Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mob posted:

Funaki owns hth

The Undertaker says so and he usually knows what he's talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gavok posted:

Yeah, even when the locker room was told that the Benoits were dead, nobody wanted to be the one to outright say, "So you realize Chris went nuts and killed them all, right?"

Nobody probably wants to think about how they trusted a crazy murderer to not hurt them in the ring, either.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Alain Post posted:

Dean Ambrose can't beat anyone

Professional Orphan Dean Ambrose would have to find his family, first.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ghostpilot posted:

Who else continued to have a wrestling career after being reputed (or outright admitting) to have purposely killed somebody? The only three I can think of are Scott Hall, Jimmy Snuka, and Invader #1.

Carlos Colon probably counts.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Does anyone have a video of the promo where Ric Flair apparently said he'd once had sex with a horse?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

sean10mm posted:

Can anybody think of some good examples where a mediocre or even outright bad wrestler had a very good match out of nowhere?

The Bushwhackers had a 5* match.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Luigi Thirty posted:

And of course that was also the night WWF put butts in seats by putting the title on one of the most beloved guys in wrestling even back then, Mick Foley.

As an added layer of stupid, for anyone who didn't watch WWF who might not have known who Mick Foley was, they reminded their fans he was that guy they liked from WCW from a few years ago.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

oldpainless posted:

The Steiner/HHH build was one of the most entertaining builds in history.

It gave us what will forever be my favorite JR call of all time:

"Buhgawd, those PUSH-UPS! Those intimidating push-ups... FROM THE BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY!" He knew the words were stupid before they left his lips but he put 110% into them regardless.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DeathChicken posted:

Tank Abbott is entered in Brawl For All, hilarity ensues.

ROUND 1: Bart Gunn dies

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Spikeguy posted:

From roughly the mid 90s to he left, it's been said the Undertaker was the godfather in the back, the person everyone who had an issue brought it up with. As other main event guys kinda drifted away from the rest of the roster, it always seemed like he was there in the middle of it with them. Any word on who took that place, if anyone, since he left?

It's going to be HHH going forward, he's like their NXT Dad.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Because the Usos are so interchangeable, not even they know which Uso they are.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKUMV_YXCGw

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Probably the Fabulous Moolah, in every sense of the word worst.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Doc Morbid posted:

THOSE INTIMIDATING PUSH-UPS FROM THE BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY :bahgawd:

I don't remember if that was in the promo but it should have been.

Jim Ross' greatest call ever. I've been trying to find a recording of it for years.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That tape gave us the phrase "the blizz pizz" so I forgive him.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Alain Post posted:

IIRC there was a rumor that Warrior died and was replaced by Kerry Von Erich.

The details of the rumors varied. In my school, people said he just quit and got replaced.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gavok posted:

They were on the same team in Survivor Series '90.

The hatchet job DVD suggested it was because he looked so different at Wrestlemania 8.

The rumor got started because this kid I knew had an uncle who worked for the WWF and he was backstage when the Macho Man Randy Savage killed the Ultimate Warrior.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Inferno matches have got to be the worst. Since you're surrounded by fire on four sides, and heat rises, you are basically trying to wrestle inside an oven

...which is why the Harris Twins will be booking a ton of them when they own TNA tomorrow

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

People in the South will believe anything, that probably helped too.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Halloween Jack posted:

I didn't get into wrestling until the Attitude Era, and while I knew wrestling was a work, I didn't assume that Vince and Austin and the Undertaker were all buddies who celebrated Christmas together. I wondered if some of the angles were based on real-life drama that the participants were willing to dramatize because they were carnies trying to make a buck, and that certainly heightened the excitement.

I always figured that in real-life they were having a great time. They got to do crazy poo poo and make TONS of money.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ShootaBoy posted:

Those last 2 names cannot be real.

Look at this motherfucker who doesn't listen to the Pisscast

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think Stone Cold has owned up to being a drunk rear end in a top hat who went through "dark times" but I don't think he's ever directly talked about and apologized for being abusive to Debra. Whether you consider that enough is up to you, but I feel like he's gotten away with not having to confront it outright just because of who he is.

