Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

oldpainless posted:

Did the wwf change ring sizes in the 90s? I'm watching warrior/savage and the ring looks so much bigger than today. And if they did change size, does anyone know thr reasoning behind it?

Actually Warrior and Savage are only around 4 feet tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Babysnakes! posted:

Is wrestling real?

I once got probated for telling the truth, please don't push it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Faxman posted:

He's pretty good at getting hit with a chair for 10 straight minutes though

Not so fast, did you see the last WM?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The worst ending for a win streak is CM Punk vs Hardcore Holly.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

warbrides posted:

Why do wrestlers continue to work with Rob Feinstein? I would have thought they'd completely disown him after all the child predator stuff, especially seeing how macho and testosterone filled the wrestling community is.

Just the money? Friendship from ECW days?

Nobody cares what you've done if there's a buck to be made.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Web Jew.0 posted:

a lot of ppl liked his series with kane (i didn't) so "complete poo poo" is kinda harsh.

WHO? People liked the promos but who in the world liked those matches?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Timby posted:

DDP is 54 years old and I guarantee you a huge percentage of the audience watching today has no clue who the hell he is. He's not a Ric Flair, who was around in the business for decades before his retirement angle (which was built so well that even young fans who came in with the Cena era gave a poo poo about it). DDP and Undertaker at WrestleMania 27 would go over about as well as a wet fart in church.

This but with Sting and Undertaker at WM.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

savinhill posted:

Yeah, Sting wasn't even in WWE the short time DDP was.
I think WWE could make one of them work with their great video packages and some good build up, writing and promos. Piper got a great reaction for his recent Raw promo and Lawler got one of the biggest crowd reactions in awhile despite all of his good work being along time ago. Most of the current young fans probably just think of him as that old, bored commentator.

Piper and Lawler also get like a match once a year every year, so it's not like they are complete nobodies when WWE brings them back out. They reuse the same 'legends' a lot and it leads to that credibility without witnessing that the young crowd gives them.

Sting and DDP haven't had the same past 10 years of people saying how great they are.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

George Kaplan posted:

Is DDP big enough to get into the Hall of Fame some year?

I'd say he was, but only just.

I imagine that possibility would rise if WWE Network ever gets off the ground and they want to start hyping up more old WCW personalities.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lone Rogue posted:

That was with my dad's factory job that didn't make any more than $60,000. So today, the "working poor" families, I could see them affording it.

You have no idea what poor is. Making $60k in 2005 would make you richer than over 60% of American families. I use 2005 because that's when census data was released and it removes the excuse of THE ECONOMY!!!!

elf help book fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Dec 12, 2010

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Yes, that is Umaga

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It's because wrestling is awful towards women.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The table that hurt Holly had a metal edge around it, most of those tables have a rubber edge.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FAKE?!?!?!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Didn't Regal and Goldust dress as each other last year?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Is there a reason for anything Russo does?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

John Cena is the best at selling the story of his matches as long as you realize that the story is usually that he is made of steel.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Santino pulls out a brand new cool spot in like every single match that goes longer than a minute.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I forgot that Hogan killed Umaga.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Does this mean you could eliminate someone by cutting off their feet and throwing those over?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

There's more than one ventriloquist indie wrestling dumbass superfan. That's cool, I guess.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

So, we have 'shake hands' and the possible name thing. Anyone else heard/know of any other locker room 'rules'?

No Mizes allowed in the locker room.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I don't know how anyone could read Jericho's last book and think he's not a moron.

Or still think he's funny.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PoO3 posted:

not froot man, not froot at all...

It was pretty froot how he was so dedicated to that joke, or dedicated to Word's Find and Replace, that he kept it up even in the chapter about Benoit's death.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Miz got a frog face.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Shaman of Cum posted:

that's a very Froot opinion . haha. my fave part was when he got ricockulously drunk
i liked when he talked about his best match ever, all of them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Benoit was a great friend to me, the things he did... very unfroot.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Why did Hulk Hogan leave WWF in 93?

I tried reading Hogan's wikipedia article and its literally like "Hogan demanded this match have a different ending. Hogan demanded this match have a different ending. Hogan demanded this match have a different ending. Then he left." lol beautiful

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Perry Normal posted:

I loved that video from when he was in TNA briefly. Fans found him wandering around near the arena, randomly picking up litter and doing the Harvard Step Test on playground equipment.

He also did the step test across multiple taped episodes in a row, making it seem like he had been stepping for 2 weeks straight.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Spikeguy posted:

I distinctly remember enjoying his title run during his Big Evil phase because of the match with Hardy and at the time thinking this guy is a fighting champ.

And to the guy who said he won the gimmick champ, I think you'd have to agree that the performer deserves at least some credit for making a gimmick work. If you gave that gimmick to giant Gonzales it wouldn't be as good and wouldn't still be around. If you gave it to Kevin Nash, it wouldn't be as fondly remembered.

I want to live in the alternate dimension where someone else was given Oz, made it work, and was still doing it to great cheers 20 years later.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Rise and Fall of WCW might be the worst documentary I've ever seen. It's so poorly told that it doesn't even matter what light WWE wanted to put on WCW. You need to already know what they are talking about to understand what they are talking about, and if you already know you'll probably be pissed off by it. It's a complete mess.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Does the WWE Network app on 360 require a subscription to Xbox Live?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Thanks.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I can't remember, when did WWE actually physically unify the two top belts? Bryan at WM30 won the separate titles didn't he?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Thank you both.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ayn rand hand job posted:

It isn't.

Kane is credited with 42 eliminations over 16 straight Royal Rumbles. They don't include his single elimination as Yankem, or the Diesel appearance.

Consider that next year, Kane will either have been in 18 or 19 of the last 2 decades of rumbles.

Maybe he won't be in the next one.

Maybe he'll still be champ.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Tweak posted:

i was very confused when i first got the network and was watching a bunch of the shows about the Monday Night Wars and DX was talked about as some sort of either turning point or behemoth to go alongside SCSA/Rock/et al. In my memory they were funny childish assholes (which i loved, being 13), but it wasn't like their feud with the Nation made me give up on watching WCW (who was fine accomplishing that by themselves). the heavy handedness at which the wwe frames everything they did during the late 90s is hilarious

Literally every episode of Monday Night War declares the topic of that episode to be the turning point.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Would the Brock Gnome team be eligible to compete for the Cruiserweight title?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Dumb marks are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Reuben Mandrill posted:

Been a while since i commented, but definitely been lurking for a while now, but to cut to the chase. I am in Alaska and have no friends to watch wrestling with. Six years ago I remember there being a chatroom that people from this thread would go to watch the magic. Does this group still exist? If, so who do I need to insult to get an invite?

There's a discord server in the rules thread.