Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
I don't watch a lot of TNA, could someone explain how and why Matt Morgan is apparently so over? Last I heard he was a coat rack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Whatever happened to Tiffany? She was suspended after that vague incident with Drew in the hotel, but that was in August. Is she still suspended?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Lone Rogue posted:

I guess you've never heard of Dynamite Kid...

Also, some of the toughest guys in the business were calm and collected like Haku.

Didn't Haku bite a man's nose off during a bar brawl? Or is that the joke?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Iviv posted:

What would someone like the WWE need to do to actually get across that a life threatening injury is not actually an angle, but a real, legit injury? The only way I can see it getting across is through third party news sites, like the wrestling observer or similar reporting it.

I think they would not mention the severity of the injury unless it was truly a life threatening one, or if the performer died. When Mark Henry's knee bent backwards on Smackdown they basically cut away and made no mention of it. An injury would have to be incredibly serious for them to break kayfabe and announce it. I was watching the PPV where Owen died live and after some backstage promo it cut to shots of the crowd and JR began saying something like "I apologize fans, this is live television, sometimes things don't go according to plan" and I immediately thought that Owen was stuck in his harness and they couldn't get him down, and it was something silly. JR then made it clear that he had fallen from the rafters, and it was not part of any story line. He started talking about how Owen was playing the character of the Blue Blazer and was to descend from the rafters to the ring, which was a big break of kayfabe as the Blue Blazer was a comedy character who supposedly nobody knew the true identity of. There were no shots of the ring and the constant repetition of "this is not a storyline" and the genuine looks of despair on their faces and just how Lawler sounded was enough. I tried to check the Internet and every smarky website was crawling or down due to the amount of people checking them for updates and any news about Owen.

It has only happened once, but they made it abundantly clear that it was not fake.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

bobkatt013 posted:

Seems like someone forgot this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtDVp3T3t9s

Well yeah, but that was spectacular, and WCW. I think the WWE also showed replays of Joey Mercury's face being exploded by a ladder, but that wasn't life threatening. I guess it depends on how noticeable the actual injury is to the crowd in attendance and the viewers at home.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Is Evan Bourne still injured? I miss that flippy pothead.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Duke Droese

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

oldpainless posted:

The most memorable part of the Jericho/Punk feud for me was Jericho slipping and falling on his rear end outside the ring on the beer he poured on Punk.

I really liked when Jericho went to smash Punk in the head with a whiskey bottle and it shattered in his hand before making contact with Punk's head.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Halloween Jack posted:

I was too embarrassed to ask this in the past. Why was Koko B. Ware named Koko B. Ware? I own a parrot and a lovebird but I do not get whatever secret bird pun is contained in that name.

the kokobiwari was a small flightless bird from new zealand that is presumed to have gone extinct in the early 19th century

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Jerusalem posted:

I don't understand why America doesn't go back to the Clinton era, revenues and mainstream appeal were through the roof.

i've got some good news

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Gonzo McFee posted:

What the gently caress, dude?

it was a really ugly match

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Aubergine Mage posted:

Taker was concussed in the first few minutes and it was up to Brock to carry the entire match.

i know, it was still a bad match and i barely paid attention to it while it was going on because it wasn't fun and undertaker winning was a foregone conclusion

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Luigi Thirty posted:

Tell us more about your thoughts on black people's vaginas

he didn't say all black women's vaginas, i'm sure he thinks some of them look like misawa/kawada 94

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Ktik posted:

Raven must have done four of the five. Wrestlemania, Starrcade, November to Remember, and Bound for Glory guessing real quick without checking. Doubt he did Final Battle since his ROH run was in the spring/summer I think.

What's the list of wrestlers who have done all these companies again?
Foley, Raven, Jerry Lynn, Konnan?

austin and jericho as well, i think

edit nevermind i read that totally wrong

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 24, 2014

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

NickRoweFillea posted:

why is the inverted atomic drop not a dq for bustin' balls

the same reason you can't hit someone with an object, but you can hit an object with someone

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

fatherdog posted:

Reigns needed to be another Goldberg instead of another Cena.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

CombineThresher posted:

JBL was a butthurt crybaby in the locker room and a bully who took liberties on people in the ring, but I don't know how many people were actually afraid of him. Ron Simmons is another story, though. Dude is freakishly strong.

Joey Styles KO'd JBL with one punch

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Benne posted:

So how much of a big deal was Big Boss Man really?

Like, I remember his Attitude Era run where he fed Al Snow his own dog and got hanged by Undertaker, but don't really recall anything notable from his first WWF run, where he was basically the wrestling version of Paul Blart. Was there anything there to merit a real push for the HOF, or was he just one of those "Hall of Very Good" guys?

he deserves to be in the HoF just for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhSh35ryueA

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Luigi Thirty posted:

Did they rent a loving Bluesmobile for this

that was his shoot car

Bossman is one of the most underrated heels of all time. a pure sociopath and rotten to the core, no shades of grey or legitimate grievances, and he performed some of the most unforgettably evil acts in WWE history.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Benne posted:

Yeah, apparently Pat was out in the locker room and stuff, but WWE never publicly acknowledged it in or out of kayfabe until Legends House.

