Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Catrel Stevens posted:

Haven't seen it, but Death Sentence is supposed to be fun and visceral, and it's an adaptation of the original book Death Wish is based on.

Death Sentence is pretty awesome, but I think he wants the ultimate Revenge film: Rolling Thunder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Joe Don Baker posted:

Holy poo poo this film looks amazing. If only Netflix has it. I will buy it purely on your recommendation.

I promise you: You will not regret this at all. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it.

Edit: QT loves it so much he named his releasing company after it and the acuna boys after characters in the movie.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

bad movie knight posted:

I've been watching some minor gems from the '70s, including Looking for Mr. Goodbar, Shivers, Ms. .45 and Badlands. Any other recommendations for overlooked/underrated/flawed-but-good horror/thriller/sci-fi flicks from that decade?

Good lord - you can spend a lifetime watching those -

Galaxy of Terror (Cameron's first unofficial film), Star Crash, Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia, The Glove, Hausu, Poor Pretty Eddie AKA Redneck County Rape, No Way Out, etc.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

bad movie knight posted:

Thanks! I'm stocking up my Netflix queue with those I can find.

Next up are the other early Cronenbergs I haven't seen -- namely, Rabid and The Brood.

While you're at it - grab The Losers AKA Nam's Angels - it's not a sci-fi/thriller but it's a hell of a flick.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Could CineD recommend me some musicals?

Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Hustle & Flow
Jesus Christ Superstar
Sholay
Fear of a Black Hat

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Barry Lyndon only used natural light in that one scene. Most of it is lit normally just dimmer to try to mimic natural light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

The Stunt Man has a ridiculous WW2 movie being made with the Jitterbug being done on the wing of a bi-plane.

• Locked thread