Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm extremely surprised that indiscriminatly shooting and exploding everything didn't have the desired result.

B, we tried. GTFO and call in the inquisition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Outrail posted:

I'm extremely surprised that indiscriminatly shooting and exploding everything didn't have the desired result.

This except unironically

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Awww yiss Tias is back!

A Where's you cowards' sense of Imperial duty?

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
A, you cowards. poo poo's hosed up, and we helped get it there. What do you think the reaction will be when we come bolting back to friendly lines like a space-bat out of the Warp an have to frantically explain that we unleashed a damned daemonhost and just kinda left it there? The GM says we can destroy it, and no matter the cost we must. The Emperor would demand no less.

Gwaihir posted:

This except unironically

Exactly. Shooting and exploding indiscriminately always works. Eventually.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Gwaihir posted:

This except unironically

I wasn't being ironic. Application of excessive ordinance was my idea :/

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Roll to discover someone is a blank?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
roll to decide whether we shoot ourselves in the head before the daemonhost kills us or before the grey knights purge us

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
"Looks like you're not getting paid, then."
Pray without words
Shoot her in the head

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Quintus doesn't know the meaning of "Back Down". A. I mean, we've got a bunch of random weapons, a tech priest, a disgraced commissar, and some dudes with bayonets. I'd say we're in good shape to charge.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm pretty sure that the Daemonhost situation would be much the same if Quint wasn't present.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
++IT IS BETTER TO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN LIVE FOR YOURSELF++]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3w3XeHpsis&t=58s

ChArge! :black101:

Also, see if we can't persuade some of the daemon-summoning schmucks to realise their mistake and get them to shoot the daemon rather than us. And make sure to stab it with that holy fragment of powersword.

E: Added a link to properly set the tone.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 20, 2016

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Groetgaffel posted:

++IT IS BETTER TO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN LIVE FOR YOURSELF++

ChArge! :black101:

Also, see if we can't persuade some of the daemon-summoning schmucks to realise their mistake and get them to shoot the daemon rather than us. And make sure to stab it with that holy fragment of powersword.

it's a completely round piece of crystallized resin, I doubt you can stab much or many with it :(

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
With the application of sufficient force you can stab pretty much anything with anything. It can get pretty messy but in this case that's less of a bug and less of a feature.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
So while I'm pondering switching from B to A, what resources do we have right now?

Tech Priests are presumably on their way to us, there are stormtroopers and a big nasty mobile turret parked outside that would proooobably shoot a daemon before they shoot us, we have ~*~molotov cocktails~*~ which a friend has told me are stupidly overpowered in the core ruleset Tias is running, an allegedly holy relic with ill-defined protective powers... anything else?

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Aaaaaaaafuck this B we are not paid enough to deal with daemonhosts

Tias
May 25, 2008

poor life choice posted:

So while I'm pondering switching from B to A, what resources do we have right now?

Tech Priests are presumably on their way to us, there are stormtroopers and a big nasty mobile turret parked outside that would proooobably shoot a daemon before they shoot us, we have ~*~molotov cocktails~*~ which a friend has told me are stupidly overpowered in the core ruleset Tias is running, an allegedly holy relic with ill-defined protective powers... anything else?

A grenade launcher, as well as assorted las- and autoguns, you know Ram carries a heavy autorifle of his own design with man-stopper rounds in the clip.

E: I use Only War 1st ed at present, where fire is quite nice, yes.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tias posted:

it's a completely round piece of crystallized resin, I doubt you can stab much or many with it :(

Does it fit into the barrel of the grenade launcher?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Grognan posted:

Does it fit into the barrel of the grenade launcher?

If this is an option it's got me vote.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Outrail posted:

Second.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

Tape it to the front of a High Explosive grenade for maximum holy shard dispersal.

Tias
May 25, 2008

((p4wn DH wins, shard use will be incorporated))

"Looks liaargh younotgettinpaid"

"What's that, mortal?" the creature sneers, the womans rather plain features running down her face in rivulets of warp-desintegrating power.

Keep talking you putrefying skank, you frantically think to yourself, ordering your men around it with clipped gestures.

