Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

their good as heck but they're remains are toxic waste that you need to get the hell out of ur place asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
hey fellow posters im moving soon and im getting a catte

im gonna adopt one from the local shelter so i figure i'd ask the toxoplasmosis thread to help me pick one

this site, apart from a flashback to TYOOL 1998, show the list of available cattes. Preferably one that say "Steriel: ja" so i dont have to get it spayed: http://www.dierenasielgent.be/products.asp?language=nl&productgroupid=3&subgroupid=60014

its six weeks before i move so a lot of those kitties will be dead by then, so update regularly!

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

thats the saddest thing ive read in a while and now i dont want to play this game

its sad but that's what happens at animal shelters

in the US there's some sort of distinction between animal shelters and kill shelters, right? well not here. all animal shelters are kill shelters. its too bad but as long as idiots dont spay/neuter their pets thats whats gonna happen

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
im probably gonna get an old an ugly one (birth dates are listed) as long as it's healthy and not too mean

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Josh Lyman posted:

two cattes.

you're going to adopt two cattes.

idunno seems like a lot of trouble esp. because im going for older ones that may not be accustomed to other cattes being around

also can we please quit the :qq: about kill shelters and focus on the fact that i'm trying to save one of them from getting killed instead of all of them getting killed?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Shifty Pony posted:

if you ask around you may be able to find cattes that came in as a pair.

yea they got like 6 cats from the same guy who was neglecting them

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
also forget the spayed/neutered requirement, i just remembered that my little sister is a vet and i can get any animal snipped for free

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Josh Lyman posted:

2 cattes is strictly better than 1 catte

im just scared of that sitch where theres one hella swole catte eating all the other cat's food and bullying it and stuff :(

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Radio! posted:

cats that are hard for shelters to find homes for:

FIV+
bonded pairs
old dudes
black (this might not be true in Europe?)
missing bits (eg Refurb, Gilbert)

yeah maybe the black thing is true, at least ive never ever seen a white cat at a shelter except maybe if it was missing some legs and eyes

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

mod sassinator posted:

oh man, so i'm working on this purr detecting collar and i think it will actually work. i built it up to detect a 440hz tone right now since it's easy to generate and it works perfectly. next step is to get it on a collar and tune it for carmen's purr frequency--somewhere around 100hz.
purr range is usually 25-150 Hz, same as a diesel engine

the problem in detecting that is that lots and lots of stuff resonates at that frequency, so you'd probably need some waveform analysis to accurately measure it which excludes really any affordable single chip and puts you into linux territory

catte compuetrs

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i just thought of something: what if u had a cat with a human sized dong??? like in the morning its all excited and jumps on yr bed with a big veiny throbbing hardon and rubs it all over u?

i think it would be weird

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
T -25 days for catte selection

might still go for a kitten tho bc of cuteness before it turns into a creature that would leave instantly if it wasn't for the food

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

so dangel

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
goddam that is one photogenic cat

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

the helicopter part is the best

the best is the books serving as a fort, one of which is something about dating

i hope it says on page one to go outside instead of making halfway funny vids

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
think the cat thread is the best place for this: i just found this cute lil fucker in my home

what do i do with it? i know the reasonable thing is to kill it bc its a pest but it prolly wandered in here from somewhere else (first time ive ever seen one + never found droppings or chewed-on food)

it looks old enough to look after itself so just put it somewhere outside i guess?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

uh isnt that a gerbil

unless you live in mongolia thats not a natural pest

im not 100% sure tbh, looks a lot like a plain old baby mouse to me but i guess it could be something else

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
heres more lil fucker pics

puttin he butt on the oatmeal i so generously gave him, shameful

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

El Gar posted:

put it back outside wild rodents will literally die of a heart attack from fear if you handle them too much (which can sometimes mean handle them at all)

yea u might be right i put him outside and he didnt look happy or active at all

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
hey yospos i got a cat from the shelter. its 9 weeks old and doesnt have a name, it likes to hide in the backside of the oven

thx for reading

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
catte ate solid food + made a poo for the first time since i got her, way to go catte, i was beginning to worry

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
jazz hands :3:

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
made that a bit smaller but i still suck a lot at gifs

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

im dyieying

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
goddammit kitty wont eat right. ever since i got her she's only eaten a single bowl of dry food (that i wetted a bit) and apart from that all she wants is hand fed treats, and today she had a bunch of cat milk that i had to feed her with a pipette. calling my sister this evening to see what's up.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
soo kitty was doing really bad this morning, completely catatonic, so i got an emergency appointment at the vet. turns out her vaccinations and sterilization were waaaayyy too close from eachother and she had mad internal infections giving her a 40.6° fever (38° is normal). he gave her two shots and half an hour later she was fine, eating, all running around the house n poo poo

now i have the pleasure of giving her antibiotics for the next 6 days and sticking a thermometer up her bum twice a day. seemed easy enough at the vet's but that's when she was all lethargic, i bet its gonna be fun when she's her old hyperactive self

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
cat's fever is completely gone!

but i think something in our relationship has changed forever because i stuck something up her butthole

o i also noticed in her vaccination booklet that she's got a name: cloe. maybe i'll just keep that one.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

devmd01 posted:

associate the pills with treat time. We give pepper half an allergy pill twice a day, and shes about as cooperative as a cat can be when it comes to giving one a pill, because afterwards is PUMP-kin!

it's droplets, vet advised to mix it with some cat milk, and if that doesn't help she can have a little sugar, esp bc it would help her build up some strength and it's not something she chews so it wont gently caress up her teeth

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

if that aint a healthy kitty i dont know what is

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
uh i got a less fun new cat owner story: cloe licked up (i think) some of the liquid in the anti-mosquito thingy and puked up a storm on the carpet. i checked it out and it's not lethal but she'll be sick for a few hours :(

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

mix hot sauce and water rub cord with mixture

thx for this protip, doing this for all 220v chords in the house

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
ccs: just gave cloe her medicine, she hates me now and is hiding on a chair under the table in that spot where she thinks i cant see her but actually her butt moves the table cloth

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
cloe met piņa the dog today and didnt freak the gently caress out this time

then chilled out in the sun for a bit

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
2/3 of the times when im petting cloe she starts vigorously licking her vajayjay whille purring & kneading and frankly i think its indecent and getting out of hand

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
GODDAMMIT CLOE STOP FUKKEN MASTERBATING IN MY LAP

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
cloe no dont sit there :ohdear:

thats better

newreply.php fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 21, 2013

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

mod sassinator posted:

you are a brave man to have a nice turn table like that out for the cat to reach. if it were my cat, that belt would be gnawed apart and the needle scratched completely off

i gotta say cloe's been really nice to all the nerd poo poo i have around the house. a simple "ksssh!" is usually enough to get the point across. i gave her a good scruffing for jumping on the speaker though bc that poo poo wont fly once she's >2 pounds heavy

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
cloe likes sitting on the windowsill and look at birds and cars passing by

not as much as she like belly rubs though

bonus blurry action pic just because im happy she's healthy again

LIFTOFF!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
just got back from the vet for cloe's shots, gave her a big ol' beef treat, i dont care if she'll have stinky farts for 2 days i love my cat :3: