Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TL posted:

I also don't remember ECW spraying lemon juice on open wounds. Or pouring bleach down anyone's throat.

Why are CZW/IWA MS/etc allowed to keep doing what they do? I mean, I know there is no sanctioning board for the business, but I mean, this has to be reckless endangerment or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Does anyone else dislike the "fan gets involved, contracted" storyline ( Zach Gowen, Santino, Mickie James, Rosa Mendez)? I think it will eventually lead to some mark kid trying to be Rosa to Cena's Beth and getting hurt. It just sends mixed messages.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

What is the gorilla position? The latest Botchamania included a shoot with Gene Okerlund saying " nowVince was there in the gorilla position, anyone who is anyone knows aboutthe gorilla position :smugdog:... I wanna be cool too,..

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So Jack Evans's corkscrew 630 is still the flippiest move right?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

We do not discuss Brawl for All. We are bothered by it. It was a sham.

<---:colbert:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

When was the Show/Bourne match that Kofi commented on, and is there a gif of the insane kick that happened after the match?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

"Russo wanted to be dragged behind the (monster) truck through the desert by Goldberg but the higher ups nixed the angle. Russo was very upset about this" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 11, 2000

Ladies and gentlemen, this is our sport.

Sportish.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Wazzu posted:

Well, there are plenty of good feuds that involve a title, you're asking whether there is a good title based feud that isn't title based.

examples: hbk vs jericho from last year, stone cold steve austin vs mr. mcmahon, triple h vs batista

HBK vs Jericho from 6 years ago too.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

What is the deal with lawler and his 110 belts or whatever number?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Couple of things:

When was the SD! PPV with the Bar Brawl?

And could explain in detail why Brian Pillman has a gun? Did he bring one to a show or something? I hear the meme, but do not know.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Who not betta than Kanyon?

Rene Dupree.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

Is there a way to watch the Legends of Wrestling Roundtables without having wwe 24/7? These things sound awesome, and I'd like to watch them.

They're 8 bux at Best Buy.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So now that Jimmy Hart's buddy Hogan is doing his new fed, is Wrestlicious MIA?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Apparently JR turned heel and became an independent commentator at one point with his own booth. Did this actually happen?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Anybody need to book Goldberg for your private event? Goldberg would love to give a speech! Maybe a cooking demonstration!

https://www.allamericanspeakers.com/speakers/Goldberg/2504

edit: URL

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 28, 2009

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Is there a wrestler who's website isn't terrible (that doesn't work for WWE I mean)?

Yes. Kamala.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So who do you guys think hAs the best interference music? For me it is a tie between Austin and Big Show. Maybe it is because they have such striking, distictive beginnings, but those two have always been the best for me at:

Wrestler: :words:
*glass breaks* or WWWEEEEEEELLLLLL
Wrestler: aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I wish that they would bring back time limits for matches in the WWE. Most of the time they wouldn't matter but for the minor outlay of adding 6 words to the announcer's patter, you could occassionally have free beat the clock drama.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Was Andre the biggest person to get slammed? I mean the McGuires were 750, but no one was scoopslamming them.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Has the Undertaker been on RAW for any significant length of time since the brand split?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is the scaffold match the most dangerous match type around? Taipei deathmatch? Inferno?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

bradzilla posted:

I'm pretty sure it was on some Raw during HBK as JBL's employee period. They were cutting a "serious" promo and then young HBK would slowly rise up between JBL and old HBK.

It was the first promo at survivor series. I am almost sure.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Why do people have to lose in their hometown?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

grody but still def posted:

Dan Severn.

What about him?
<---

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Going back to HBK at WM, for me it is a tie between 25 and 19. 25 for obvious reasons, and I thought the feud and especially the prematch promo video at 19 was one of the best ever, competing with 2008's.... Jericho vs Michaels?!?! It is like the two feuds are connected somehow...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Respectfully disagree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9m2zNdxm44

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You know what I love? Huge crossover Stable vs. Stable storylines. They should do one of those. Like have Legacy/Regal's Group/Jerishow decide to ally together and run things their way. They are opposed by Cena/DX/Christian and his gang/MarkVP/etc. Have each side try to recruit the big free agents like the Brothers of Destruction or Punk. Have the Raw hosts change sides. Like the old Nation/DX/Corporation days. Let it burn for a while then blow it off by having Bragging Rights again.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Who is the Dirt Bike Kid? I heard his name being used in a list with people like Mass Transit and Mike Levy as examples of the business getting too real. Unsurprisingly, wikipedia has failed me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ah, I had forgotten that this industry is unprofessional and carny ridden for a second. How silly of me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Since #1 is obviously Arn, who has the second best spinebuster in the business? Rock? Batista? Trips?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Did Sid invent the powerbomb?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So about powerbombs. The big opinion question: release or falling?

Falling is probably safer, but man, a good release powerbomb like Vader is one of the most spectacular visuals you can get. Whaddaya think?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Everyone talks about how bad the Invasion was, but I just watched it for the first time and SummerSlam 01 was all about the Invasion and was a solid 3 or 4 star show in my mind. Disclaimer: I did not watch the Invasion angle, and so I was pretty much watching Summerslam in a vacuum.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

La Resistance had those news broadcasts.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Chyna is the female Khali.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You know what would own and is completely supported by the rules? An open ladder match. Just hang the belt up there and say the first superstar to get it is the winner. Locker room emptying, announcers climbing, it would be great.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Terrible idea.

Why, the hardcore 24/7 matches worked well enough under essentially the same rules.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Why does no one cover up for chairshots anymore?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sionistic posted:

So WWA (World Wrestling Association) is having some event just a few minutes from my house.

http://www.wwaworldwrestling.com/2009/12/vengeance-live-on-i-95/

Does this seem to be worth the $15/20 for tickets?

Which Sheik is this? Also, 15 bucks to see a human plane crash named Jake? I would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

That was essentially how mine was. Cena was standing tall to close the broadcast, then the FBI came down and attacked, Lesnar made the save, a ref started the 2 on 3 dark main.