Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I read this thread while in bed last night, and if you wanted to go off on a tangent about slender man haunting the dreams of those who research him, you'll be telling the truth. Not quite a nightmare as I didn't feel the usual fear that goes along with them, but very odd dreams that started with running from an apparition of him in the distance and ended with him catching up to me and ripping my chest open with his tentacles as I tried to fight back, at which point I woke up.

I'd love to see the storyline extended and it would make a kickass movie or book if you promised it would end with the researcher being killed by Slender Man instead of a happy ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

This is like Lovecraft without all the racism. I'm going to see what I can do about some "actual" cave paintings and wood carvings of slender man in the next week or so.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

Adair, J. (1989) British Myths, Legends and Unsolved Tales, London: Pan Books.
I think the word you were looking for is "emaciated," not "emancipating.". Otherwise good

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

ONITABAS posted:

Pheeeewy! Look at that baby right there! Me and my Buds (i mean bud lights lol) went out on the lake this morning and I snagged myself this here beauty. Weighs at least 15 pounds. I'm gonna keep this and put it on my wall.

GIT 'R' DONE!
Saturation and brightness on the subject don't quite match the rest of the image.

21stCentury posted:

Now, as for the factors for a target, seems the Slenderman likes: Fear, mental illness, high levels of stress. Therefore, he often strikes children. Also seems to strike people who are enfeebled mentally/psychically/psychiatrically?
One account seems to indicate that he took control of several mentally stable people and "forced" them to kill their schizophrenic friend, who he didn't or was unable to control. In another case, walking a witness down the hallway of a mental institution provoked multiple catatonic patients to start screaming and moving. Many bystanders and witnesses suffer severe PTSD and have had slender man encounters of increasing severity have been reported between the first experience until their disappearances or deaths.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

JossiRossi posted:

How much do you think it is to rent one of those, and then to lead an extension cord into the heart of the woods?
The cost about $400 per day to rent plus the cost of a generator.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Seems like the idea that he fits in by appearing as someone trusted is right. Who did the Aztecs trust more than their priests? He didn't even have to hide, they would cut out hearts for him when he told them to.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

ferndavant posted:

Apparently, Slender Man ended up in a side show once, boxing some fat rear end.

He won, I assume.

I haven't PSed in a while, and I was never that good. Thoughts?
The blurred areas don't match the texture of the rest of the photo. When you blur, smudge, or draw, you need to add noise until it matches, in this case you specifically want to add grain. Since the original is pretty heavily compressed, it may be worth it to apply Gaussian blur with a radius of a few pixels then add noise to the whole thing and save it at a low quality jpeg to create more uniform artifacting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I know youtube doubler is pretty cliche by now, but I just started rewatching the Marble Hornets videos for inspiration (what are the odds that someone at work would be about to throw out a headless mannequin and ask me if I wanted it for any reason?) and this popped up on Winamp. Turn up the bass, turn up the volume, and turn off the lights. It's eerie how well it matches up. If only you could fullscreen youtube doubles :( It's like a horror movie flashback.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...ature%3Dchannel