Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Gaz-L posted:

I forget, Brock's agent isn't actually Heyman, he's just an advisor/friend to him, right?

If Paul Heyman were in charge of me getting paid, I'd be looking into another agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Liar Lyre posted:

I was thinking about people who appeared in all three major feds in the 90s (WWE, ECW, WCW) and then I asked myself who appeared in those three and TNA? The only one I can think of at the moment is Mick Foley, but there has to be a few more right?

Steve Austin

e: I'm a very stupid person

your friend sk fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 7, 2013

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

LividLiquid posted:

When did Austin appear in TNA?

Sorry, I totally skipped half of that post. I need to sleep I guess.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

It's probably stupid, but the CRTs make the table seem heavier to me. Lighter monitors would make the entire thing look more like a prop.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

sticklefifer posted:

I'm trying to think of some wrestlers who have gotten a remix of their current theme song when they've turned heel or face.

I remember Victoria's got slowed down when she turned heel, and Del Rio's obviously got the new mix without the horn intro when he turned face, but it seems like they're keeping it now that he's heel again. The Rock's had it happen probably a dozen times too, since he's had about 80 remixes. Any others?

Wade Barrett gets a new one whenever he turns into the arena

e: I think Daniel Bryan went from classical to guitar when he turned? I'm not certain though.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Tyma posted:

Didn't Randy Savage beat Crush by pinning him, and then tying his legs together and hoisting him up upside down, so that he was just swining back and forth from the ceiling, instead of answering the 10-count?

It was.. uh.. really weird.

Wrestlemania X! It was even better because the rules were "get back to the ring within 60 seconds of being pinned", so he dangled there for a while before the match ended. Not sure if the crowd could see it or not.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Bigass Moth posted:

The Hideous Deformed Monster Kane...

he's the ugliest...on the inside

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

sticklefifer posted:

Has anyone in the WWE had a theme song longer than John Cena? I mean without some kind of remix or new version; I know Big Show and Jericho have had theirs for longer, but they've gone through several updates.

I'm pretty sure it's been "The Time is Now" for about 8+ years, and between the horns and the RAPADOO it just irritates me every time now. You're telling me a guy who somehow strung together a full rap album can't write a new rap song in nearly a decade?

I'LL BRUSH YO MOUF LIKE COLGATE

[edit]Actually I guess Triple H's Motorhead theme and Vince's "No Chance in Hell" have been around longer, but Trips isn't a regular anymore and Vince never was.

This is kind of a guess, but Arn Anderson? That's been around since WCW, but I don't know when he would have first used it in WWF/WWE.

e: Real guess: JBL. If I'm being pedantic, Jim Ross as well.

your friend sk fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 19, 2013

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

whatsabattle posted:

Wrong, the never used WWF the Music Volume 2 version was... no it sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVuwnOJ9Oro

everyone in wwe needs to use this

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

I don't want to start a derail about this in the WWE thread but I've wondered for a while:

VogeGandire posted:

Watching Summerslam 1990 OSWReview, when Crush joined Demolition, which has just reminded me: Shield should use the Freebird Rule so Dean can defend the tag belts at some point.

What is PSP's fascination with the Freebird rule? It's a cool heel thing I guess, but so many people have suggested it and I just don't get why.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

crankdatbatman posted:

Wrestling question:

In at least the early Smack Down games, Vince McMahon would have a version of the Stone Cold Stunner as his finisher. Was this just a joke, or did Vince ever perform the stunner? I have never seen any video of him performing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBsjYXHAEuk

I don't know if there was a real story to it, but I'd guess it was just a gently caress YOU AUSTIN thing.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

bobkatt013 posted:

You do not need a ring you just need a trampoline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImDMOPjWTds

I haven't finished it yet, but I'm assuming they fight to a no contest after someone's mom is angry about the glass shredding their trampoline

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

maxallen posted:

As I understand it, Heyman is not employed by the WWE (in kayfabe), but is independent, so they just tell him show up or you're not welcome at our events anymore, which kills his livelihood.

Wasn't Vince trying to fire him when Lesnar returned though?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

oatgan posted:

Brock Lesnar beat up Vince before he had a chance to say "You're fired" so it doesn't count.

Right, but he must still work for WWE proper then.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

triplexpac posted:

I remember Wrestling Society X doing something with Vampiro and a casket

6-Pac v. Vampiro in an Exploding Casket Match. The match went to a pinfall, it was just Chekhov's exploding casket sitting at ringside.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

I hope not, I like banjo :shobon:

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Paulocaust posted:

Is it so hard to link to the exact moment instead of expecting people to wade through over an hour of footage?

he linked to the correct time you awful man!!

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

sticklefifer posted:

Heart Punch.

get out

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Onmi posted:

l.

EDIT: Oh here's a question. Did the truth ever come out on the Daniel Bryan Danielson Firing Re-Hiring when Nexus was just getting off the ground. Or are we still completely in the dark on what the hell was up with that?

