Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

I'm seeing Mick Foley's stand-up show tomorrow, followed by a meet and greet.

Is there anything interesting I could ask him? (other than Batista's dick size of course).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

the sex ghost posted:

Wasn't there some leaked audio of the announcers rehearsing and they were tearing into Tony Chimel or one of the other announcers?
Is this the clip where Chimel can't pronounce "women's" properly?

In isolation I just took it as co-workers chuckling about Chimel stumbling over his lines, but if this was a regular thing then I could see how it would move into hazing/bullying.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I was thinking about the upcoming MitB matches with all face/all heel competitors and tried to come up with other notable face vs. face and heel vs. heel matchups. As far as face vs. face goes, Hogan/Warrior was the most significant one I could think of, but I can't come up with any notable/memorable/significant heel vs. heel matches. Any ideas?
Face/Face, but Cena/Rock's gotta be up there for Face/Face significance?

Edit: Question time! Does anyone know where the 'wipe your boots before getting into the ring' originated? I understand its meaning, I just wondered whether it could be clearly linked to a person who first did it.

Spikey Willow fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 4, 2013

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Jake would do a little tap before the DDT, I think, but the only person I've ever seen doing the elbow tap was Will Smith on Fresh Prince. He must've been parodying someone though.
This reminds me: what is the kayfabe reason for tapping someone on the back before performing a DDT?

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Cool, makes sense.

SuitcoatAvenger posted:

Who is considered to be the most dangerous guy to work with who still managed to be successful and get a continued push? To elaborate, I mean stiff, sloppy work that gets other guys injured. Based on what seems to be the sheer volume of stories about him, I'd assume Vader. I'm curious if there's anyone else who falls in the same category.
Doesn't Mr Kennedy/Anderson have a reputation for being unsafe?

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

A few pages back there was discussion over Cena hitting an Avalance AA.

What modification makes an AA (or any move) an Avalanche?

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

RHX posted:

First show and also best seats (not counting small local indie shows) where I was front row
On a side note, how did you get front row tickets?
I go to the UK shows every April but no matter what site I use (ticketmaster, seetickets etc) I've always been offered tickets in the same place (lower tier, facing the camera, with varying rows). Can't ever seem to find tickets for anywhere else no matter how early I look!

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

How did they promote the Brawl for All to make clear it was a shoot? As in how did they protect the rest of kayfabe?

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

What are some spots/moves that really take you out of the match/spoil the reality for you? Something that just looks blatantly fake or unrealistic.

For me, I always hate the 'multiple punches to the head' spot (usually when the opponent is supine). The hits just look so weak it really breaks the suspension of disbelief for me.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Chyna

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Has there ever been an observed case of a wrestler giving away the result of his/her match before it starts? Not 'slip of the tongue/over Twitter' type way (I'm sure this has happened), but actually during the show. For example, someone has noticed that Wrestler X always wears a certain item of clothing/does a certain thing down to the ring if they are winning the match?

Obviously this would be a dumb, kayfabe-breaking thing to do, but I could see it happening, in an indie fed maybe, intended as a 'tip-off' to friends watching the match.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

My first memory of WWE was when my friend first showed it to me during the Attitude Era. Big Show arguing with Rock about his feet touching the floor in the Royal Rumble.

Imagine, for someone, somewhere, their first exposure to wrestling is Raw is Benoit.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

I still believe :ohdear:

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Can you elaborate, or are you saving it for the podcast?
Is there a new PSP podcast?

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Has anyone read Justin Roberts' book Best Seat in the House? Wondered if it's any good.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

rovert posted:

I'd strongly recommend it. You'll get a strong insight into WWE's culture from a non-wrestlers point of view. The frankness of the book comes from someone who doesn't really care either way about being employed there ever again.
Thanks! This is exactly what I was hoping based on his honest and open appearance on Colt's podcast.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

The only thing I can hear him saying is "I've had surgery five times in my left knee"

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

TheCool69 posted:

And what is your "most replayed moment" or ä moment you find yourself watching when you get on the tube and are bored. For me its either the Austin stuns everyone/Jesus pop or Heymans shoot promo on Vince, with the infamoua "YOU STOLE FROM ME" bit
'Top 10 Rumble Returns' type videos. Edge, Cena etc.

And Dolph cashing in the night after 'Mania. Biggest pop of the modern era.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Kennedy famously denied doing roids on Colt's podcast, then got busted for them days/ weeks later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

SG Bamboo posted:

What are some great non-standard ways of getting into the ring? I'm a big fan of Alexa Bliss's twisty entrance and Colin Delaney's where he slides in feet first.

I always enjoyed Super Crazy's entrance: slide into the ring, then pop up onto his head then up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqZH5jQTmYE