Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
hello yospos i like your cattes, here are my cattes

Luna likes to go places she maybe shouldn't

and also to help fix computers

Toby mostly does this

this has been some cattes, i hope you liked them too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
is it rub that catte belly? I do that but he doesn't like it very much. then I do it more.

the black one is Rex, he was a pro catte that I was fostering. last I heard he was climbing the drywall in his new home.

Toby and Luna are codependent

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

fork bomb posted:

the correct answer is "tong dat cat"

it's nice to see you here EW, keep posting dem cats

I... I don't own any tongs. :ohdear:

noooo luna not the shredder

too late :(

:( no more kitten

WAIT

SHE'S OK FOLKS

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Armadillos! posted:

I gift to you the name 'Fiesta Mango' if you wish to use it :3:

This is a procat name

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
This adorable funky little dude has appeared in the PI cat & kitten thread:

Cpaka posted:

lookit him scrunchy eyeball :3:

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
catte stories

Got new litter because Toby has asthma. Luna peed in the sink while I was brushing my teeth :(

Petted squash-face longhaired tortie the other day. She was rolling around on the sidewalk. Her brother/sister was looking on. Best part? Tie between her lion cut, and both of their inability to put their tongues back in their mouths. :P :P :P I will go to their house on another sunny day and take pictures because so cute

Luna and Rex when they were little

Toby says pew pew

Eggplant Wizard fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 23, 2012

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Resplendent Spiral posted:

if i get a cat i can't decide if it should be a calico, orangecat, tuxedocat, or a siamese

i like chatty cats so maybe siamese!

I really wanted a little calico cat but I ended up with a grey cat and she's pretty greyt

do you see what i did there

anyway, cats are lovely. go by personality, not looks.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

dazjw posted:

friends gave me a cat tree

wanna pick those cat apples

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Here is Luna giving Toby a bath. For a while he was washing himself too. I hope to get a video of Luna taking a bath soon because she is very bad at it and falls over a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GthE9lXgxag

Please pardon the awful background noise. Also this is literally just 1:17 of one cat licking another so don't go in expecting anything too exciting.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Those are kittens with cerebellar hypoplasia. I know I've seen that video before labeled as such.

Kitties who have been anesthetized do walk a bit drunkenly but mostly they sleep and flop over. :3:

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

tinselt0wn posted:

wow way to ruin the video :(

Sorry I didn't mean to :( There are loads of videos of CH cats on youtube and they are totes adorable and can live very happy lives. They are also hilarious.

vvvv that's better

Eggplant Wizard fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 5, 2012

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

that cat is wearing a teddy

hey teddy

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
shoes you say

shoe on head

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
:siren: PI KITTENQUEST 2012 CONTINUES :siren:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3488973

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
that catte has a most jaunty moustache, too

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

graph posted:

there are some pi posters with teddy avs

has teddy been posted in pi ??

teddy is for yospos.

post all cattes everywhere

there is a PYF cats in PYF as well, please feel free to P some F cats.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Dead Man Posting posted:

el chupacattebra

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Someone posted this catte in PYF. Lookit dis fukken catte

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Hamburglar posted:

tyvm

one thing i forgot to mention is at like 6 am he makes these really tiny "test" meows to see if my parents are awake. like just loud enough so that they can hear it if they are awake but not loud enough to wake them up. a catte that's self-aware :3:

edit: can anyone looking at the pics i posted tell me if it looks painful that you can kind of see his bare skin? like the bone is right there, and I am worried he's in constant pain or something, though I doubt it since the only time he cries is when he accidentally jumps off the bed and lands on his stump :(

No, he looks fine. It is a little weird looking I know, but they manage very well at 75% leg capacity. You'd cry too if you landed on the end of your wrist without your hand to distribute the force :)

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Hamburglar posted:

No I totally understand why he'd cry when accidentally landing on it. I was just worried he's constantly in some slight amount of pain just because it almost looks like the skin is being pulled. I am just paranoid I'm sure.