"Such terrifying.. power" Trantor breathes, dropping to one knee as his muscles threaten to fail him. The other troopers and Jorlban are feeling it too, sweating profusely and gripping their weapons weakly.

Staccato reports sound out as bullets spang off the raised platform and smoking stasis chamber, and the smell of ozone fills the room as lasers join in, before Flavia strikes the creature with a grenade. Momentarily deafened, you try to make out the target, and a bit later you see the, now toweringly tall, beast tear Winfield limb from limb! It’s hard to make out the limbs she does it with, but you grow increasingly certain you should not engage it in melee.

"My liege!" Jorlban cries, then discharges his pistol into the monstrous creatures arm, which only serves to make it angry. It tears off his armor and slashes his abdomen, sending him flying. It turns to you, and suddenly hell gets hold of you: You make the appropriate obeisance to St. Ivar, holding out your charm with his sword sliver, and your voice seems to be supported by a drone from beyond:

St. Ivar of the Holy Wound,
martyr of eldarin blade.
look upon your servant now in battle.
Turn back the mutant insult,
the xenos technology,
the heretical word.
Guard me from the darkness from the warp everlasting.

The daemon stops, a curious yet frustrated expression on its bubbling face. "I'll deal with you later" it growls, apparently unable to approach you.

Suddenly, the wall behind the stasis chamber starts shaking. Either the place is starting to blow, or Ram is nearby. You..

A) .. Make for the wall, Ram or no Ram. It's time to get out, and cut losses. The commissar and the governor are gone, but you'll not lose your friends to this one-woman shitstorm.
B) .. Attempt to order a staggered gun line, bringing it down with weapons fire while trying to hold it at bay using the charm and get Jorlban to safety. No man is left behind.
C) .. Draw your chainsword, order a bayonet charge. Your allies still falter under the unnatural fear exuding from the creature, but perhaps you can rally them.
D) .. ?

((Sorry for the wait, went to a sweat lodge in the rear end end of nowhere, Denmark.

You can vouch to save Jorlban, but the extent of his injury is unclear and it could cost time. You made a spot weakness check: The creature seems to be held in check by the charm for at leasat one turn, and it has the expired body and unnatural hardness attributes, meaning you'll want to use high damage rather than high penetration weapons on it. Also, killing it will take some effort, and you're certain it deals a lot of damage :p ))

Tias fucked around with this message at 11:09 on May 6, 2016

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
B - BRING IT DOWN! :black101: Fire ALL the guns!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
A. Time to go! Grab Jorlban and call in an orbital strike on this thing, now. Use Ram's comms array (he is a tekbro, 'course he has one) to contact the ships in orbit. :supaburn:

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
B

The power of St Ivar compels you.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
B) Lady with the arms, five rounds rapid. :mil101:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

This is fine. Everything is fine.

B

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
B Is a bad idea but it's my kind of bad idea. :black101:

Gotta last long enough to see tech-priests square off against this thing.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

B Aim for the shoulders. It can't rip us apart if it cant move its arms. Also scream like a lunatic because holy poo poo its a daemonhost!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
B except I don't really care about Joriban, so let's also throw grenades at it. Krak grenades if we got them.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Imperial guard doctrine is to bury the foe in bodies while firing as many guns as possible at it. There's no reason that won't work here.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
B is the only answer the guard accepts.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

B

Tias
May 25, 2008

sullat posted:

B except I don't really care about Joriban, so let's also throw grenades at it. Krak grenades if we got them.

Oh, Quint definitely does not, but others might. Make of that what you will :eng101:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Ah gently caress.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Bombs away!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

sullat posted:

B except I don't really care about Joriban, so let's also throw grenades at it.

This. The Guard's duty is to die. Might as well sell the lives of our men as dearly as possible. Time to shoot it until it stops or we go down. The Emperor Protects!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Have we stuffed the holy relic into a bazooka and blown it into the deamonhost yet? Why haven't we done that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

it's completely smooth, you can't really inject it into the monster, and Quint doesn't feel right exploding it.

You're free to suggest touching it to the daemonhost, but since it's already repelled by it, you might piss it off.

• Locked thread