Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club
drat. I just found this place. I better get some pics together. I got a lot of cat pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

how-everyone-knows-i-own-a-cat-without-asking.jpg

That's why I try to hand my clothes as quickly as possible. Mine you, 24 years of living with cats and I still haven't learn. Nor has my mother.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

This is Stripes. He is 15 years old. Yes. 15. He is old. Believe it or not, the vet thought he was 8. This cat is going to live well into his 20's.

So, what's his secret to staying young you ask? Well, an healthy diet. Active lifestyle. Oh a boy toy.

This is Henry. 5 years ago Stripes came home with this cat. Henry was a shy, timid, and skinny as hell. He ran in, ate as much food as he could than ran out. Stripes didn't mind. He was the one who invited him over. Believe me, Stripes invited him. Many cats try to entre our house/fire escape, Stripes has beaten the poo poo out of them all. Anyway. It turns out Henry was our neighbours cat. Our neighbour is not sane. She would have her AC on full blast year round, she never feed him, she would up and leave for weeks on end, either locking Henry in the cold basement apartment OR outside (summer or winter). Over time Stripes would bring Henry home to stay for the night during those days he was locked out. He slowly grew to trust us and he started to stay as long as possible. Still he was never really our cat, we often stayed outside during the summer due to his fleas. He had some serious trust issues thus he would often attack us when he felt threaten and he didn't gain weight. He was polite and made sure to say thank you. He really was grateful for sleeping over or to have a meal. Yet, like I said, he never was truly our cat. We sort became foster parents, we loved him but he wasn't ours. One day our neighbour just disappeared. "Moved" so the rumors were. So my mother and I took him in for good. We had no choice, Stripes was in love with him. Henry no longer attacks us, is vocal, listens when we call him, gain weight, a little pushy, will take over half of your bed space but most importantly, he keeps Stripes young.

Yes. He is an interesting cat indeed.

Fixed! Go me! Thanks for the help!

DrNewton fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 25, 2013

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Radio! posted:

when you have enough cats eventually it gets to the point where your clothes come out of the washing machine still with cat hair on them/woven into their very fabric

I was buying black pants the other day for a job. I was barely at the cash and already I somehow got cat hair on it.

Saint Darwin posted:

timg so we can see them plx

What timg?

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Eggplant Wizard posted:

ftfy

if you link from imgur and use the "thumbnail" size option be sure to choose "linked bbcode" or whatever. it's better to just paste the normal size imgur link in and the forums will automatically make it [img] and then you change that to [timg] and tadah all done

personally i like to use the linked middle size imgur ones because sometimes timgs of huge pictures take a long time to load

Let's try this.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Awwww. Pet dat kitty.

I am trying to film Henry play his favourite game. Still trying to figure out my dslr. :)

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

TheQat posted:

no papi you can't go on my wife's trip with her

Stripes wanted to go to Montreal and watch the F1 race last year.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Golden-i posted:

holy poo poo I'm amazed that you have a functional gameboy camera

It's actually a cellphone pic taken really really late at night with very limiting lighting.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

quadpus posted:

Right as I was posting those she started having a seizure. At the vet now. Hopefully just needs some adjustment to her insulin but I dunno

Never had this happen before. Fuckityfucjguck

D: Every cat owners nightmare. I am thinking of you. Hope she gets better soon.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

more ash floof and stare

Why do you take so many pictures of me! Stop it! It's creeping me out. - Ash.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Dr. Honked posted:

charlie and miggins have a friend who visits them regularly

That fox has this "one day. One day I will eat you" look on its face.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Alright goons, admit it, you do this. :}

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

this thread is the only thing i have to look forward to anymore

Yup. and I have two cats. :/

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

I stayed home today. I have no excuse. I am long over due with cat pictures. Henry had fun modeling. After he had enough he attacked my camera, than my face.

Stripes can not be found at the moment.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

ulilileeloo dallas posted:

my sister and i have at separate points in time occupied the same bedroom and we both agree that sometimes at night you look up at the doorway and feel a little...off. we agree that it feels like something/someone just out of sight in the darkness of the hallway, somebody is staring at you.

she told me when i moved into her old bedroom and i didn't believe it, but a week later i adopted faraday and he took to coming to bed with me. on one such night i had that weird unsettled feeling and sat up in bed. faraday was upright on his hind legs, tail frizzed out, just staring at the doorway :tinfoil:

:O Cattes and Ghosts. Two things I love, even better in one story.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

I have 18 photos of Stripes. Hold on Tight. This is going to be a cute ride.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

fuzzy, purring crash bars lock into place

Sweet. Going to order dinner, than comes the pictures! Friday Night party!

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Stripes is not very good at modeling.

Because he believes that human hands should be used for pets, not taking photos.

Happy Kitty

Even hours later.

We had a sudden heat wave.

So I brushed Stripes.

Lots of Fur

After the brush, he went back to sleep.