If he were in pain he probably would be hiding, not eating, lethargic, aggressive, or any combination of those. I'm sure he's fine :)

Here is Luna wearing her beeyootiful Christmas apparel. Note her subtle tabby pattern in the grey :3: You can only see it in certain lights.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

snazzy outfit, Dex

oh my god put a sailor hat on him and make him do a jig

please

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

lol

there are a couple problems. the vet said "oh yeah the shirt will keep the gauze in place, you just have to check under the gauze once in a while to make sure the sutures are clean". of course, the gauze is constantly slipping. oh and Lulu is freaking out and hissing at Dexter and I'm afraid she's going to try and attack him. Also, my gal and I are leaving for LA for a few days on sunday and my friend is only able to come by 2 times a day for maybe an hour or so to feed and pay some attention to the two cats. suddenly they might have to be separated. gently caress me. I might have to take him to stay at the vet now for a bit. god damnit.

So long as he has enough food/water/litter/toys, maybe a nice window and a way to get up and look out of it, in his isolation room, it would probably be less stressful for him to be alone at home (minus a couple pets when your friend comes) than for him to go to the vet and be surrounded by scary noises, people & animals, and smells. I hope Lulu chills out but it's understandable because he came home smelling like a hospital, so obviously the body snatchers got him and they'll get her next if she doesn't fight back.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Kwyndig posted:

Haha, no. Most cats are smarter than that, and if you're really THAT concerned you can get him a breakaway collar.

Also, who cares if he kills all the rabbits? If they're not smart enough to avoid a natural predator they deserve to get killed by an adorable furry engine of death.

Uh no it is absolutely a thing and unless you want to find kitty hanging from a tree branch like the rabbits got together and lynched him, a breakaway collar is a much better idea than a traditional one.

I am with you on the rabbits though. If there's a rabbit problem it is partly due to lack of predators, so... Gross to have rabbit bits inside, though.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

beatlegs posted:

whitey came again today

he shows up about twice a day, always hungry and sort of dirty, i don't think he has a home

someone please come here and adopt him he's a pro cat, friendly as hell but I have like a million cats already

looks like there's plenty of room in that yard for another catte to me

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

same

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
moustache time

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
what have i done

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Is this better? :ohdear:

Her name is Lentil and her owner is posting about her a bit in the PI catte questions thread.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

a++ would let that santa sit on my lap

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

fork bomb posted:

EW, i hope you will repost the cream of the P.I. crop for us (since i don't go in there)

i can do this thing. there are many kittens. and they have a plan :awesomelon:

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

those kittens are brothers from other fathers

good going mamma cat your milkshakes bring all the toms to the yard

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Nice!

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
PI sends you kittens

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
no she isn't she's just a member of an awesome club: babby grey kittens

so is my Luna

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
oh p.s. i bought some tongs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06vqSusaxHM

pardon the music, it was all WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH airconditioner noises before so i threw something on there.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

ahhh spiders posted:

is there shakycam correction you turned on for this video on youtube? i'm seeing this weird blurry thing in a lot of recent videos

yes it is i am sorry :(

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

aaaag toby's first gif

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
blind cats can do okay. one eye blind? psh that ain't poo poo for a cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNpeTCEPrRk

eta more oskar now bigger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFIj3Ma-NVI

eta eta oh man i just remembered a blind catte i knew for a little bit when i was volunteering at a rescue. she was soooo sweet. she had already been adopted when i got there but was waiting for her people to move into their new place. they came and visited her most weeks :3: at adoption days (at petco) we'd have the kitties in crates but she would just sit in a little cat bed on a table, hanging out being chill and getting pettes from everyone who came in. she was fine. cattes work mostly by nose and ears so eyes are important but they're not as important as they are to us humans whose other senses suck

Eggplant Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Trig Discipline posted:

can i tumblr it? it's private so idk

oops forgot that might be a problem. publicized!