon Prime, or Ebay?

I understand in some cases that you need something NOW, and Prime's free overnite, or free 2-day shipping still takes too long for some situations... But is there any other reason I'm missing?

With Amazon/Ebay you're going in with your own part number and info about your car, instead of relying on an O'reilly store associate to give you a *possibly* incorrect part. (Wouldn't be the employee's fault, just their computer part network)

I was putting my poo poo back together and wanted to get it done then so I wouldn't forget about it. I had a part number that looked good based on pics I'd seen online and I had the fasteners to verify. Had some other poo poo to go run out and do that day so I just put it on my list of stops. Easy verification that it was what I needed, too. Guy handed me what the computer said would fit -> tried bolt -> no worky. Gave me the part based on the number I'd found -> tried bolt -> great success. No waiting for a potentially incorrect part.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Colostomy Bag posted:

And hence the #1 thing I hate about part stores. I'll go in and say (after checking their website to make sure it is in stock) a Felpro gasket # for a thermostat housing. No, let's go through the song and dance and picking the vehicle. Napa excluded from rant.

Yeah, I always try to get a part # when I can, but it's a crapshoot on whether or not the counter monkey can actually make that part appear.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Darchangel posted:

I believe I posted about the door handle cable on my wife's Kia last week, especially the "there I fixed it" bodge to let her open the door from the inside until parts showed up.
Parts showed up, and were not only correct, but actual OEM parts (well, part, singular.)

$5.47!
Need to keep this parts house's card if this is typical.

New cable in and working. I had to source a new retainer clip from my stash, since that got broken as well as the end of the cable.

Then there was the door latch end.

'Twas a bit tight getting my meathooks in there. That plastic cover covers the whole latch assembly, so makes the right angle around the window track, meaning I couldn't remove it without pulling the latch or the track, so I had to just bend it out of the way. The cable attaches on this end exactly the same way as the handle end. The hard bit was getting the end oriented, in the hole, and then keeping it ther while I fumbled around getting the retainer swiveled into place. Took a few tries, but I got it.
Kudos to Kia for making the cable bisexual. It was the same on both ends, so orientation didn't matter. Brilliant!

And let me guess - all the poo poo with the door latch had to be done completely blind because it was inside of the door? I got closely acquainted with the guts of all 4 doors in the Nova when I was unfucking all the window mechanisms. By the time I was finished up my arms looked like I just got done wrangling a herd of cats. But now I can say that I can put the window tracks back together while blindfolded.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Raluek posted:

Looks like I'm having a better day than STR. I've always liked the gold 15" thirdgen wheels, so I've been keeping an eye out for a nice set for a good price. Found some and just got some new white-letter tires put on; would you believe that my unassuming family sedan can fit 255s no problem? I'm not complaining.

I had 215s on generic white steelies before, so this is a welcome change.

:hellyeah:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Grakkus posted:

I feel like you just answered your own question :)

Yep. You might even be able to find a 'replacement' on craigslist soon for less than the $40 :v:.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cage posted:

drat, I want that thunderbird. Kind of want to sell my winter beater and fly down south to get something new.

Do it. Be about that MN12 life.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Powershift posted:

Made use of the M on the M+S tires.

She even looks pretty when she's dirty.

I hope you have a nice set of mirrored aviators to go with that beast.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Especially if they're red. Are they red?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Fifty Three posted:

I ended up buying the 700ft/lb DeWalt because I like vaporizing bolt heads, and I love mine. :unsmigghh:

Edit: The exact one Geoj bought, hog ring (HB) model.

There's no kill like overkill :black101:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
WISE FWUM YOUR GWAVE

Looks sharp as poo poo, man.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

PaintVagrant posted:

Double post!

My buddy gave me his 98 Avalon xls. It was his beater car for a few years in MI but was mostly a Tennessee car. The brakes drag like gently caress and it has an exhaust leak. 215k miles and seems to run really well otherwise.

New calipers/rotors/pads -

It has been titled the Grandpalon, and it runs better the more stickers it has on it so I need some fuckin’ stickers I guess.

Free winter beater? Figure out how to throw an inch of lift and some A/Ts on it.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Elephanthead posted:

Changed the fuel pump in my ion today and didn't spill a drop of gas until I tried using one of the new gas cans that you have to push the spigot to get gas to come out while turning a safety at which point it spills gas all over your hand and everywhere except down the spout.

Those are some of the worst loving things ever. Mine doesn't work for poo poo on my Nova because the filler is behind the plate. Last time I used it, I had to turn the nozzle around 180* to get the last quart or so out of the can. loving idiotic.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

doogle posted:

My wife's civic came back from the dealer with an oil change and a note in the file saying that the oil level was over capacity due to oil/fuel dilution. Other than that they do not have a "fix" or anything other than a TSB right now.

In other news:

I hard wired my Valentine One to the rearview mirror in my Chevy SS. It was super simple to do, I just cut the end off of a phone cord, threw a 2A fuse-able link between the radar detector and the mirror wiring harness, and soldered some pins that fit in the back of the mirror plug which piggybacks on the 12v the car supplies to the mirror. Much cleaner than the spiral power cable from the cigarette lighter and I didn't have to run a power cable under the weatherstripping and across the side impact airbag.

also:
I got a set of gen 2 CTS-V brakes for the SS for super cheap thanks to cyber monday. Ignore how dirty the wheels are, it is cold outside.

Who the hell had Cyber Monday deals on those monsters?

Also, what kind of calipers are they replacing? Brembo 4 pots?

Also, what are you going to do with the old ones...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Colostomy Bag posted:

gently caress car doors. Cripes removing the cards/panels are a pain (and you always destroy something in the process.) Then, my god, peel back the plastic weather shield and you are left dealing with an adhesive that is used on spacecraft.

Of course after that, if your hands are larger than someone that is five years old get a tetanus shot.

Rant over.

Man, I hear that second part. I had to fix both the rear window tracks in the Nova and your think I was wrestling a cat by the time I was done with them both. And of course all of the work is done blind because your arm is in the way of actually seeing anything.