Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kohinoor
May 30, 2009

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1360860/

This film takes place in Iran and starts out with a very simple story of family and friends en route to their vacation home. Innocent lies created out of good intention create the set up for the major event of the film, where about 10 or 11 people go on vacation and one of the women invites her child's preschool teacher to come along. Everything seems innocent enough, until tragedy strikes and up until near the end of the story the viewer is left wondering about the intentions and character of each individual. The best part about this film is that the story could be about anyone, anywhere. No part of this film requires a stretch of the imagination and there is no fancy camera work or special effects. The one thing about the film that I kind of wish was that the element of mystery that is created in the movie is essentially spoiled at the very end when they try to bring closure. I think that is the most I can say without giving anything away.

The story line is very easy and straightforward to understand and the movie mirrors events that could happen to anyone. That's part of what makes this such a great film. I watched this film at Tribeca Film Festival and only recently found out that it won for best narrative. It has also been the recipient of many other international awards, all of which are well deserved.

5/5

edit: I didn't realize the foreign characters in the title wouldn't be recognized. My apologies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU