Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

TL posted:

How old is Tyler Fullington now? Like 20?

If the original ECW was still around with Paul E in charge, I'd LOVE to see a Raven-Tyler Fullington feud. But Paul E is the only person I'd want to see booking it.

Sandman would be the mentor to his kid, then halfway through the angle turn on him and join Raven (because they were around back in the day, and there's no bond like a wrestling bond) using all the tricks he never told his son.

Then in the blow off Tyler is putting up a good showing but getting cut off at the pass every time. Sandman, his heart touched by his son's desire to follow in his footsteps, gives his son rousing encouragement to help him counter the Evenflow DDT into a pinfall.

It's so predictable, but with Paul E. at the helm it would loving work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Axissillian posted:

Did you just call a feud you totally crafted by yourself without any basis in reality "predictable Paul E."

It follows his style of booking?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

I believe that also happened on an overseas house show, which caused the Womens' Title to switch hands twice in that tour.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Sugar Blaster posted:

he'd hit someone with his forearm and then look confused like he hadn't mentally put together the concept of PIECE OF METAL + SOME CHUMP'S SKULL = WIN.

This sounds like an awesome gimmick and I'm sad that it's imaginary/only lasted 2 weeks.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Is there a reason I shouldn't buy this mask?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Bearnt! posted:

Which WWF/E Superstars have made their debuts on PPV? Me and a friend came up with a few and were wondering if we missed any.

Undertaker - Survivor Series 1990
Goldust - In your House 4
Kane - Badd Blood 1997
Big Show - St. Valentines Day Massacre
Tazz - Royal Rumble 2000

I was completely out of the loop from 01-04 so I'm sure there's quite a bit more. Thanks!

Do you mean a wrestling debut or a run-in/promo debut?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Shitty_Wok posted:

This was the funniest squash match ever: thrown into turnbuckle, avalanche, bodyslam, pin.

I know Rey Mysterio did the same thing to JBL at WM25, what other ridiculously pointless <1 minute matches have there been in big PPV's?

Also :lol: at the first match of WM1 ending in submission to a figure 4.

Orlando Jordan lost the U.S. title to Chris Benoit at SummerSlam 2005 in thirty seconds.

In that amount of time, Chris could have:

-made a cup of coffee,

-used the bathroom and washed his hands,

-put the dogs in the enclosed pool area...

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Shitty_Wok posted:

It's ironic that Akeem's finisher was the 747 and his tag team was the Twin Towers. Surprised that didn't get retroactively censored.

The planes that hit the World Trade Center were Boeing 767s.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Sionistic posted:

I still think that could of been a great opportunity to give matt a new finisher. Full Effect.

I'd call it the Desired Effect.

But Matt would call it the Angelic Diablo Heavenly Hell Effect

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WeaselWeaz posted:

Is there a difference between Matt fans and Jeff fans? I'd think the Matt fans must be bigger messes.

Some have Mattitude, and some are Jeffing Retarded.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

No one else sees the potential in a Danielson/Cena rematch seven years later?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That's Orlando Colon and Incognito.

The best Colon and the weak link in every Lucha match, YAY!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

CombineThresher posted:

Or Impacted, for that matter.

He can't touch Spastic, though.

That guy is insane.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Fucken_Gieux posted:

Gradunza. It's a Cat in the Hat reference. The joke was that, despite it's very specific descriptors, it was an object that had no discernible shape to it, and yet those poor kids were for some reason compelled to look for it.

And all this time it was just a sideways fisherman suplex. Doctor Seuss would have made a great booker.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Hinoarashi posted:

Was it ever revealed why NXT Ring Announcer turned NXT3 Rookie, Jamie Keyes, got eliminated and future endeavored so quickly?

She had to go into the past to find John Connor.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Sugar Blaster posted:

This is my go-to introductory clip for anyone interested in the insanity that is CHIKARA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P9qgbT1YwY

Oh my god, Player Uno was so thin!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

cucka posted:

"boo boo boo, you're haunted"

Get the gently caress off your computer and take the next bus to Stamford.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

MrBling posted:

Fess up, which one of yous did this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Alvarez ?

Does someone actually love Brent or is the whole thing fake?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

MrBling posted:

They don't know what the hell that person is going to do, so they pretty much just go for the headlock or other easy takedown to make sure nothing happens.

Most of these people can't even work a fake headlock properly. You expect them to know all about a real one?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Macho Man saved and invested very well.

Bonesaw on the other hand... :smith:

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

I don't get mad at anyone for trying to start a chant, I do hate when someone continues their own chant and you can hear the desperation in their voice.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Rusty Shackelford posted:

It started when UFC started getting big and the tap out was used to submit. Like the others have said, late 90s era and Shamrock I think helped bring it over.

Taz always lied and said that he alone was the cause, because the Tazmission was so effective you couldn't even speak.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Lamuella posted:

in basically any entertainment situation, corpsing is laughing when you shouldn't.

