Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Nalla
Swim
Assault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Get the shield, then save for a chainsword or something.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Do as much as you can to look cool (ie volunteer to go along), but as little of putting yourself in harms way as you can for now (ie jumping on a grenade).

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Shield and Laspistol, we can go at the front to provide cover maybe as well?

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Nice writeup, glad we did well (better than I thought).

I say we go artillery hunting, it seems like it has the potential adventure we want :)

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Tias posted:

Thanks, it makes the difference for me, you know :) If any of you have any feedback on the writing itself, my interpretation of the 40K universe or whatever, please come with it. I like the setting and I like writing, so just lay it on me.

Also, keep in mind that with this concept, "adventure" equals danger. There may be rewards in the form of looted exotic gear or extra experience, but it can (and sometimes WILL) mean the odds will be stacked horribly against Quint and then it's lights out.

The life of a guardsman is meant to be a short one, such is the honour of serving the Emperor of Mankind.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Id go for getting in closer/good positions and silently trying to pick them off as quickly and as organised as possible. So part 1 and part 2. Last thing we want is a straggler raising some kind of alarm.

The post below is also a great idea! Ill change my vote to that (or a combo of mine and his, get closer then do what he says)

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 24, 2009

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I dont think that could have gone much better, nice write up.

The day off is a rare blessing here. we should take stock of what items we have and possible see if we can do without some of it. It might be possible to trade for things we need more.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Medic first then sort out gear and scrounge ammo etc if we need it.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Im loving this thread more than I thought, and wish it more frequent, That said I will be eagerly waiting for an update at the weekend :)

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Follow suit and answer like everyone else. This is no time to be a special snowflake.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Whatever the further line of questioning reveals (I have none at the moment) we stick with what we know and go with these guys we have been grouped with already. We have fought with these guys and some of them may even like us, this may help keep us alive.

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Ah ok, thanks for the correction. Hmm lets do Spec OPs please :)

• Locked thread