Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
More of a meta-wrestling question. I've read all of CRZ's recaps up until he stopped doing it in 2002-ish. Did/does anyone else do similar style recaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
When did Finkel stop being the main ring announcer? They should just keep growing new Finkels.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Was there anyone in the IWC that picked up the ball from CRZ as far as detailed recaps of the weekly shows after he stopped doing it? I always enjoy going back and re-reading those, and am hoping that someone else is/was out there.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
So I'm watching the OMG Top 50 WWE thing that's on Netflix now...and it's talking about referee Tim White trying to kill himself on a weekly basis? :psyduck: Man, what happened to the WWE after the "Invasion"?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
The thing that was great about those were Josh Matthew's never-ending "wait, that's not wise!"

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Barry "Krusher Khruschev/Demolition Smash/Repo Man/Blacktop Bully/Mr. Hole-in-One" Darsow springs to mind.

Wouldn't IRS also count? Or did he only have 1 gimmick in WCW?

Barry Windham counts for at least...3, I think. Windham/Widowmaker/Blackjack Someone.

Was Bradshaw the other "New" Blackjack?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Apparently Ultramantis Black got a vote for Congress down in Georgia. Not sure what his platform would be.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

Not to mention there was a brief moment where Edge and Triple H were interacting and being smug douches towards each other that made me think,"You know THAT could be a really good match."

Did they ever have any notable 1-1 matches?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

NienNunb posted:

What's commonly known as the worst wrestling game? Because I just played Super Wrestlemania for the SNES and hoooo-boy it's bad.

WCW Nitro for the PC was a God-forsaken abomination.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Didn't Doink do something like that? The Whoopie Cushion or something?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I don't know much about pre-WWF Tito Santana, but I envision him as a perpetual face.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Supreme Allah posted:

Remember when Demolition got 1 and 2 in the Rumble, and immediately proceed to smash each other mercilessly. Good old days.

:allears: That was the best.

*awesome Demolition music*

Who's number 2?

*awesome Demolition music*

Ax & Smash look at each other, shrug, and get to whippin'.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
What happened to Hogan between WM7 and 1993 where he seemingly lost a ton of muscle definition and just looked instantly older in 2 years? I watched a bit of that video of him vs Muta and he looks so much....older. Just age descending like a freight train?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
First match I have memory of watching is Megapowers/Twin Towers from that SNME, but I know I must have watched wrestling prior to that. I was 11 or so, I remember being so confused. "Why doesn't Hogan tell Macho they won the match? That'd make him calm down!"

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Was anyone really buying a Powers of Pain shirt? :psyduck:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

bobkatt013 posted:

How can you badmouth 4? It has 2 tapes!

Not to mention 3 or 4 Savage entrances w/ different outfits every time. :allears:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Watching RR92 on the network. What the hell was up with this Jamieson character that came out with the Bushwhackers?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Watching SummerSlam 92...why did the Ultimate Warrior start wearing a singlet?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Ghostpilot posted:

WWF was in the midst of the steroid trial, so they did what they could to disguise the fact that their guys were getting smaller now that they were off the juice.

Is that why they started the Icopro thing? To say they were on supplements rather than steroids?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Watching RR93 on the Network...Heenan keeps talking about the debut of the Narcissist, but he's pronouncing it really oddly, was that just something he was doing? Also, man I only vaguely remember the Steiners in WWE. I don't see how/why Scott went from Steiner brother Scott to Big Poppa Pump Scott.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

VogeGandire posted:

At that point, he wasn't "the Narcissist", he was "Narcissus".

That's what it sounded like to me, but he would put a "The" in front of it half the time and I got confused. Also, holy crap this crowd loves the Steiners.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Going through my Network rewatch of old stuff, watching SummerSlam 93...when/how did Razor turn face?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Are there any other examples of wrestlers going from skinny -> huge in a short time frame, a la HHH from 1997-1999? I know Scott Steiner went from tiny to enormous, but I thought his was more gradual.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Watching WMX, working my way through nostalgia...who the hell is the ring announcer at the start? I have no recollection of this dude.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I haven't seen any of the Raws post WM17, so I've never really experienced heel Austin other than youtube clips, can't wait for those to get on the Network. How did Austin turn back face?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I don't have an answer to this, but I've seen a lot of people talking about it:

What makes a good heel in 2014?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Watching last Friday's Smackdown, I think I have an answer to my own question. I would pay money for Cole & JBL to get the poo poo kicked out of them.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Yokozuna and Earthquake both turned face, and they squashed Hulk Hogan. :argh:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Rollersnake posted:

Haha, thanks. That's waaay better than the alternative. Seriously, look at this:

I get a real "Leisure Suit LarryRazor" vibe from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

DeathChicken posted:

Reading CRZ's recaps. I miss CRZ's recaps.

:hfive: I wish someone would take up in his style, I loved it.