Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

hbag posted:

bob's breed is
uh

orange

Bob looks like a domestic longhair orange tabby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
also, hi. I heard y’all like cats:

That’s Oreo. She really likes laying on me when I’m laying down.

These are my old kittens. Misschief is on the left and Raiju is on the right.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

I believe Rosie's scientific classification is "huge fat dumple"

Meyer's is "cozy"

:swoon:

Dumple is an amazing word, and describes that cat perfectly.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
I’m so sorry for your loss Deathslushie. RIP Noodles.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

VelociBacon posted:

I've been told the cat thread in yospos is a cool and good place to post my cat. I hope this is the thread.

Quill is 12 weeks old and I just took her today for her second round of vaccinations. She did really well at the vet and barely noticed anything even happened:

But an hour or so later she started to give me looks like this

and now she's just feeling lovely and holding her favorite toy and resting, and getting lots of affection and comforting pats

That is the most adorable child cat.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

That is Pip, whose main sleeping spot seems to be the dining room chairs while they’re pushed under the table.

That’s Raiju again, acting like he owns my pillow. (I have so many cat pictures)

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 5, 2021

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

A lovely homecoming. As you might imagine, it was dinnertime, or else Oreo wouldn’t sit that close to another cat.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

hbag posted:

bobposting

he's trying to eat his own tail or something

He’s so beautiful and fluffy :swoon:

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

vortmax posted:

if only I could be so grossly incandescent

her brother got the front light to her backlight

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
I’m currently at the e-vet for one of my cats, so in honor of my dumbass, have a picture :

He’s a dirty chair-thief.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Vet said dumbass is okay and that it’s probably just an URI, (and kindly did not call me out for being an over anxious mess) and that he’s probably fine especially since the chonk comes running at the mention of food. (He’s currently ~22 lbs and that’s *after* losing some weight).

That is as of ~5 minutes ago, after dinner. He’s dozing now.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

I’m becoming a bed for multiple cats, apparently

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Those are Oreo’s clothes now I guess

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
All these cats are absolutely perfect.

Happy gotcha day!

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Hi, I know I’m more of a lurker than a poster in this thread but I wanted to share a picture of Mischief who passed away this morning:

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

neongrey posted:

Sleep well, Mischief; with a name like that I can only conclude that you were the most excellent of cats.

She was a very good cat.

BobHoward posted:

mischief looks like they were a wonderful catte DreamingofRoses, please feel welcome to post more about mischief if sharing memories helps you grieve. it's always tough to lose a cat.

Thank you. Her brother, Raiju (who is still alive), and her have been with my family for 15 years. My parents got them as kittens while I was away at college but Mischief chose me as Her Human for some reason. She got me through the divorce of my parents, the loss of my mother, the loss of my grandmother, and the loss of another one of my cats named Midnight. She was a wonderful pain in my rear end and my best friend and I’ll miss her so much.

Bonus: her telling her brother exactly what she thought of him taking her seat:

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 20, 2023

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

You say "Mischief," but all I'm seeing is "never did a thing wrong in her whole life." I'm very sorry for your loss, but thank you for sharing her with us.

My mom named her that when she was a kitten. She was a perfect angel as an adult and in fact was very helpful:

Thank you all for letting me spam the thread with my cat.

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 20, 2023

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Bandire posted:

yeah thank you for sharing Mischief with us, but now that you've broken the seal please post all current and future cats

I think I can do that. Here’s my current roster:

Raiju (the aforementioned brother/Mischief’s littermate) - old man and pain in my rear end

Oreo - community cat/stray that I’m working on bringing indoors full time. Neurotic, showed up in our backyard one day in like 2018 with kittens in tow (you’ll see one of them later). Likes to nap on me.

Pip - Oreo’s kitten all grown up. Also working on getting him indoors full-time. Sweet boy.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Kullik posted:

He helped change the sheets today.
Got a vet appt tomorrow morning so wish him the best of luck.

Good luck Beep! Good job with those sheets!

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

BobHoward posted:

an oreo community cat! and what a pretty one, too

we have an oreo hanging around here too, she's probably related to alfred and abby (was TNR'd at the same time, but released instead of adopted to me because she was too wild)

i wish this oreo was more interested in being near humans, she's a really pretty cat and seems quite nice but just does not want to be close to people at all, also doesn't seem to like hanging out too near other community cats

My Oreo was TNR’d at first too, then she showed up on my window sill yelling to be let in.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

He just wants to be part of the celebration! (I am very impressed).

Beep continues to be a very good cat.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Did someone say sunbeam naps?

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Laying down during my lunch break was clearly a mistake:

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

As a fellow old-cat haver: it’s good that you and Jet have made it so lang together. He loves you, you love him and that will stay with you no matter what. Please give him an extra big hug, if he likes them, from me and mine and continue to enjoy your time with him.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
An old man enjoying some porch time in the sunshine

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Poor Jet, I hope the vet has something to help him.

Hi Ms. Starry! it’s good to see you out and about

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Pollyanna posted:

he’s sniffing his kibble and is clearly hungry, but he’s just not taking the plunge. maybe he’s too traumatized from the nausea or gi discomfort to eat.

edit UGHHHH finally we have kibble sign. I guess the meds are working. even played with da bird a little.

Good job Jet!

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/RS5eVFd.mp4

I am going to be on this couch forever, I have been forbidden from moving:

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Pollyanna posted:

jet’s actively wasting away, and any remaining treatment options will set off his heart failure. there isn’t much left we can reasonably do now and waiting around is just going to lengthen his suffering.

i’ll be saying goodbye in a bit.

I’m so sorry Pollyanna. Jet was a good cat.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
so much leg

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
playtime

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
yay Lump! that’s a long trip.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Raiju, my 15 year old 20 lbs cat, has suddenly learned to wake me up by jumping up on the bed and then jumping up on me

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
look at all these amazing cats.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Pip having a great time:

A literal miracle (Oreo doesn’t get along with anyone):

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Radio! posted:

BIRTHDAY BOY!!!!!!

he doesn't know it yet but i bought him a 100 pack of spring toys for him to lose immediately under the fridge

What a handsome man and a spiffy bowtie! Happy Birthday!

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
It’s nap time everywhere apparently

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

mr Scoop posted:

Rosie had a bad reaction to the anesthetic during her dental surgery. she went into cardiac arrest and couldn’t be resuscitated. The house feels so empty now. goodbye girl, you will be missed

I’m so sorry mr Scoop. RIP to a sweet cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Come on Nargle, you can do it!