Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Serious Michael posted:

I'm shipping off to the Navy in 28 or so days and after basic is Sub school. What are the best submarine movies to psyche me up and/or scare me shitless?

Below will probably do one of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Can someone recommend me stylish movies that have the type of clothes/vibe as A Single Man, or the show Mad Men? I guess early 60s would be it. Preferably dramas.
Far From Heaven is the obvious one.

oceanside posted:

So, I've been watching The Unit lately and marvelling in the cool secrecy that surrounds their existence and stuff. Are there any movies with covert operations, preferably by some sort of special/elite forces.
Spartan, also by David Mamet.

QueenOfTheEyesores posted:

I'm trying to find a lesbian movie that isn't a) entirely depressing or b) just sex. Help?
Bound is pretty decent.

lindramine posted:

I'm looking for some good (for me) vampire movies.
Thirst, by Chan-Wook Park.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

xThrasheRx posted:

I am looking for movies that has that dreamlike feeling,

some examples are:

Mulholland Drive
Dune
The Fountain
Donnie Darko
Blade Runner
Apocalypse Now

there are probably a lot more examples that I have seen but I would appreciate tips to these kind of movies :)

Dreamlike is pretty vague, but fortunately for you there are recommendation websites that are equally vague: http://www.allmovie.com/explore/tone/dreamlike-1304

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Jolo posted:

The Net?

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

timeandtide posted:

I'm looking for haunted house and ghost stories; ones I've seen are the obvious, like The Shining, Poltergeist, Amityville, House on Haunted Hill (both versions), and The Fog.

I just realized that while I've seen quite a few slashers, giallo, movies with demons, etc. but not all that many actual haunting related films.

The Haunting, The Changeling, Carnival of Souls, Dark Water, The Eye, Sweet Home, The Ring, Seance, Pulse, Ju-on: The Grudge, Beetlejuice, Candyman, The Woman in Black, The Uninvited (1944), Ghostwatch, the Ghost Stories for Christmas series, The Stone Tape, Paranormal Activity, Kill Baby Kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Two Finger posted:

Easy one guys... Crime films, please.
I've seen The Untouchables, Godfather 1, The Departed, just about to watch Chinatown... tell me some that are well worth watching.

City of God, High and Low, Memories of Murder, The French Connection, Clockers, Cop Land, Get Carter, Serpico, Le Doulos, Gomorra.

• Locked thread