Edit: Beaten like Batista by Booker T.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

He had a better shooting star press than Kidman.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

It hides chicken legs mostly. A lot of indy guys took to wearing puffy gear because they thought it made them look bigger.

At least when they put on baggy pants they fit baggy, not regular. There's no baggy pants option when you do your Matt Classic approved 2,000 squats a day :smith:.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Matlock posted:

too bad muta still went over

Tell me about it. If Muta got the poo poo kicked out of him for a few minutes and pinned without any offense, it would have been even more of an "Oh poo poo, everything's changed" moment in wrestling.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

MrBling posted:

He also gets bonus points for calling (one of) his finisher(s) The Blu-Ray because it is better than the Death Valley Driver (DVD).

He's so committed to making people hate him that he uses the pedigree.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

YOU'RE GONNA GET YOUR THAT YOUNG KNOCK OUT KID!
*clapclap clapclap clapclapclap clapclap*

Seems easy enough and makes perfect sense.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

The rumor mill says he was once a professional pitcher for a Baseball team, but had to retire because he had hurt his arm. We had pictures of the guy we thought was him, but at the time I hadn't uncovered the maskless UMB picture. I don't quite remember if it was the same person or not.

Regardless, UMB's secret is pretty safe. He's one of the very few guys that people love for the character. He is very handsome, though.

I believe I've seen the same one. It was a bunch of wrestlers with no masks, and figuring it out could be a bit of a chore but Mantis is definitely the cute one (after Bryce of course).

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Moose Bigelow posted:

"Stone Cold Steve Austin, I couldn't help but notice on my way to the ring that you were giving me the swear finger"

"Stone Cold Steve Austin, I dare you to stop drinking to excess. Shawn Michaels, I dare you to stop murdering helpless animals. Sin Cara, I dare you... to stop being a Mexican."

Bring him to Texas to cut that promo and he'll be the most over heel ever.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/talent.html

Go to this website, pick someone's face you've never seen before, and guess what their body looks like.

Nick Rogers will blow your minds.

Edit: And Calvin Raines got a case of the tiny-heads!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Minitrue posted:

the dude with the mask was so lost I almost felt sorry for him. Then I remembered he was Australian.

I loved how his one spot is to get in the ring and make his body language say "hey, look at me. I'm tall." And that's it.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Lamuella posted:

hmm... I'd argue that Inoki versus The Great Antonio is worse, although it does include on the the greatest asskickings seen in the sport:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lXAGZtMxU8

I have a wrestling question, why aren't all referees exactly like this referee?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Which is a better name for the team of Zack Ryder and Shamus; Z-True Long Ireland Stories or Are You Serious, Brogue!?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

apsouthern posted:

I think you'll find he liked to be called Grimey

Vince should end every promo with "Now I'm going to my mansion to eat lobster!"

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Hirams Bitch posted:

In-story, there was a time where if McMahon said something would happen and then guaranteed it, it would always happen (although not always in the way it was foreshadowed). So if he guaranteed Austin would not leave the next PPV with the title, Austin would not leave the next PPV with the title. He did it a couple times and then everyone caught on and it was pretty cool.

This sounds like an awesome way to swerve the smarks. For instance, "I guarantee Stone Cold won't leave the next pay per view with the championship." And then someone steals the belt after the match.

Then "I guarantee Stone Cold will be in an unfortunate and debilitating accident by the night's end." And then they do that Charlie Chaplin thing where the front of a fake house or interview segment set falls on him and Austin is standing where an open window happens to be. But someone is hit by a real piece of it, like Coach or John Matthews.

And then when people catch on. "At Wrestlemania, Stone Cold Steve Austin will be pinned by The Rock, 1, 2, 3." Then Stone Cold loses clean via pinfall in ten minutes.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

I remember they had a blurb about King of Trios on loving WWE.com. poo poo was Cray-J.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Web Jew.0 posted:

This is the version I read as well.

Also the next night on Raw HBK said that Hogan was too nimble and catlike but he's on his way back to Florida until the fans can give him what he wants lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpdxMi0AocQ

This promo has always been one of my favorites because you can see how much fun Shawn and Masters are having.

"Oooooh, it hurts because it's true!"

Plus, Shawn takes a bump for punch number one.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Onmi posted:

"Well I'm hiring you again"
"What?"

Vince McMahon would give someone a contract simply to prove he wasn't wrong.

This literally happened.

Shawn Michaels was terrified of doing the Spirit Squad's five man catapult straight up and then down through a table, so they had Jimmy Yang, who is about Shawn's size, do the spot while Shawn watched.

That's how he got his job back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Yeah Bret brags all over the place that he never intentionally injured anyone. Then there is a two-page segment where he details kicking the poo poo out of Jerry Lawler because Lawler stiffed him with a cane weeks earlier. Then there's all the times that people got incidentally injured in Bret's matches, which doesn't really count against Bret, but going by Bret's criteria, there are very few people who have injured others in wrestling.

How is that a brag? I would brag if I had never un-intentionally injured a person. Keep up some bad dude cred but still a very safe guy to work with.