Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

ionn posted:

agYRKh94ArULBZSW

Just used this one--thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Is there a built-in means of finding each week's new releases? I'm spoiled by Rdio's comprehensive list of new releases, and I can't seem to find an equivalent in Spotify.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

spincube posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the 'What's New' section in the left-hand column brings up a grid of new releases and the Spotify twitter feed (mixed in with your friends' shared music if you link to facebook).

It looks like those are just a handful of albums... rdio has a list of what's been released by release date, sorta like an rss feed:

Not a gamebreaker, though.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Turambar posted:

Here is the official Spotify New Releases playlist:
http://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/3Yrvm5lBgnhzTYTXx2l55x

That's really helpful. Thanks. Is there a good place to search for public playlists? I'm seeing several results in Google, but wondering if there's a go-to location.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

Not as far as I know. Following an artist on Spotify is not much help either, since it frequently won't notify you about a new release. Or an artist will have multiple new releases and it will just tell you the title of one of them. Good luck finding out what the other thing was! It's really a mess with the way albums come and go, albums being released on multiple labels or the new release just being a remastered version of the album.

You might also want to look at http://app.swarm.fm, which lists new albums and concert dates from artists in your collection.

• Locked thread