Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Argon-40 posted:

I don't get what's so creepy here. It's a neat visual effect.

if the marblehornets guys know how this was done, this is how slenderman needs to walk. very cool effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr_jim
Oct 30, 2006

OUT OF THE DARK

Error 404 posted:

if the marblehornets guys know how this was done, this is how slenderman needs to walk. very cool effect.

It looks like a rolling shutter effect, but I've only ever seen it done with still photos before.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

also Party crash action Slender-Man

Only registered members can see post attachments!

killer crane fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 1, 2009

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Argon-40 posted:

I don't get what's so creepy here. It's a neat visual effect.

mr_jim
Oct 30, 2006

OUT OF THE DARK

Underflow posted:

It stopped stopped creeping me out when I figured out how it was being done. It's still really cool though.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

mr_jim posted:

It looks like a rolling shutter effect, but I've only ever seen it done with still photos before.

I suspect it's digital. It looks like the image is being updated by lines from the bottom to the top, with each line delayed a little from the line below it.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

genesplicer posted:

Further Mystery of the artist Josef Franz

I'm sorry to qoute that from almost a month ago now, but I guess you would want to have a correct german translation maybe. The first being :" Wer ist das?" the second: "Warum beobachtet er mich?"
Just trying to be helpful, not a smart-rear end :(

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

edit: I wanted to create a SM silhouette to put in a pic. Unfortunately none of the good pictures are public domain.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 10, 2009

Hologram
Nov 2, 2006

:chillpill:

a foolish pianist posted:

I suspect it's digital. It looks like the image is being updated by lines from the bottom to the top, with each line delayed a little from the line below it.

It's called slit-scan photography.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
:edit:
wrong thread, duh

Jose Mengelez fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 21, 2009

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Jose Mengelez posted:

He's just asking for somebody to bring a katana or a broadsword and put him out of his misery. Poor girls puking in the sink.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

I got a picture in my head of a Slender-Man action figure with a bottle of booze in one hand and a lamp shade on its head.

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

BooDoug187 posted:

I got a picture in my head of a Slender-Man action figure with a bottle of booze in one hand and a lamp shade on its head.

People who meet him go catatonic and say/write/draw "HE LOVES ME, MAN! HE LOVES ME, MAN!"

sarsbar
Oct 16, 2007

GA: Yes Your Shout Pole Is Like A Tower Broadcasting Your Fear Across The Ring And You Are Right To Be Afraid
I just finished watching the 22nd tape of Marble Hornets... whoever is responsible for those: thanks a lot you rear end in a top hat, I'll never sleep again! :cry:

MooseyFate
May 20, 2007

Yes, that's right

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

I find it creepier that everyone looks like they're made of wax in this picture for some reason.

Tallahassee
Jan 12, 2010

WindyWolly posted:

:words:

This gave me chills, awesome story and well written!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

skipThings posted:

I'm sorry to qoute that from almost a month ago now, but I guess you would want to have a correct german translation maybe. The first being :" Wer ist das?" the second: "Warum beobachtet er mich?"
Just trying to be helpful, not a smart-rear end :(

Thanks for that. I last took German in 7th grade, which was 32 years ago. I have forgotten most of what I learned. So I did my best, and "confirmed" it using babelfish.

Or maybe the artist had descended into madness??????

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
ugh, slenderman... :argh:

I'm new to somethingawful, so I made the mistake of skimming through this thread and looking at all the slenderman pics (again, :argh:) late at night with the lights off.

So, today, I visited a client with dementia (I'm a social worker), and he kept telling me "The Tall Man's comin'...", which apparently he repeats ad nauseum all day every day.

:ohdear:

edit- oops.

discoukulele fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 19, 2010

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

discoukulele posted:

loving
I'm new to somethingawful
you are

Mooch and Earl
May 20, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

discoukulele posted:

ugh, loving slenderman... :argh:

I'm new to somethingawful, so I made the mistake of skimming through this thread and looking at all the slenderman pics (again, :argh:) late at night with the lights off.

So, today, I visited a client with dementia (I'm a social worker), and he kept telling me "The Tall Man's comin'...", which apparently he repeats ad nauseum all day every day.

:ohdear:

It's okay I did the same thing even though I already knew it was filtered like that.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Ok, know I'm a little late to the creepy-fest, but humbly submit the following.

My version of Slenderman is the upper body of the preacher from Poltergeist blended with The Tall Man from Phantasm.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Ensign_Ricky posted:

My version of Slenderman is the upper body of the preacher from Poltergeist blended with The Tall Man from Phantasm.

You are an evil, evil man for putting that mental image in my head :gonk:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Daeren posted:

You are an evil, evil man for putting that mental image in my head :gonk:

poo poo, I made it and it's going to give me loving nightmares!

Here's the actual image

And some more nightmare fuel.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 19, 2010

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Hating to double post, but I was bored and decided to creep the living hell out of myself by making the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy7j4ueRbOg

I couldn't think of any good music to put over it, and I'm not sure if my voice is menacing enough for a voiceover.

