Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

What are some great non-standard ways of getting into the ring? I'm a big fan of Alexa Bliss's twisty entrance and Colin Delaney's where he slides in feet first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Nigel's weird rear end stripper move. What a guy

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Chavo would somersault in over the bottom rope and deans headstand on the turnbuckle was cool

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Aleister Black rolling into the lotus position.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sin Cara and his little trampoline.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Both of Batista's entrances at WrestleMania this year.

They probably don't count but I don't care.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Edge when he used to slide under the bottom rope and crawl around like a lizard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0L-G6RLT9k&t=19s

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jake Roberts slithering in under the ropes immediately let you know what his character was all about, which ruled. I also really liked Regal wiping his feet before getting into the ring.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The opposite sort of thing but Christian always doing a full over the top rope jump to the outside just to slap the guy in the 619 position always made me think he was going to gently caress his leg up one of these days on a dumb slap spot.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So, as I'm piled into the backseat for tge drive home from the Super J Cup, I'm curious. What would I want to look at to see some more serious Liger matches, where he really goes at it hard?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

The opposite sort of thing but Christian always doing a full over the top rope jump to the outside just to slap the guy in the 619 position always made me think he was going to gently caress his leg up one of these days on a dumb slap spot.

Christian either has an infallible way to land on his feet or completely indestructible legs because he’s also the dude who would take all those insane leg/hip first falls to the outside in ladder and TLC matches

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

ShootaBoy posted:

So, as I'm piled into the backseat for tge drive home from the Super J Cup, I'm curious. What would I want to look at to see some more serious Liger matches, where he really goes at it hard?

Him vs Hiromu from 2 BOSJs ago was pretty sick if I remember right.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

SG Bamboo posted:

What are some great non-standard ways of getting into the ring? I'm a big fan of Alexa Bliss's twisty entrance and Colin Delaney's where he slides in feet first.

I always enjoyed Super Crazy's entrance: slide into the ring, then pop up onto his head then up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqZH5jQTmYE

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

My favourite way of getting into the ring was from this years Triplemania where Aerostar descended from the ceiling and then just did a crossbody onto a bunch of people. Aerostar's need to jump off everything rivals Kota Ibushi.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

Vs Sano
Vs Ohtani
Vs Benoit
Vs Great Sasuke
Vs El Samurai
Vs Pillman
Vs Ultimo Dragon
Vs Kanemoto

Basically the first twenty years of his career is Liger going hard.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why did they keep giving Yokozuna more managers during his World title run? He already had Fuji, then Wippleman showed up with the exploding camera, and by Summerslam '93 they'd given him Cornette as well.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

One manager per 200 pounds.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Who is the sexiest wrestleman and why is it Tetsuya Naito?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

big black turnout posted:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The sexiest wrestler does not have hair that looks that bad. The sexiest wrestler knows how to use conditioner.

It's SANADA. Though I think Kzy gets an honourable mention.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what the heck does "breathe with the switchblade" really mean, it sounds odd as gently caress whenever I hear Jay White say it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sexxxy Eddy.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

DLC Inc posted:

what the heck does "breathe with the switchblade" really mean, it sounds odd as gently caress whenever I hear Jay White say it.

his switchblade has a tube in it that he can use to breathe underwater, like a snorkel

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why did they keep giving Yokozuna more managers during his World title run? He already had Fuji, then Wippleman showed up with the exploding camera, and by Summerslam '93 they'd given him Cornette as well.

Harvey wasn't his manager and Fuji's interview skills were limited.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

DLC Inc posted:

Jay white has a choking fetish

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

I am 90% sure he misheard Gedo saying 'bleed with the switchblade' because Gedo does have a noticeable Japanese accent when speaking English. Then he said it in the promos and the New Japan office shrugged, went "sounds cool" because they don't loving care if it makes sense in English, and started making merch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he's "Switchblade" Jay White, when you follow him, you are so lock step that even your breathing matches his.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Whatever happened to Isis the Amazon/Aloisa? She was hired by WWE for OG NXT in 2010 but was replaced after her adult photos were discovered or leaked. What did she do after leaving WWE? Return to wrestling or find work in a less lovely industry?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

Like all good wrestling catchphrases it means nothing, just sounds good.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Whatever happened to Isis the Amazon/Aloisa? She was hired by WWE for OG NXT in 2010 but was replaced after her adult photos were discovered or leaked. What did she do after leaving WWE? Return to wrestling or find work in a less lovely industry?

I think she wrestled for some tiny indie or two and went back to acting, no idea if that panned out for her.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

I am 90% sure he misheard Gedo saying 'bleed with the switchblade' because Gedo does have a noticeable Japanese accent when speaking English. Then he said it in the promos and the New Japan office shrugged, went "sounds cool" because they don't loving care if it makes sense in English, and started making merch.

This is now my head cannon.

I assumed it had something to do with like, getting your trachea cut open with a switchblade and having the air go in and out of that but this explanation is much better and less gross.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
What's the worst wrestling gimmick you've ever seen?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

What's the worst wrestling gimmick you've ever seen?

The Gymini. They were Simon Dean’s short lived sidekicks and they accomplished nothing. Imagine having a gimmick that’s a downgrade from giant penises.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Outside actually offensive stuff: The Dicks were just a desperately sad attempt to get a few cheap laughs while killing their career.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Fuji was always a horrible manager and could never cut promos. It was just hidden before cause he managed lower card talent. But for your heel world champion you do actually need promos so that's why they cycled in guys till the got Cornette who could actually cut an amazing promo

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
In terms of talent to gimmick ratio, Mike Awesome as The Fat Chick Thriller is pretty egregious

This lead me to the Mike Awesome Wikipedia page and what the gently caress is going on in this sentence? I’m dying

Wikipedia posted:

At the conclusion of the match, Mike Awesome-Bombed Shaggy 2 Dope onto the roof of the bus. However, the slippery metal surface gave yield to Dope’s lithe, supple frame and he fell tragically to the concrete below.

ahahahahahaha

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 27, 2019

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blast Fantasto posted:

In terms of talent to gimmick ratio, Mike Awesome as The Fat Chick Thriller is pretty egregious

This lead me to the Mike Awesome Wikipedia page and what the gently caress is going on in this sentence? I’m dying

ahahahahahaha

:hmmyes:

but seriously, that was :randstare: to see, it looked like he was dead, and Mike broke character to try to catch him

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I have that memory so clearly stored in my brain and I don't understand why.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ganso Bomb posted:

I have that memory so clearly stored in my brain and I don't understand why.
Because it happened in literal slow motion and nobody could do anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Question 1: has there been an announcer in the past 20 years who is as bad as Corey Graves?

Question 2: I've only just bothered to watch it because it was highly praised, but did anybody enjoy this Lesnar/Rollins match? I feel Finn and Brock had this same match at the Royal Rumble which was much better.