Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You're next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

IUG posted:

Does it look different for people on Windows? On a Mac I'm just seeing a bunch of boxes, accent marks, and etc.

You can both see what it ought to look like and generate your own: http://www.marlborotech.com/Zalgo.html

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So I guess you're doing something wrong. ;)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

rinski posted:

Click here for the full 977x210 image.

That's what it looks like on a Mac, which I think is creepier. :colbert:

Only when they paste it into a post here. If you go to the generator site, it looks closer to correct, except it puts all the weird crap between the letters horizontally, instead of growing up and down form them. Which I sort of like.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Likewise. My neighborhood has very widely spaced streetlights, with lots of trees here and there, as well as an empty lot across the street with a dark line of trees at the far end.

Slenderman is the shadows under the trees. Slenderman is that brief moment before you turn on the light when walking into a dark room, and the same moment when you leave. Slenderman is the leaves you can hear skittering down the road, but are unable to see. Slenderman wakes you up in the middle of the night and won't let you go back to sleep because you can feel him watching you.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Strikes me as too actively aggressive and well-defined for Slenderman. This is more like...Venom, in a suit. v:what:v

vvv Yup, I agree, it's not a bad drawing. :)

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 6, 2009

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yup, that's more "true" to what I think most of us see in Slenderman.

Now go to hell, you rear end in a top hat. :(

You ever done any drawings for those Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books? The ones who's illustrations hav been posted here and there throughout this thread?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It helps to sit alone in your basement (or your mom's, whatever) late at night, read this thread with all the slenderman pictures, and then maybe check out the videos that were posted as an offshoot of this thread over in the Marble Hornets thread.

It's more a suspension of disbelief thing. Part of the "scariness" of it is that there is no real solid definition for what Slenderman is. He's different a little bit for everyone. I think the only consistent "facts" about him are that 1) he's long and narrow in every aspect, 2) is approximating human clothing, and 3) shows up goddamn everywhere in creepy ways.

It's sort of a spooky madlib. What spooks you out? That's what Slenderman is/does.

For me, he's there late at night when I walk into a dark room just before hitting the lights on. I keep expecting to flip the light on and there he is, just loving standing there, right in front of me, waiting for who knows what, but oh my god I almost walked right into him what the gently caress get outofhererunrunrunrun...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I was just thinking, maybe it's time we had one of these...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I prefer the idea of him not actually wearing the clothes. He's more chameleon like. He's just trying to approximate the human form, but of course being as alien as he is to us, he doesn't understand what the "important" features are or how to get them right, really. Hence the lack of any real discernible facial features. And of course his motivations for attempting to blend in are of course incomprehensible to us. Our minds cannot comprehend his, and likewise his can't comprehend ours. His motivations are unknowable.

By far the greatest thing about Slenderman is that he is whatever he needs to be to whoever is thinking about him. There's not really any such thing as "cannon" when it comes to Slenderman. He is what he must be. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, that was uncomfortable. Good morning, and gently caress you.