Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
Just popping in to show love for Brother in general. I've worked with a number of them and they're pretty solid machines, with some of the more reasonable consumable costs out there.

I just picked up a MFC 9010 (color laser multifunction) for an absolute steal when the Staples up the street wanted to get rid of their floor model that was never even hooked up for demo (<10 page count, 100% toner levels confirmed when I got it home) and it's impressed me quite a bit so far. Color isn't quite photo quality, but if you use the highest settings and glossy laser paper it's more than good enough for flyers/data sheets/brochures. Better than I was expecting for a relatively entry-level color laser.

I was actually looking to buy that model when I went in for $349 and it would have been well worth it, so $39.50 was just a huge loving bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006

Gromit posted:

My boss has asked me to get some quotes on a colour laser printer for around US$2000-2500. I've looked online and got a list of 4 units from HP, Fuji Xerox and Dell with reviews and prices.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations of what to take a look at or avoid in this price range. It doesn't have to do anything crazy, just the normal duplexing, networked, A4/Letter, 500-sheet feeder blah blah blah.
I figure at this price point I'd get all that as standard, as well as 30+ ppm.

It won't be seeing massive workloads, and it should fit on a normal desk as opposed to being a wheeled behemoth.

I've worked with a few Xeroxes in that range and they were pretty good. Personally I don't think HP gets good until a little higher end than that, but some people might feel differently.

• Locked thread