Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is there a quick way to delete playlists or do I have to go down them all one by one?

Found a program that cleans all my playlists out.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

illcendiary posted:

The iOS and desktop apps updated today, allegedly with collections finally added. My iPhone app updated, sans collections. I guess that feature is rolling out slowly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1I6-wv0p8k

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

PaganGoatPants posted:

"Available Now"

Is it really?

Yes and no. Looking through the Spotify community pages and all it seems as though a lot of people are getting it. It's one of those slow rollout things. Also the "Your Music" thing is in beta and you can sign up for that through the community page, http://community.spotify.com/ (it's on the sidebar to the right).

Looks like the iOS app already updated and collections there is also going through a rollout. The Android update is as usual "on its way" whatever that means.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

What exactly is the appeal of this Your Music/Collections thing? What makes it different than folders+playlists?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So my partner just put it simply for me "Spotify just wants your music to look like it would in iTunes or something"

She's also annoyed that they removed the stars.

gg spotify :allears:

appropriatemetaphor posted:

It's easier to scroll through some pictures of albums than to scroll through a huge text list.

I guess that makes sense. I'm just annoyed that I can't quickly move my playlists to the Your Music thing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Anatharon posted:

Is there a good alternative to Spotify outside of the US?

Didn't Spotify start outside of the US and then move over here in like 2011? So Spotify.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Anatharon posted:

Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but last time I checked I thought it wasn't available in Canada.

Oh drat. My bad.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rexides posted:

It seems that Spotify is hosting an open beta for the new version of the desktop client. You can install it side by side with the current client, so it won't be that difficult to switch back if you can't bear all the beta related bugs.

I like the redesign in the beta. It's beta as hell though yeah, works fine for the most part though.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.spotify.com/us/family/

Spotify finally is going to set up family accounts. $10 for the base account and $5 per additional account.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

AC/DC is putting up their albums on Spotify, Rdio, and Apple Music starting today. I don't think any of their stuff is up yet but we'll see how true it is. http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/29/8865187/ac-dc-streaming-spotify-rdio-apple-music

Edit. It's true, the albums are up already. That's awesome.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 30, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Can I stream Beatles stuff with Apple Music? Have they said anything about that or what.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does Apple Music have all of Peter Gabriel's stuff? Spotify used to have it but it's been removed and I keep checking in hopes it will come back one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Doesn't Genius do all lyrics now? Because zip like the integration I just want most if not all my tracks to do it now.

• Locked thread