I feel like him recounting the specifics is not really important and I understand not wanting to discuss parts of that publicly. The way he acts now is what's important.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well, there's Katie Vick and the Kane/Lita/Snitsky angle

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

StarkRavingMad posted:

The west is California, unless you mean the Old West, which starts in Texas

If you can drive to the Pacific Ocean for a day trip you live in the West, otherwise you don't.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lady Naga posted:

I get legitimately annoyed when people spend a really long time talking about the dumbest minutia about a country I don't live in nor care about.

You should, because you are subordinate to American interests whether you like it or not thanks to the system of globalized banking.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MotU posted:

p sure daniel bryan and cm punk were never BITW and it was always pinkie sanchez

Giant Tiger for life

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Xerzes posted:

I'd say Bray has similar issues. Good promos, but when the writers have nothing for him, he gets really monotonous.

Dean Ambrose, too.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Much like Dolph hasn't she been sort of a company man that's been around for a while and probably is going to go on to have some kind of backstage job or training center slot for life?

I think you have her confused with KANE

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Kind of related: what's the best match to not get 5 stars? I've rewatched the 2015 RR triple threat three times now and every time I come away thinking that match was perfect. Two of those times I was watching with someone who wasn't an active wrestling fan and they were completely enthralled by it.

HBK/Taker I is basically Exhibit A in the case of Dave knocking a quarter star off a match for not being in Japan.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chris Kreski took over as head writer for WWE in 1999 and stayed on until 2002, does he count? That's an awfully good period to be able to put your name on.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So is there a parallel universe where Big E is awful and Roman Reigns is the leader of New Day? And instead of unicorns they talk about magic beans?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

quite stretched out posted:

what about the guy who murdered bruiser brody, does that count for most dangerous wrestler

That guy only killed one person. Chris Benoit killed two people.

With wrestling moves.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

schweens posted:

The Packers had the Big Gold at the super bowl on stage after they won. Then Clay Matthews was on smackdown.

Kevin Love brought the smoking skull championship to game 7 of the nba finals just in case they won. Luckily they did because the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead

Aaron Rodgers had been doing the belt motion as a thing all season, so it was organic at least.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Basically everything you need to know is right here:

https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/125437560418865152?lang=en

Much love HH

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Is there any truth to the rumor that Vince wanted Gary Strydom (LOOK AT THE STRIATION!!!!) to become a wrestler after the WBF folded?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He had some matches with Angle like that too. I remember one where Angle was running him down saying he was too broken down to have a REAL wrestling match and relied on ILLEGAL closed fists instead.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Weren't the European and Hardcore championships both retired before Cena came in?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ChrisBTY posted:

To change the subject (a little).

We know that WCW loving pushing their 40 somethings, but what young(er) talent at the time got a raw deal in WCW?
I mean we all know about Jericho and the Radicalz, but are there any others?
(Keep in mind that Luchadores and Toryumon dojo guys are awesome, but being able to effectively verbally communicate with your audience is an important skill to have).

There was this dude called Steve Austin who was getting a push till Hogan and his friends came in. Then he got squashed by Jim Duggan and fired.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Golden Bee posted:

People still think Wade Barrett is a former streetfighting gypsy puncher and not an ex Lacrosse dude.

It's the nose IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DangerDummy! posted:

Why did the WWE suddenly decide to deify The Ultimate Warrior? He is on record as being a lovely bigot and homophobe, he sucked in the ring, no one who worked with him during his prime seemed to like him very much, and he had a reputation for being an unprofessional prick with no respect for the business. The WWE even made a whole video burying him as a complete joke. I get trying to get a nostalgia pop for him during his HOF induction and everything, but the guy dies and all of the sudden we're meant to be worshipful of all the things he's done for wrestling and the world at large. Just because he's dead doesn't mean he wasn't an rear end in a top hat. Where did the massive shift in perception come from?

He died literally the day after Mania and everyone was very sad about it.