DrNewton fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 1, 2013

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Golden-i posted:

last one for the night, I promise

"LET ME OUT OF HERE" - Refurb

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

woodch posted:

Finally got Sam's ill-fitting meow on camera. He's a big cat with a tiny squeak for a voice. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4lHvuh8g9k

What a cute little mew.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

I don't know how bad those fires are. Yet if I knew I had to get out quick, I would grab my cat case, stuff my two cats in it, put my pet rat in my pocket, grab my money and ID and run.

I know poo poo can get bad fast but I would never leave my pets behind. You wouldn't leave granny who can't walk. Or a baby who depends on others to care for it. These pets are family, either you take them with you or you're just an another human being who really thinks human race is above all other animals.

/End rant

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Funhilde posted:

I don't think any of these animals were left behind but many of the people are living in a high school gym- not really conducive to having 100s of animals with 100s of stressed out people. It is more like a temporary living situation.

From their FB page-

This fire was unbelievably fast moving too and actually there are 4 fires raging.

That is completely different story than. It just bothers me when there are people who have time to take their pets with them and just don't. Not saying every case is the same, like one person mention, huge floods, being recused, have to leave pet behind. Still, with cases like fires, you often (not always) have a few minutes before you need to get out. Enough to tell you cat tough poo poo bro, your in that cat carry.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

My mother is growing her own catnip. I think I may pick up some and give it to the cats. It's one of those "we're stuck inside all day" days and I KNOW they will get bored fast. Pics or video hopefully to come.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

It looks like a Bengal Cat, but that's like a super crazy expensive rare rich people breed.

Or in my neighbor case, find one in Mexico with a bunch of babies.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Need more catte pics.

Please and thank you.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Sneaking Mission posted:

don't say catte.

Cat, kitty, kitten, whatever. I need more pictures.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

devmd01 posted:

last pepper pictures for two weeks fyi so dont get concerned :)

It's going to be a long two weeks.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

I know my two boys are not very popular but a few pics of cats is better than no pics of cats.

Stripes loves to sleep in puzzle boxes.

He really does love them.

Oh look, the pet rat wants her pic taken too.

Back to Stripes

What's this?

Is this a 10/10? Lets take a better look.

Hmmmm... I can kind of see his tail .... I vote 9/10. What do you think?

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

graph posted:

someone go get this cat

Someone go get all the cats.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

ChairmanMeow posted:

I dig stripes. I give him a 10

Actually that one is Henry. Stripes is the puzzle box cat :P

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

PipeRifle posted:

I hope I'm not out of line here but irresponsible pet owners make me mad as heck

Are you kidding me? Reading this made me want to find that cats owner and give them a good kick in the knees.

To make you feel better. Here are to cats being lazy on a humid day.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Xanthine posted:

ahHHHHHHHHHH so this cat recently gave birth, was allowed outside and had a massive sore on her neck while being choked by her collar? i can't with people

edit: just to be clear i don't think allowing cats outside is a problem in most cases but holy poo poo she just gave birth

She most likely went out to get water and maybe food because i doubt they are taking proper care of her.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

tehloki posted:

guys i think i am gonna get that pretty tortie catte at the SPCA that loved me

what do i need other than a carrier

also what kind of carrier should I get

Will the shelter be open on Monday since it is a holiday in Canada land? If so, get that amazing catte the moment the place opens. If not, be up first thing, Tuesday morning.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

tehloki posted:

guys im getting a catte tomorrow
a catte of my very own

im excite

I was about to post "Hey TehLoki, did you get the cat yet?!"

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh come on I just set that shirt down. She's on it in less than 3 seconds.

My cats are like that too. I swear the moment some bit of clothes is down, there is a cat on it. Can they sense this?

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Need another Nerd update. I need more catte pics. Keep posting your pro cattes. :)
Then pet them.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

tehloki posted:

i caught nerd starting to scratch the couch so i gave her one of those things with the catnip in them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIDLOX8CcBM

she likes it

good kitty

Nerd update. \o/ She seems to like the new scratchy thing. You're a good owner. :)

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Radio! posted:

you picked a good kitty :3:

No, a good kitty picked him.

morcant posted:

I have no catte of my own, so I must visit the cattes of others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMrJ6NpuXhQ

and pette them in silence

That catte is a pro catte. Love how much he loves your pets.

DrNewton fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

El Gar posted:

how is everyones cats doing? i just wanna say i like them all: all the cats.

Henry and Stripes are enjoying the nice weather. Spending as much time outside as possible. Henry is being difficult, for he won't come in when we call him. Often coming home at 12 - 1 am. Both are not happy when it rains. Yesterday it was raining but we still had the window open. Stripes kept going to the window, sticking his head out, get wet, than run off. After a few minutes he thought "maybe the rain is gone now" and tried again. After 3 rounds he started to meow at us. I think he wanted us to stop the rain. O.o

Cats.