Genesplicer, I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your Josef Franz story, it worked way too well.

edit way the gently caress after the fact:

Now with music!

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 20, 2010

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

INITIATING KAYKE-EATING SOFTWARE
Holy crap, 46 pages down. What am I supposed to do with my evenings now? :(

I thought I was doing very well vis a vis: not freaking out about the Slender Man, until I left my bedroom and came back to it this morning. Now, I have up at the moment a tall drying rack with my laundry hanging down, which means a lot of black clothes, and an unfortunately-positioned head-sized white towel hanging from the top. I think you can tell where I'm going with this.

Came back upstairs with my cereal, opened my bedroom door, SLENDER MAN IN MY BEDROOM.

I nearly had a heart attack. Hell, it even scared me in the next few moments, when I opened my door again in full knowledge that the drying rack was right behind it.

This is your fault. I hate you all.

Lies, having a daily dose of supernatural awesomeness via this thread made that scare totally worth it.

At least my nights are safe. I'm having the occasional Slender Man dream, but they're not actually scary at all. I'm not someone being stalked by him. I am him, skating on the fog and scaring the poo poo out of a lot of poor bastards with cameras. It's damned fun, I tell you what.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Ok, final version of my first trailer attempt. Feedback welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yllKi4KjLM

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

INITIATING KAYKE-EATING SOFTWARE

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Ok, final version of my first trailer attempt. Feedback welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yllKi4KjLM

I like the font, but I can't help feeling it's a little too jaunty for a Slender Man movie. Love the way it slides on screen, though. Can you make it slide off like that as well?

Using the Martin Luther picture kind of killed my suspension of belief. :( It's just such a famous image, and so easy to find the un-shopped original. Which is a shame, because the stuff it leads into with the kids' drawings and Josef Franz getting locked away is awesome.

Having the music briefly die at "but the Slender Man remains" was really cool.

I'd love to see it with audio distortion and jumped frames, but I don't want to just say "copy Marble Hornets". Sadly, what's justified in a handheld video camera tape wouldn't make so much sense in a digitally created and polished trailer. Although those things are caused by the almighty Slender Man...

...now I'm imagining a trailer uploaded with a spot of audio distortion and suchlike, and a note in the sidebar saying that the upload keeps going screwy and so this is a placeholder until you manage to get one working flawlessly.

But you never do. Because Slender Man likes to maintain creative input into productions bearing his name. :ghost:

Forti
May 5, 2009

I know this is kind of late and stupid but it gave me nightmares so I suppose it counts.

On Christmas Eve I was walking up to church with my family (The one time a year I actually go) and since it had been several weeks since I stopped reading this thread, I was cooling down a little. Then in the field outside my house I noticed a really tall thin shape, with a white blob on top. None of my family members seemed to notcie, so I eyed it pretty warily as we got closer.

Turns out someone on my street had built an 8-foot tall snowman, extremely thin and with the shape of a creepy smile hacked into his featureless head.

Everyone thought it was creepy but I shat a brick. So than you GBS for ruining christmas :saddowns:

I am but sad I didn't take a photo, as it was gone the next day...

Forti fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jan 26, 2010

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Does any one have a copy of the flier that was made a few pages back. I want to print one out and make some copies and put them around my school and maybe a couple in town and see what happens. If not copy of it remains any input as to what I should list on the page other than a description of Slender Man and what steps to take if encountered?

P455W012D
Mar 20, 2007

"Smells like a Squatch"
It could just be me; but I'm starting to find that slender man isn't all that creepy lately. Its like he is being stretched out too much. I think its more creepy just having the 6'5" - 6'11" well dressed suited faceless man. The more normal he appears at the weird places is what makes it creepy. Like in Halloween movies where Myer's is just standing in background still.

The art-work is cool people, it's just my 2 cents on the slender man concept.

Wagoneer
Jul 16, 2006

hay there!

madebz posted:

It could just be me; but I'm starting to find that slender man isn't all that creepy lately. Its like he is being stretched out too much. I think its more creepy just having the 6'5" - 6'11" well dressed suited faceless man. The more normal he appears at the weird places is what makes it creepy. Like in Halloween movies where Myer's is just standing in background still.

The art-work is cool people, it's just my 2 cents on the slender man concept.

Maybe it just isn't creepy because there's nothing really scary about some tall thing dressed in a suit. Maybe if it showed some kind of pain, agony, sadness, had some context, or was at least naked (to explain that some "paranormal" being wasn't really going for a fashion statement) it would be a little creepy. Sorry to be Buzzkillian McGee.

KaosFactor
Dec 10, 2000

Rommel Rommel
Over use, and lack of context have negated his creepiness. I was most freaked out not by what I read here, but where my mind went from there.

Mithian
Jul 27, 2008
This Goddamn thread. gently caress! I have been thoroughly unnerved. Now i must bring the horror of Slenderman to my school, and hopefully from that to my city.

Be afraid Co springs, be very afraid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
This is a painting I bought from a girl I know about 2 years ago. I love it, but everyone I have over asks me to cover it up when they spend the night. I don't know why it creeps people out so much, until I read about Slenderman.