Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Will there be a Nitro tomorrow instead of the TNA ppv?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

grody but still def posted:

how DID the nwo die in wcw?

The third one ended when Russo came back, and rebooted the company.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Speaking of Edge has there been any updates to his condition? Has he begun rehab yet?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

was Shane Douglas ever really considered a good wrestler?

In his eyes he is the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be. Right now he is just considered an okay Target manager.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 5, 2009

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

GOP posted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8puo_hulk-hogan-sleeper-on-richard-belze

What's the deal with this incident? Why the gently caress did Hulk Hogan and Mr. T assault Richard Belzer? Anyone know the story behind the clear animosity between Belzer and The Big Orange Goblin?

Jesus, these people are idiots.

Well according to Wikipedia

On March 27, 1985, just days prior to the inaugural WrestleMania, Belzer requested on his cable TV talk show Hot Properties that Hulk Hogan demonstrate one of his signature wrestling moves. Hogan put Belzer in a Guillotine choke, which caused Belzer to pass out. When Hogan released him, Belzer hit his head on the floor, sustaining a laceration to the scalp that required a brief hospitalization.

Initially lying unconscious and bleeding, Belzer suddenly sprang to his feet just in time to make the necessary announcements leading to the commercial break. Recalling the incident on Late Night with David Letterman, Belzer explained that it was "show business in his blood" willing him back to his feet to protect the integrity of the show.

Belzer sued Hogan for $5 million and later settled out of court; the settlement was rumored at $1.5 million. On October 20, 2006, on Bubba the Love Sponge, it was claimed (with Hogan in the studio) that the settlement totaled $5 million, half from Hogan and half from Vince McMahon. During his June 23, 2008 appearance on Sirius Satellite Radio's The Howard Stern Show, Belzer suggested that the real settlement amount was actually closer to $400,000.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

Jake "The Snake" Roberts def Jerry "The King" Lawler (Roberts came to the ring and tricked Lawler by faking being drunk

I wonder how much he was actually faking it? Or was he not drunk and just high on crack?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Painkillers, probably cocaine, and on top of all that he was doing shitloads of HGH and roids.

Well he was bizarre

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Well the Undertaker did need Chuck Norris's protection at a Survivor Series.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Minidust posted:

Has anyone injured their way out of as many pushes as Ahmed Johnson? I was just recalling a bunch of big matches that got canceled and it's pretty crazy. He was supposed to fight HBK at some point, a Raw in '96 I believe, but he got injured and the match was canceled. He was supposed to fight Undertaker when he turned heel, but he got injured (this pretty much messed up his whole heel turn and killed a lot of his heat). I think he was gonna fight Austin at some point too. There were other injuries on top of that and I think he was even in a car wreck at some point.

Sure he was pretty bad in the ring but I really marked out for him as a kid. Without the injuries I think he could have been at least as big as Batista.

Didn't he also have a bad habit of injuring people and stealing T's?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Everything I've heard indicates that, like Ric Flair, if you're not a wrestler yourself then he gets offended if you walk up to him and start dropping "insider terms" like you're a wrestler yourself.

Also Arn Anderson will never break kayfabe, even if its for a documentary its still real.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This one is probably pretty easy. I'm pretty sure Hogan helped Big Show break into the business.

Ya that is what I heard too, that Hogan saw him working out and told him he could be a wrestler. Also a serious question - ask him what it was like acting in the holiday classic Jingle all the way

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I have another question, Big Show why did WCW let you go out to the ring and smoke during promos? Did any of the road agents tell you that it was a bad idea or was it completely insane and no one cared?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Giant finished off Disco Inferno before he finished his cigarette. It was worth it.

So the answer is just what I expected? It was WCW

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Von Dozier posted:

So does anyone go to Wrestlecrap.com anymore? God that site got awful.

Didn't R.D. Reyolds stop watching wrestling and stop really caring about it? Also the forums are awful.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Burrito posted:

Because he's awesome in the ring and can teach all kinds of things to the younger generation including how to pretend to be gay.

I am sure its also a favor to his father who is booking FCW

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bearnt! posted:

I read this really fast and saw it as Jeff Hardy and immediately wanted to see it.

For content did Tim White ever successfully kill himself? What happened with that, I'm assuming it was just completely dropped and never spoken of again.

Well I am sure he rides a certain horse, an we have all seen the effects of that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CombineThresher posted:

Vince didn't like his ring work and didn't think he was big enough to be a WWE wrestler, but thought he had good ideas and was grooming him to be part of the creative team. Raven left because he wanted to actually wrestle.

Did he also get Shane high and that lead to when Raven returned to WWE Vince screaming Who the gently caress hired Raven?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lamuella posted:

he was a member of the Finnish parliament, no less.

and he killed himself but he was a racist gently caress.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Eugene Jerome posted:

In 2007 he was in ring-shape and had some matches for WWC in Puerto Rico against Carlito and his brother

It seems that when he is sober he is passable, but once he starts up again it goes down fast.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

hahaha vic grimes shaky camera owns. i've been rewatching the show this week and it's still shocking how grimes moves so well for his size.

Unless he is with New Jack

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Orgophlax posted:

That's a good question. What are some of the weirdest tag partners? Bossman and Akeem was pretty out there when you think about it.

Head Cheese. It was a ridiculous idea pairing Steve Blackman and Al Snow together, but it worked. Also in the same boat Goldust and Booker T. The two do not seem like they would make a good team but they did.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DMPunk posted:

Not Tommy Dreamer I bet.

