Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I'm a creepy furry who feels entitled to other people's babies, but only if they are white. Yiff!
My current dogs are purebreds (one from a BYB when I was in high school, the other a rescue) but I do have some past dogs to share :3:

Trisha I adopted from a local shelter. She was a beagle/basset mix, lemon and white, and had the most delightful personality. She was insanely smart, which is what killed her in the end along with a combination of stupidity on behalf of my ex and myself (though, I blame my ex since he was supposed to be watching her, and myself for being with the ex in the first place [hindsight]).
She was a good 40, 45 lbs or so. Perfect size.

She'd always look at me ugly like in these next two. I never knew why.

She also LOVED swimming, even though she was terrible at it with her little legs.

She was also one of the last dogs that my Ridgeback actually liked before she became dog-aggressive. :(

Foxi was another rescue. We thought she was a Basenji mix, based on her personality and the lack of a bark but the wide range of mysterious, terrible sounds she'd make. Who knows, she was pretty cute though. When the ex left me he took both Fox and Apple (next) and his new gf let Fox offleash and she was hit by a car :downs: They had the audacity to lie to me about it so I spent many hours wasting my time looking for her in shelters and posting lost ads when really, she was never missing at all. Ugh.

She totally had bat ears.

She also roached a lot.

This was the last time I got to see her after my ex took the dogs. I got to take them out to the lake and took some nice photos of them. Sigh. I never took enough photos of her.

We found Apple right after we got Foxi. After she grew up some, we believed she might be a Great Dane/Pit mix. There certainly are tons of stray pits around here, and a massive amount of Danes in rescue so it wouldn't surprise me if one made a pairing. Apple has the Dane body and the pit blockhead, with the long ears and lips of a Dane too - she's the best. My ex still has her (his gf posts photos of her all over her facebook and myspace, and I'm a loser who stalks them to keep an eye out on my dog's wellbeing) and she looks okay, I guess. She looks so old though, even though she's only four this year.
When we first found her, she was flea infested and really sick. She was miserable.

She was so thin, too, even after a couple of weeks with us :(

But she was SO HAPPPY

These next two pictures were taken about two and a half to three weeks apart. Look at her massive growth! She grew like crazy - which probably didn't help much for that good ol' hip dysplasia she had goin' on.

"I love dirt!"

She and Foxi were best buds.

And when I got Beetle, Apple became the mother he was ripped from too early. She loved him so very much when he was tiny.

Foxi also liked Beetle, and they all got along fairly well.

Just the girls, all fully grown back in the day.

That's all my mutts! I'll have more someday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I'm a creepy furry who feels entitled to other people's babies, but only if they are white. Yiff!

Jixamn posted:

Do you, by any chance, have any puppy pictures of Foxi cause i'm sure they would've looked incrediblye similar and i'd love to see Machete as a puppy!

That pic I left in was Fox at about 4-5 months or something. Not older than 6. That's the first day we had her so that's all I've got! The bottommost photo of her in the lake is fully grown.

I love little pointy-eared red dogs :3: Maybe I'll adopt another one someday.