Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Has there ever been an instance of a wrestler deliberately overselling in order to make another guy look bad? Like I don't mean the rock selling a stunner like he stood on a mine but one guy flying all over the ring from basic kicks and stuff in order to make it look as fake as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I rewatched Cena-Lesnar from Extreme Rules the other day, did anyone ever find out what was going on with that weird little speech Cena gave after the match? Was he legit knocked out or unhappy about being told to take time off or what?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I was watching part of Survivor Series 2011 the other day and I got to the bit where Punk wheels out Howard Finkel to announce him. Has anyone ever properly found out why the announcers all start crying with laughter and taking the piss when he gets all choked up from MSG chanting his name and he has to stop for a second? Was it all genuine or was Vince in their ears going 'QUICK poo poo ALL OVER IT'? It just seems odd because on its own it's a really nice moment with Fink tearing up at how much love this crowd has for him but it's slightly spoiled by the announcers going 'LOOK AT THIS loving IDIOT, GET HIM OFF THE STAGE'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wasn't there some leaked audio of the announcers rehearsing and they were tearing into Tony Chimel or one of the other announcers? And HHH making fun of Lilian Garcia's face. Maybe it's just okay to make fun of ring announcers because they need to pay their dues, brother

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
What was the origin of the 'x fears y' sign? I've seen it all over the place in various iterations over years and years but I've never been able to find out what the original one was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If WWE ever decided to do some sort of tribute to Michael Cole what are generally considered to be his best bits?

For someone who's been consistently on TV for 15 years and will probably be around for a long time to come people seem awfully reluctant to give him any sort of credit (the attitude era podcast guys seem to really put the boot into him whenever he's on commentary). Is it just because he replaced possibly the best announcer of all time and those are some gigantic shoes to fill, or because he said mean things about Daniel Bryan that time, or is he genuinely That Bad? I stopped watching wrestling around 05 and then got back into it about the time of his Enemy Of The Internet gimmick (and the Wrestlemania angle which was a bit toe-curling to be fair) and I actually quite like him.