Or Matt Hardy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Burrito posted:

The best animal was Sid's squirrel.

Why is Sid the most enjoyable for his antics but not his wrestling? Is it because he only has half a brain?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Hulk Hogan threw The Giant off a building.

Ya but he was okay to wrestle 20 minutes later

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Scott Steiner

He also had the greatest build up to this match. Man those matches with Triple H were something else.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I was thinking more about his WWE debut at Survivor Series 2002(?).

I completely forgot about that. I was thinking of his first match at the Royal Rumble and how great that was and how t was built up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Which was the worst PPV main event team? These are my nominees:

Yokozuna, Ludvig Borga, Crush & Jacques Rougeau at Survivor Series 1993

Steve Austin, the Legion of Doom, Ken Shamrock & Goldust at IYH: Canadian Stampede

Triple H, Savio Vega & the New Age Outlaws at IYH: No Way Out of Texas

John Cena, Edge, Chris Jericho, Bret Hart, John Morrison, R-Truth & the Great Khali at SummerSlam 2010

Do you mean match wise or talent wise? Since the Canadian Stampede match is awesome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I meant more of a combination of storyline logic and talent wise.

The match at Canadian Stampede may be awesome, but Austin, LOD, Shamrock & Goldust had nothing in common before that match.

Didn't they all have a problem with the Hart Foundation? I know Austin was feuding with Owen, Pillman was feuding with Goldust, Shamrock with the British Bulldog, and LOD with the Hart Foundation.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

The most famous is Hogan's claim that he was expecting to lose at Wrestlemania 3 and then Andre said,"Pin me, brudda, I pass the torch to you to lead wrestling into the future!" and Hogan's tears of joy were real as he celebrated in the ring afterwards :laugh:

He also died three days later.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

All this Hogan Andre talk reminds me of the story about when Hogan just started and was Andre's beer fetcher. He would toss the empties at Hogan and Hogan would have to keep track so he could get more when needed. Andre is truly the best.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

I remember when Flair came to ROH you had to purchase the autograph aaand the item you wanted him to autograph though. It was weird.

His wives and son's legal fee needed money

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'm sure this has probably been asked before - but are there cameras present at the house shows (WWE production cameras) and are they filmed? I'd imagine if there were that they'd have a huge backlog of silly poo poo by now that would make a great DVD similar to the bloopers videos that were released in the past.

I went to a live show years and years ago when I was in high school but it was a taping for Raw and I've never been to a house show.

Ya on the Edge DVD they have footage of him winning his first IC title which was at a house show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

He also caused the most controversy during the attitude era with the sacrifice.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Jeff Hardy's alter ego (Internet only... FOR NOW!).

He ate a pine cone once. A real life pine cone. Actually, he may have just been plain old Jeff Hardy then.

Is he also the drug dealer? Is that going to be his defense, that he is two people and is unaware what the other one is doing?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

While we're on the topic. What was the deal with Lanny and WCW? It seems almost like a waste of a career.

They hired him due to his brother. His brother just bought the Gorgeous George gimmick and told him he could use it. Lanny got ready by getting into shape and dying his hair. However, WCW never called him and refused to answer his phone calls. All the while Lanny got paid. It seems like its just WCW being WCW.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lone Rogue posted:

You have no idea how loving excited I was when I read on ECWrestling.com that Scott Hall showed up on ECW. I thought he was coming in and everything and it was all a let down :(

Wasn't he treated like poo poo back stage due to his behavior in WCW or am I thinking of someone else? I also think they should have an intervention with Scott Hall, Jake the Snake and Chyna. Think of the hilarity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Matlock posted:

Because they can't keep up with him, or because his expectations are insanely high?

I think it is both. Does he ever sleep

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

rotinaj posted:

No joke, rumor has it Vince doesn't sleep for more than 30 minutes straight at a time.

Ya that what I thought I heard. He really is a workaholic and surprised that he has been keeping this pace for more then 30 years.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

When was Konnan in WWE?

Seriously, though. The dude does nothing but work. It's amazing he has time to do eat. So many wrestlers have stories about how you really couldn't say no to anything since Vince was not only working harder than anybody but would piss himself on national tv for the product.

He was Max Moon. I have a question about the next generation. Does Stephine work as hard as Vince? I am sure that Triple H is close, but what about Vince's kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I recently watched one of the Benoit feud matches (the one where they go in the bathroom).

It strikes me that Benoit was doing almost all the work. Benoit took the majority of the bumps, some of which were ridiculous (falling down the stairs toward the ring), and whenever Benoit got any offense in, Sullivan would sell absolutely nothing. Benoit would land a chop or something and Sullivan would just ignore it.

The match ends with a superplex spot in the ring, Benoit gets 3, then Arn Anderson comes in, teases turning on Benoit, and then Sullivan gets a group beatdown.

Basically Benoit was "put over" but didn't really look that good, and Sullivan, a guy who was pushing 50, looked ridiculous, and would retire about the same year, looked almost unstoppable. Essentially, typical WCW bullshit.
Do not forget the worst part of the feud. It was due to Sullivan's booking that Women fell in love with Benoit. It does not surprise me that Sullivan tried to make him look bad as there was serious bad blood between them. This is one of the reasons why he left WCW as Sullivan was getting the book back.