My understanding is that a sponsor was unhappy, so they fired him to please them.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

When's the last time someone lost after passing out in a rest hold, with the ref dropping their arm three times?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Ghostpilot posted:

Has that ever happened?

I feel like Piper must have done it with the sleeper before, but I'm wondering if it's happened since then.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

sticklefifer posted:

I have to believe it was the arm drop, since a tapout would seriously undermine the entire purpose of a sleeper.

Zayn tapped to Cesaro's sleeper in the first fall of their 2/3 falls match, but I suppose that's a special case.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

britishbornandbread posted:

Can someone explain to me what the term Broadway means exactly, in the context of pro-wrestling?

A time limit draw. Specifically, (I think) it means a match that goes to a long time limit and doesn't ever fizzle out.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Basic Chunnel posted:

Was Randy Savage considered a great technical wrestler? I know CM Punk idolizes him, though I guess when you mark for someone as a kid it doesn't necessarily have to be because they're good. The MMA challenge Punk issued to Chris Brown shortly after he brutalized Rihanna is weird to me in this context, given Savage's notoriety as a wife beater.

So Punk appreciates Savage for his wrestling abilities, but not for his spousal abuse? I'm not really sure why that's weird.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Web Jew.0 posted:

To be fair to Lawler though, he likes having sex with underage girls.

allegedly

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Red posted:

I'd be interested in seeing a graph/chart that showed when PSPers started watching wrestling. I'd wager most started in the Attitude Era, with some coming in during the InVasion or just after.

If people are actually interested in this I would do a survey thing and put something together.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

:siren: :siren: GOON PROJECT CLICK ON THIS LINK HOLY poo poo :siren: :siren:

When I stop getting responses I'll put the data together in a pleasing way!

your friend sk fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 19, 2013

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

I Before E posted:

that does not seem to be a link

:frogsiren: JESUS CHRIST HERE'S THE LINK SO EXCITING :frogsiren:

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

I Before E posted:

for the today favorite wrestler questions, is that all time or currently working?

I meant "all time", but if you have a bias toward current workers that's fine. If you want to change your answer you can just submit a new answer with the same username and answer them again, I'll figure it out.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Sorry to detail a bit, but if you want to do that survey please try to do it before this evening. If I have time tonight I'm going to try and get started on it.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Halloween Jack posted:

Okay I have a pseudo-poll question of my own: There are plenty of stellar workers with boring finishers, but what about less-than-great wrestlers with a great finisher? First one that comes to mind is Gangrel's DDT.

Kizarny's weird rolling double-arm DDT was cool.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

toanoradian posted:

My knowledge of wrestling comes from VGCW, so sorry if I used the wrong terms.

The move when both members of the tag team attacked a single member using a combined move and then switched the active member is called a 'hot tag', yes? Is there ever a scene where someone countered (or 'reversed'?) a hot tag?

On the latest RAW, CM Punk used a move on two people at once (a 'double neckbreaker'?). Are there a move that attacks more than two people at once? also what other 'double' moves are there that scene was so cool :swoon:

The typical hot tag is when one face is getting beaten down in the ring for a while, then he finally tags in the partner who takes down the other team. It's kind of THE spot in a lot of tag matches so it often doesn't get broken up, but it does sometimes and it's really cool. :allears:

Lots of moves can be used on two people at once...I don't think there's really a list of them. Double stunner and double chokeslam come to mind.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Red posted:

How is this coming? Have most folks here responded?

I'm slowly slogging through data...been doing a lot of overtime since I posted it. I'm hoping to make some good progress this weekend if I can't finish it entirely.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Survey derail/update: I've been super busy with work, and I haven't had much free time to put toward the wrestling survey. I still plan to get to it, but if anyone wants to take a look at the data before "eventually" I'd be happy to turn it over. Sorry to everyone who's been looking forward to the results.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

epitasis posted:

Hunter? Is that you?

Great Post

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

VogeGandire posted:

What if the reincarnated Big Daddy ended the streak?

King Mabel isn't dead :confused:

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Castomira posted:

Do WWE matches still technically have time limits? I know that obviously there's no chance that it would ever actually matter, but are they even still implied to exist, or in kayfabe is it just understood that matches can hypothetically go on all day?

They only have time limits when it's important that they have time limits.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

sticklefifer posted:

As crass as this is, I can't help giggling a little bit every time someone calls him Butt Fagwell. I have the same reaction to Butt 'Shitman' Fart.

Also I am 12.

great post

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Onmi posted:

I'm debating something here so I'd like your opinion, would you prefer a "Your mother" joke implying that she prefers Australian cock, or simply the "Exactly" as in, no one gives a gently caress, or third option the response that since you focused on it, hypocritically, you give a gently caress.

I can't narrow it down so... Which way would you like to be responded to?

great comeback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Monday Night Wars was both, Attidude Era was a WWF creation. It's kind of pedantic to correct someone if they name Sting as an Attitude Era wrestler, but this is PSP.