Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Spikeguy posted:

I've heard about the Warrior releasing several videos blasting Hogan about this and that? Does anyone know what brought this all on, what the videos have to deal with or Hogan's response?

Hogan was talking crap on some video interview somewhere about Randy Savage after he died, so Warrior's going to trash Hogan for an hour on YouTube or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Ultramantis Black is still pretty mysterious. I know of only one picture of him unmasked. It seems like he just strolls around the Philly area, in mask and character.

Most of his face got exposed during that match he had with Kizarny in.. New York? He tried to stay covered up for the crowd, but that camera guy kept trying to sneak a peek. :mad:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Dragon Dragon is the master of every move with the word "dragon" in it.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Jeff Jarrett, master of MMA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6S2ysN5izk

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
SMASH is the weirdest company I've ever seen. One minute there's a guy from Finland speaking weird Engrish, then there's a fat guy with a chainsaw, then Tommy Dreamer and Ultimo Dragon show up, then an amazing joshi match or two and Tajiri strutting around as king. Then Sabu crashes through a table and the Japanese crowd chants ECW. I've only seen one full SMASH show and didn't really care for it until the last three matches, but their promotional videos for them are amazing.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The legitimately financed business albeit with money made from criminal activities kind of front or the pedaling drugs and sex workers backstage kind of front? I'm alright with the first one.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Not necessarily. The yakuza do lots of illegal things, I'm not against all of them. :v:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I never understood the appeal of Lesnar. He's just a big mutant and completely boring.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

PWInsider posted:

Hayes' actions led to someone (later believed to be Sean Waltman) cutting off his mullet while he was sleeping.

Waltman has recently become one of my favorite people in wrestling. :v:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Lone Rogue posted:

It's been in wrestling for a long time. It was never an indie thing, it's just the indies over did it.

And then they perfected it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JMeKSjBYQY&feature=related

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I don't really buy the "safer style" argument, personally. The more prominent indy companies do lots of higher risk stuff all the time, but they're trained well enough that there's rarely a dangerous botch. On the other hand, the puffed up guys in WWE tear and injure body parts all the time just doing regular stuff. And is there really much risk in a technical/mat wrestling or submission-based style? Why doesn't WWE do those if they don't want to risk injuries with too much high flying or bumping?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Does that take into account the indy wrestlers who work in multiple companies? WWE's regulars probably still do more shows, but I don't know that it's a huge gap. They could still teach their guys some grappling chains or something. Obviously the WWE Universe are entertained just fine by two or three moves a match with the rest all punching and kicking, but it's not my thing. :argh:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
That's pretty messed up. They should unionize.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Samoa Joe made Kurt Angle tap to the ankle lock in their iron man match, but it was a second after the time limit ran out.

Also, lots of the Chikara Special/Inverted Chikara Special stuff, but I don't know if that'd count. :v:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
How did he go from that to "wrestling is a soap opera for men" and "Glenn Beck makes sound arguments"?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Edit: And Calvin Raines got a case of the tiny-heads!

Somebody took him out of the vat a little early. :stare:

I like the :smug: face on that Bobby Dutch fellow.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The more I read or hear about Bischoff, the more I'm convinced his only real talent is talking rich people out of their money. As a wrestling guy and a human being, I think he's worse than Russo.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Won't somebody please think of poor Yoshi Tatsu? :saddowns:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Swagger looks like an ugly Gary Busey.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Matt Hardy: voice of reason? :psyduck:

Only in comparison to Jeff Hardy.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
... Juventud Guerrera. :saddowns:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Lots of indy guys can physically do what the other guys do, so I don't really understand that complaint. What sets some above others to me is they're good enough to put the different pieces together and make it great.