JR and Lawler used to make jokes about it all the time during the Attitude Era

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Like, is there a single wrestler anyone here would be actively unsurprised to hear massacred their family?

John Cena

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Ghostpilot posted:

Who else continued to have a wrestling career after being reputed (or outright admitting) to have purposely killed somebody? The only three I can think of are Scott Hall, Jimmy Snuka, and Invader #1.

Rey Mysterio

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Minidust posted:

What are some of the most successfully-executed "rubs" in WWE history? It's a lot easier to think of the missed opportunities, especially with current discussion about Taker possibly absorbing the Streak rub, or misc. Hogan shenanigans over the years.

HHH getting the rub from Foley? i guess? maybe?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Angular Landbury posted:

Foley arguably made Edge too.

yeah i forgot about that. Foley basically made a lot of people look really good.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Hulk Hogan dealing with the gremlins in the projection booth

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

El Estrago Bonito posted:

That's not even a new thing, during WWI we insisted on renaming sauerkraut "liberty cabbage".

and a frankfurter sandwich was called a hot dog

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

DynamiteKidd posted:

I can't live with rape apologia and you shouldn't want me to. There's no way to reverse what I did, but I can make things right in death. I'm a sick creature and I need to be put down.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

this man would still be alive if somebody definitively revealed why Vince wouldn't work with the Macho Man

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Shine posted:

Moolah was very good at taking the RKO and sending women out to be raped.

and you can't. teach. that.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Ostentatious posted:

I wasn't watching at the time, but what was the reaction to Warrior cutting the promo about living forever and literally dying less than 24 hours later?

We all thought he killed himself

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

rotinaj posted:

What was it that broke Al Snow's spirit and turned him into his current day self? Or was he always this much of a dick, but nobody listened to him pre-internet?

i'm probably the only Al Snow mark here, but he's always been a bit of a weird rear end in a top hat. Mick Foley constantly owning him in funny ways while Snow almost got fired for his miserable attempt at owning Foley while Snow was doing guest commentary probably didn't help.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

magnum_valentino posted:

How did Al nearly get fired on commentary, sorry?

my memory is pretty hazy and i cant find a clip, but Snow was at the announce table for some random match, probably some hardcore title match, and all he did was try to put down Foley and insult him, and it wasn't funny at all. Foley wasn't even in the match going on in the ring. i think he was about to get canned for it but Foley stood up for him. again, this was in like 1999 and i haven't seen or heard of the incident since.

i think this was before the whole thing with Snow throwing Foley's book in the garbage and framing The Rock for it, so it didn't really make sense at all. Snow and Foley didn't have an angle going at the time.

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 10, 2016

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Xerzes posted:

The spiders thing, as far as I can tell, was improv because Michael Cole is an idiot. Truth was talking about being afraid of heights going into a MITB or some other ladder match, Cole called it arachnophobia because he is bad, and Truth ran with it.

yeah, Truth said he had acrophobia, and Cole is an idiot. that whole R-Truth run is one of my favorite things in wrestling. R-Truth is a genius.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

That DICK! posted:

Do we have a definitive list of Wrestling Murderers? Anyone beating Benoit at 2 1/2?

New Jack killed 2-4 people when he was a bounty hunter
The Great Khali killed someone in wrestling school
Scott Hall killed a dude with a shotgun
Vince McMahon killed Owen Hart
Vern Gagne killed an old guy in the nursing home they lived in
Kevin Sullivan killed a family of 3
Invader 1 killed Bruiser Brody
Rey Mysterio Jr. killed Perro Aguayo

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 3, 2016

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Sandman McMahon posted:

How do you pronounce Foochs? Does it rhyme with books? Or is it like pooch, like a dog, but then with a 's' on the end? Or something else entirely?

I hope it's the books one. Because then I really want to hear Noam Dar say the beautiful SamuraiFoooooooochs.

look at this guy who didn't watch Let's Play Goldeneye

it's pronounced foochisisisisisss

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i'd be honored to have my child licked by the Bushwackers, or any other wrestler except the ones with hepatitis

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
you should watch Big Bossman's feud with the Big Show

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

astrollinthepork posted:

Why did Chris Benoit have the proportions of a toddler? Big rear end head, stubby arms, etc. What is the deal? Every time he comes on my gf says fetal alcohol syndrome and well guys, it's pissin me off.

benoit had mild vanilla dwarfism

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

RealFoxy posted:

I'm just curious why this is a match you ever wanted to see

some people are just into the idea of Benoit/Balls

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

MassRafTer posted:

I eat a lot of pineapple, so really good.

pineapples don't change the way your dick tastes, just your cum, you fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
ECW was the coolest.