Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

MondayHotDog posted:

How often does it do that? Because mine fucks up sometimes several times an hour.

I use the ios app constantly with no trouble. I even stream playlists over 3g while driving completely seamlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have a chance to try this out on PS4 yet? I'm wondering how it is. I downloaded it this morning when I saw it was available but I had to go to work so I haven't pulled it up yet.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

What? A spotify app for ps4?

They replaced music unlimited with spotify. Supposedly you can listen to music while you play games. I'll get a chance to try it out when I go home for lunch, supposedly it was released with their last firmware update but I didn't see it available until today.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Quick update on the PS4 app: I've been enjoying it all day, walking around with my wireless headset and using my galaxy to control it. It's fantastic. There is something wrong with playlist shuffling if you start it from the ps4 app though, it only seems to pull 100 or so songs from the same few artists. If you start shuffling a playlist from the phone it works fine. Hopefully they'll patch that soon. I also played resogun with a few buddies while cranking spotify. It worked really well, and being able to control it from my phone was awesome because I could switch tracks without having to pause the game.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

inSTAALed posted:

the playlist i am using for this has 2500 songs and it still happens even if i toggle shuffling on and off a few times... same handful of songs every time

I just connect to the ps4 from my phone and start shuffling my playlist which is currently 550+ songs, and it works really well. I have a Galaxy S4, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

me your dad posted:

PS4 weirdness - does this happen to anyone else?

I shuffle through a playlist of about 5,000 tracks, using my phone to control the player on the PS4. When I do this, the 'shuffle' seems to play a very limited amount of tracks, made up of a handful of the same albums every time. When I use Spotify on Roku it's totally fine - I get a diverse shuffle reflective of the size of the playlist.

Try starting shuffle on the phone, then connecting to the ps4. That works for me.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

A new way to show off how cool you are: "Found Them First".

https://spotify-foundthemfirst.com/en-GB

I was one of the first users to stream Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea :smugbert:

I'm irrationally annoyed that it said I had not discovered any new artists, and then proceeded to give me a playlist with like 3 artists I listen to regularly.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mierenneuker posted:

Upgrade, new album, notifications, inbox, profile, menu. Not minimize, windowed and exit, those still work.

All of this works for me on my Windows 7 work PC, I just updated spotify.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

me your dad posted:

Unfortunately the local files are only available on the device where they reside. You'd have to copy the files to your phone I guess. It's one of Spotify's biggest weaknesses.

The way to do it is to make a playlist for local files, and then sync the playlist on your phone while connected to the same network as your computer. It would be nice if they made it a little more user friendly.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

DominoDancing posted:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6813853/the-beatles-streaming-christmas-eve-sources

The news/report is a couple of days old already, but if this turns out to be true and The Beatles will really be available on Spotify/Apple Music/... starting on the 24th I'll have one very merry Christmas this year.

It's official: http://www.thebeatles.com/sites/st_nick/index.html

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How does the library limit of Amazon Prime streaming compare to Spotify? I keep hitting the library size limit and it's driving me insane.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ZoDiAC_ posted:

It's poo poo. It's great if you have bought Amazon music, on vinyl or CD. You find that there.

Otherwise they can't compete with, say Google Play Music and its ability to upload songs.

Spotify is the far better catalogue.

Amazon's.. alright, but not big, doesn't have too many exclusives you can't find elsewhere.

Spotify used to be poor on "Big" artists; now you can find Beatles, Zep, Gaga, whatever you want, I don't know your tastes.

My tastes are fairly broad, my problems aren't really with selection but with the limit to how many songs I can save to my library. I already have Prime but it sounds to me like its not going to be worth making the switch. I just hope Spotify expands that limit because the current one is no where near enough for me. I get a notification that my library is full at least once a week and end up going on a purge. At least it keeps me from listening to the same things over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Neil maintains that streaming quality sucks but I think he's just shilling for Pono which I just don't give a poo poo about. I just ended up downloading a bunch of MP3s and syncing them to the app. At least Deja Vu is still up for streaming.

• Locked thread