Also, this.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
That "woooooo" part always made me laugh.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Tony Schiavone had one of the most legitimate-sounding announcer voices in the history of our sport. :mad:

Nitro had more than enough great stuff from when the NWO got rolling to when the second NWO got rolling.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
No year of WCW can be bad when it had this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-D9M3L4jsc

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I think it depends on what type of thing goes viral and how interesting any follow-up material is. Even though Punk's surprisingly shoot-like promos caught on and he and Cena had a perfect match at MitB, I still don't care about Raw or WWE in the least because the rest of it is still the same. I saw clips of Chikara skits for at least a year before I started seriously looking at them and now they're my favorite company ever. They were just funny clips until I eventually saw a match or two that hooked me.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Why the hell is Kane the voice of reason? He should've been chuckling and adjusting his glove while Big Show punched that guy into paste. :mad:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Tyma posted:

You'll be pleased to hear that after having Daniels wrestle without a mask, they aired a backstage segment where Christohper Daniels is wandering around backstage, and comes across all 3 of his masked personas, who are sitting at a table signing autographs. He then has a conversation with them, even though all 3 characters have been mute up until that point :psyduck:

I hope this is on YouTube somewhere. :haw:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Oatgan posted:

The best part of Big Apple Take Down is that at the very end when Triple H has his showdown with the bad guy. The bad guy escapes in his car and almost runs Triple H over. But wait! Triple H found a loving sledgehammer laying on the ground in this alley. So Trips throws the sledgehammer through the windshield and the career loses control and crashes into a wall.

Amazing.

I'm going to assume someone's career crashing into a wall once they face Triple H was completely intentional.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Tyma posted:

In 1:50 in this video, Dirtbike tries the same poo poo on The Great Sasuke. Sasuke was already hugely pissed off at the guy, who had been invited to a prestigious "masked wrestlers" tournament, where the finalists would wager their most prized possession (their masks), for the chance to be crowned the grand champion.

Dirtbike kid was booked to job to The Great Sasuke in the opening round, and threw a hissy fit. After his entrance, he unmasked himself in the middle of the ring, completely making GBS threads on the whole concept of the tournament, in the opening match. Dirtbike Kid was told that Sasuke's first spin-kick would be the finisher, but even though Sasuke is shooting on him, he no-sells it, and the referee stops the match to try and avoid Sasuke literally killing the guy.

The more I hear/see from Great Sasuke, the more I love him. :3:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
How do you invent diving into the mat face-first, much less claim responsibility when other guys look at it and think, "man I gotta try that! :haw:"

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I think it means if some wealthy entity wanted to sink some cash into Chikara, it would be greatly appreciated. :v:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Amasis is out of action maybe permanently due to injury. :(

Chikarasaurus Rex, King of Trios, and Cibernetico are usually their bigger annual shows, I think.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

ZoDiAC_ posted:

So what are his top 5 singles matches, any promotion?

Christian had a column on Gametap a few years ago for some reason where he told a story about a time he and Samoa Joe were playing a video game with Joe in the lead, taunting him the entire time. Then Christian won at the last second and Samoa Joe quietly turned off his console and wept.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
How many singles matches has Kurt Angle lost since he's been in TNA?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
It's all part of the game of human chess. A wrestler goes for frequent pins because it forces his opponent to expend energy to kick out. The opponent waits until two because that's two seconds he's not being attacked and that moment's relapse can help him regain some of his breath.

... Which he'll then use to kick out. /Zbyszko :clint:

I love Chikara in many many ways, but one thing they do always annoys me. When it's a tag match with technicos vs. rudos, the referee (almost always Bryce for some reason) always turns a blind eye to the rudos while actually getting physically in the way to prevent the technicos from retaliating. I get this is basic wrestling to make you hate the heel, but it doesn't. It makes me hate the referee who won't turn around despite knowing who the good and bad guys are. During the year of the BDK I was half-expecting it to be part of the story that Remsburg would bury the BDK on commentary while secretly helping them win matches and no one suspected him until he Nick Patricked them all after Sabato got taken out or something.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Then after the ceremony it'll turn out they're brothers.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

George Kaplan posted:

I think it was Paul London that started it, joking about being hosed in the rear end on a bare skin rug to get ahead. Unlikely such a rug ever existed.

The bear skin rug has been around longer than that. It seems like something everyone who's worked for WWE knows about.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Isn't scouting talent what the road agent guys do? Talent relations makes me think of the guy who negotiates the contracts once they show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
How come Goldberg wore those little boots when he had tiny ankles? He looked like a cartoon bulldog.