Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wrestling is truly the king of sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

is this a preview of bray wyatts next gimmick

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly i could see the video existing but it could also just be a thing jericho made up as an excuse to poo poo on poor people because wow his books have a lot of random hatred for poor midwestern people

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

honestly i could see the video existing but it could also just be a thing jericho made up as an excuse to poo poo on poor people because wow his books have a lot of random hatred for poor midwestern people

The thing is, the story of the video existing was around before his book came out. He could have talked about it beforehand, though?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

He could have taken that existing story or video and inserted it into his book.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I remember Cornette saying he saw a video where people had a picture of Jesus and the Rockers side by side on a wall which mirrors what Jericho said but I don’t know if he ever answered a question about it directly which is interesting. I would’ve figured that would have popped up on the podcast at some point

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Strange Kentucky People is real, but there used to be a good bit of skepticism until reliably honest people like Storm and Cornette (like Wade and Bruce said recently, whatever you think of Cornette, he is far from dishonest) started talking about having seen it.

See, the thing about it being a tape trader favorite was not true. None of the traders around in that era had ever seen the video or seen it on tape lists. Whether Jericho made that part up or was just misinformed—especially since it does seem like it was legit passed around the SMW locker room and to Rick Rubin, who may have shown it off himself—who knows. But since Jericho takes credit for shooting the Dairy Queen video (it was Ron Hed or J.R. Benson; I always forget which) nearby in the SMW section and that's total bullshit, it became a lot easier to question the whole Strange Kentucky people story.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

davidbix posted:

Strange Kentucky People is real, but there used to be a good bit of skepticism until reliably honest people like Storm and Cornette (like Wade and Bruce said recently, whatever you think of Cornette, he is far from dishonest) started talking about having seen it.

See, the thing about it being a tape trader favorite was not true. None of the traders around in that era had ever seen the video or seen it on tape lists. Whether Jericho made that part up or was just misinformed—especially since it does seem like it was legit passed around the SMW locker room and to Rick Rubin, who may have shown it off himself—who knows. But since Jericho takes credit for shooting the Dairy Queen video (it was Ron Hed or J.R. Benson; I always forget which) nearby in the SMW section and that's total bullshit, it became a lot easier to question the whole Strange Kentucky people story.

do you have a copy that i can see

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Arbite posted:

What's a good PPV intro or video package that shows a face have bad things happen to them repeatedly and then they just snap?

Mania X package hyping Bret vs. Owen

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Arbite posted:

What's a good PPV intro or video package that shows a face have bad things happen to them repeatedly and then they just snap?

Shawn Michaels: Running Up That Hill.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Can someone post that best of the super juniors thing where they put the blocks as mega man characters? I'd ask in the NJPW thread but I don't want to see match results since I'm a few days behind.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Here it is:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: Beaten harder than a Young Lion in the opener

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Go BUTT MAN

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Awesome thanks :)

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I still love that Hiromu decided Ospreay was a cat like two years ago, Ospreay played into the tiniest bit with a little bit of face paint and now he is stuck forever as Cat Man

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Drew McIntyre posted:

do you have a copy that i can see
No. :(

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

well bix, you are an odd fellow, but i must say you steam a good ham.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BIX! BIX! Dave Meltzer's office is on fire! :gonk:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

BIX! BIX! Dave Meltzer's office is on fire! :gonk:

No, Mother, it’s just some strange Kentucky people.

e: vv GODDAMNIT

Venomous fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 18, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I also would have accepted that it was just a Northern Lights Suplex :)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
where should i start watching if i want to watch bret's rise from midcarder to main event champ?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seams posted:

where should i start watching if i want to watch bret's rise from midcarder to main event champ?
just PPVs? Start at Summerslam 91

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
His Summerslam 92 bout with Bulldog is essential viewing.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jerusalem posted:

I also would have accepted that it was just a Northern Lights Suplex :)

A Northern Lights Suplex!?

On this card, at this point in the match, with no amount of bridging, located entirely within Dave's Office!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 18, 2019

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

jesus WEP posted:

just PPVs? Start at Summerslam 91

thanks!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Shawn Michaels: Running Up That Hill.

Perfect. Thank you very much.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
this is a long shot but blue meanie tells a story on a shoot about a buddy of his who had a gimmick of carrying a bat to the ring. He went to work in Puerto Rico as a heel and got attacked by a fan, killed him with the bat and Carlos snuck him out of the country

Does anyone know who that could have been? I just find it funny that Meanie casually rats on the guy for slugging a mark in the head with a baseball bat

e: also the answer to the best wrestler rapper question last page is absolutely john cena and it isn't even close. Bad, Bad Man still slaps in 2019

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 18, 2019

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

May I see it?

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

LividLiquid posted:

May I see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTkglrXAn0I

Manwall!
Dec 27, 2004
Manwall es victorioso!
I guess now is as good a time as any to share this.

https://youtu.be/o0f73ww5ehE

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Wasn't there an episode of Smackdown, long time ago, where the Shield had to fight the entire heel roster as the main event? So they spent the entire episode beating up guys backstage to even the odds?

I could have sworn this happened but I can't figure out which episode it was.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Vandar posted:

Wasn't there an episode of Smackdown, long time ago, where the Shield had to fight the entire heel roster as the main event? So they spent the entire episode beating up guys backstage to even the odds?

I could have sworn this happened but I can't figure out which episode it was.

April 25, 2014, Smackdown. I think that's the one you're thinking of.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
when was the last time WWE did a test of strength spot?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Low Desert Punk posted:

when was the last time WWE did a test of strength spot?

every time they test the audience's strength to actually stay tuned in to RAW

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Manwall! posted:

This is loving incredible

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manwall! posted:

jesus

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Manwall! posted:

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Manwall! posted:

Owns