Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
He's got great psychology. Jericho/HBK is one of my favorite matches of all time.

He's been around for a long time; I don't mind him being a medium-flyer. He's still doing all those dropkicks (and the whip-to-ropes into running bulldog, which I swear I never saw anywhere before 2009 but really often now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
Sable. She sued Mr. McMahon for harassment and came back to the fed as his mistress. That also counts as the worst lawyer in wrestling.

Question: Say Big Show enters a big feud or falls off a cliff or something. Who would you team with Jericho for a long term, heel dominant run? Who would you choose to beat them, and how far out would you put it?

Personally, I think Jericho/Regal would be an amazing tag team. They've both proven they're brilliant on the mic, they're seasoned submission wrestlers, and they're both arrogant pricks. I'd give'em six months with it and maybe drop it to Miz/Morrison in a TLC or other huge-term PPV event.

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 8, 2009

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Bradzilla: Ultimate killjoy.

He had two physical belts.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
The weird thing about RD Reynold's book is that it never mentions the creation of the WolfPack. Not once does it mention the anti-NWO that still had Kevin Nash running it, and such great lyrics as "Don't turn your back on the wolfpack (36x)".

Also, it could've gone into some of the terrible angles a little more, but I guess he expected people to buy his other books (Wrestlecrap! and Book of Lists). But not mentioning the Wolfpack was odd.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Oddities feuded with The Bushwhackers over and over. It was really lame because there were 4 or 5 Oddities, two bushwhackers, and the Bushwackers always lost. It was frankly boring as hell.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Yeah, I confused the two tag teams. But the matches WERE boring.

"Real men wear pants you idiot!" - One of the 13 things the crowd yells in WWF: Attitude (or maybe the game that came before it). I know two of the mocap guys, because one of them lost to CM Punk at Summerslam and the other one just came back to Smackdown.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

jeffersonlives posted:

Most of the MITB cash-ins have been on TV and Punk the first time definitely wasn't an injury thing, it was part of the draft title shenanigans. The aforementioned Jericho/Batista match, obviously. Edge won the WWE title on RAW from RVD in 2006 which wasn't an injury or contract dispute. :420:

Changing World titles on television is generally a terrible idea and was one of the things that led to the demise of WCW, by the way.

No, changing the world title 23 times in a YEAR was. In 2001, I think, the WCW title changed hands 2 times less than the NWA title did over a period of thirty years.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
I honestly cannot see why ANYONE liked Lex Luger. The torture rack was a good move, but I didn't see him do anything in the ring that was original and couldn't be done by anyone else with some amount of strength. No charisma.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
I think the Wolfpack was the good-guy rebels against the evil NWO Black and White. WCW had been booked into looking incompetent thanks to repeated PPV losses (especially at NWO souled out, which did its best to make them look like jagoffs).

Also, Lex was from the World Bodybuilding Federation, which explains why Vince pushed him so hard. He was "The Narcissist" but atleast he wasn't on roids, which was an absolutely huge scandal at the time.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Eh, Bret Hart's book says that Lex wasn't on steroids, and Bret doesn't really pull punches on who's on 'roids at the time (he did them very briefly).

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
They mention them in the LIVE MONDAY NITE CHATS. Where Katie Lea gets most of her heel heat, judging by her TV time

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Was Papa Shango really recast as the Godfather? I know it's true but I certainly don't believe it

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Like The Warrior, he was green & stiff. But unlike the warrior, his pyro was ONLY before his matches, not during Hulk Hogan's.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

BUTTHOLE MAGICIAN posted:

i think the harness was just not that safe and it was an accident
It's not like it was a smart gimmick at the time. Owen became the Blue Blazer again because he didn't feel like having a spousal abuse/penis chopping storyline like everyone else in the midcard in 1999. He died doing a Vince Russo angle. I don't think there's a sadder way of dying.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
"I was holding a steel chair, and he had a fly on his back."

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Swagger's plenty talented, but it's impossible to get over as lisping without being labeled, at some level, as a homosexual. And I don't like it particularly when gay=heel. Actually, I don't think pro wrestling is really able to deal with homosexuality at any level beyond mockable stereotype (Billy and Chuck was less than a half decade ago).

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Putting it back on Rey after WCW was one of the best ideas of the InVASION, which isn't really a compliment to the inVasion

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Maybe the Headbangers were shooting, and they New Age Outlaws didn't know the boombox was fake.

THAT would be Russoriffic

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
I loved attitude because I would create a 400 pound, blue skinned female luchador. Whose moves were entirely finishers (which could be normal grapple moves), and a HILARIOUS looking Hurricanrana.

The fact you could change lighting in venues and create your own PPVs, and the sheer # of different match types, overcame the fact it was kind of sluggish.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Near-death WCW was DEFINED by poo poo like that. You have 15 luchadors, and you have a fat man and a woman fight over the cruiserweight title.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
What defines a Television Title as being different from, say, a US or intercontinental title?

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Vickie's an AMAZING heel actress. Although she's already someone wrestling fans dislike (a fat, maternal figure with an unpleasant voice and plenty of power), she gets a bigger negative reaction standing around than most people do for running over John Cena.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Bret isn't still mad about the screwjob thing; he went to the Hall of Fame induction.

Probably sad that he's had a stroke and his brother died in a Russo Spot.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
He's the main antagonist in Edge's Road to Wrestlemania, so atleast he has that going for him :)

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
I don't blame Goldberg for not "understanding" wrestling. If you read his book, he basically did what he was told and was built into an "invincible" angle. The book ends before WCW ends, but I never took him for a smark. He just got into wrestling when the getting was good and became the #1 guy in the promotion pretty darn quick.

I can imagine why he didn't care very much to learn more; he was rich and well-loved the way he was.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
It's generally well researched but it has errors. The narrative is really, really strong and the photos are well captioned.

I lend it out whenever someone wants "a good business book".

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
No, Orton said "Hood".

Whereas Triple H said "What people like you are for are making me laugh. Come on, do a jig! Do your little spin-a-roonie!"

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
*Benoit comes down to the ring to "Girls in Cars"*

*References to Benoit are replaced by a large man yelling "THE CHAMPION" over the existing track

*Benoit's face and trunks are blurred, and a scroll across the bottom says "The WWE Universe does not advocate killing your family and yourself"

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
When they make the WWE Hall of Fame an actual building, what will they name the concourses?

Elevator from Subbasement A to Subbasement B: "Sawyer Lift"

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
From Storm's website:

Q: Do you ever wish you could have wrestled a Best-Of-5 series against Steve "Mongo" McMichael, with the 5th match of the series being an Iron Man match? How would you have prepared for such an opponent?

A: I’d have probably just quit the business.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Goldberg wasn't really a wrestling fan. So his actions are from a completely different perspective than anyone else. In his book, written shortly before the InVasion, he seems reticent to turn heel but knows that "the writers generally know what they're doing." He reiterates, however, that the crowd really loves cheering him.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
According to WWE Kids Magazine, Randy Orton is the year's "Biggest Buttbrain!"

Agree or disagree? Me, I feel that it was Mark Henry rapping or guest host Verne Troyer. What a buttbrain!

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
Sting was bigger at his peak because he was part of the biggest angle of the Monday Night Wars: Sting vs. the NWO. Kurt Angle was a perennial heel and prank-magnet on Smackdown. The reason Sting was popular was because he had the right gimmick; he was THE man who could take out the NWO.
That doesn't mean Kurt probably worked a hundred times more matches in the same amount of time.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
I remember in the Attitude era, they cut to the backstage drawer area...and people were just pounding on eachother.

I love that little gimmicky bingo wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
"Stone Cold" Irving R Shyster