Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

See their strength; see how easily you fall to their muscle and skill.
Woah, just read this and it is realy cool so far Tias.

Blade_of_tyshalle's plan sounds good, but wouldn't It be better for Zetkin and Hax to start shooting the fireteam rather than the artillery crew fron a differet angle after the frag grenade has gone off since the artillery crew are distrated and are an artillery crew while the fireteam pose the higer risk?

also a question: The hivebound trait, does this eventualy wear off or at least have a lower effect after time since Zetkin will be spending quite a lot of time outside? Or is he bound to forever be a terrible agrophibic, reduced to jelly when he sees the sky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

wjs5 posted:

Kallor, I think you might have misread 2 are attacking the pdf and 2 are attacking the gun crew. If the gun crew didnt get attacked they could help out, I would hate to get hit by a basilisk round in direct fire mode =/

I think I assumed that all 4 of them were going to be too close for the Basilisk to launch an artillery shell at them. But if thats not true, then definatly take out the crew asap. No guardsman wants an artillery shell fired straight to the face. :smith:

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

That all seemed to work realy well. Especially for Atrix who seemed to kill at least 3 of the PDF troopers

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Yeah, I was counting the grenade aswell. Plus I know practically nothing about the Dark Heresy rule system. Keep up the cool work, eagarly awaiting updates :)

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

See the medic about getting patched up, and prehaps trying to blag some medical supplies? Then if theres time see about buying/selling gear.

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Arn't Adepts mean't to be intelligent, wise and benevolent, always willing to help a sickly guardsman, maybe...

say yes and get some meds :drugnerd: (hopefully)

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Go with the stormtroopers. They have hellguns, thats the poo poo we need

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Cool, lets hope we dont mess up and get caught.

Hows the update coming Tias, hope everythings ok?

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt!

The emperor shall protect us as we aid out comrade (option 2 that is)

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

I would say:
swim, because were storming a beach, and if our transport is hosed we want to be able to make it to land.

As for the 2nd, I dont know what "survival" or "quick draw" actualy confer, but I would say either survival or sound constitution, whichever is going to increase our chance of surviving this assault.

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Ok, I'll say swimming and quick draw since being the fastest gun in the west sounds pretty good

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

suffer not the alien (technology) to live

Faith in the Emperor is all we need to withstand any strange weapons, head for the east beach

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

MohawkSatan posted:

Another vote for the East Beach. We kill them, take thier strange weapon, kill MORE OF THEM using the weapon, then hand the weapon to the Commissar for destruction.

Touch not foul technologies, they are blasphemies against the Emperor and the Machine God. For these traitors to show such contempt for the Emperor by using such things is to prove that thay are truly heretics of the worst degree. We will show no mercy while they live and the Emperor will turn away from their souls in death.

Edit:
Fear is Naught, for my Faith is Strong
Recite the Litany of Fear, then get closer and take that fucker down.

Kallor fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 29, 2009

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

My favourite bit of fluff is that Commissars shoot Guardsmen with the idea that, if the soldiers are more terrified of the man in the hat than they are of the actual enemy, they'll readily throw themselves into the charnel maw of battle just to get away from a certain death at the hands of the Commissar.

Commissars got nothing on Psykers.

loving hide.

You obviously haven't been reading your Uplifting Primer guardsman, The punishment for Cowardice in the face of the enemy (along with practically every other crime) is death. And we've got a commissar up our rear end :commissar:

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Better start praying:
The Emperor is our guiding light,
A beacon of hope for humanity in a galaxy of darkness

As we serve Him,
He is our greatest Servant.

As we pray to him,
His thoughts are only for us.

And in the dark where shadows threaten,
The Emperor is with us,
In spirit and in fact.

(oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo)

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

kill all heretics, hows that update tias?
also your avatar freaks me the gently caress out :pwn:

wahts it ment to be?!

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

:lol: nice

But I still think wtf every time I see it

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Hell yes, not dead, but I noticed that we seem to have only 1 wound left.

How did the dice fall for us if you don't mind?

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Going to go with the croud here and say Rear echelon. Even the Emperor's most courageous need time to rest if they are to smite the enemy to their full capacity

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

I think we should probably kill them all in a horribly unnessessary massacre, the whole planet turned from the embrace of the emperor, ergo everyone is guilty.

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

if youre on a computer where your password is cookied, doesn't it autofill when you go to change password part of your control panel so you can change it (or at least it does for me), hth

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Just caught up on the updates I'd missed, awesome writing and events Tias

As an aside, is there anywhere where old SA CYOAs are collected without having to trawl the archives?

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

well, no use saying anything but unknown route

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

plasma pistol value: 4,000

stuff we might want:

armor
carapace: awesome but expensive
(there's also mesh armor which is between flak and carapace, but its heathern alien tech, although it can be of imperial manufacture I think)
more flak armor like a flak cloak or flak gauntlets, handy and not as expensive

weapon stuff
extra grip no one handed wield penalty, but half the range
Telescopic sight greater accuracy for long range poo poo OR,
red dot sight bonus for single shot firing

Grenades, besides the usual frag and krak:
blind a lot of smoke and chaff and anti-IR stuff; a superpowered smoke grenade
Halucinogen gently caress with the minds of your enemies
photon flash super flashbang

Drugs!, especially Stimm, which would allow us to negate the effects of damage, stunning and crits for a few rounds

other awesome poo poo
IR goggles heat vision
photo visor better vision in low light (so long as there is a light source)
recoil gloves no one hand wield penalty
Auspex better detection for better planning and avoiding nasty poo poo
Magnoculars basically binoculars, would allow better observation and planning
stummer cancels the noise of a small group, allowing better sneaking

there's more but I just thought that stuff might be useful.

also some brass knuckles, since they're light and easily concealed and if we lose our melee weapon they could be a life-saver

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

For implant's and bionics, it might be worth waiting until we actually need them (if we ever do). Would be less than useful if our shiny new mechanical upgrade was blown to hell in combat and we had to get a new one.

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

we need more love for the drugs, a dose each of 'Slaught, Stimm and Kick could save our lives when our fragile guard body isn't enough. Out of the 3 I would definitely go with the stimm.

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Morham posted:

The Medkit contains like 6 doses of stimm :)

Didn't know that. All the better though, since we don't need to spend money on it then.

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

I would say try and find out some more info about what were going to be doing, or see if we can find someone with some previous experience of fighting orks and pick up some tips on how best to fight them

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Puistokemisti posted:

Ciphers (War Cant) [100 XP]
Common Lore (Imperial Guard) [100 XP]
Common Lore (Imperium) [200 XP]
Common Lore (War) [200 XP]

Can someone with the book explain what these actually do?
Since we seem to be getting all orders in low gothic anyway, what use is knowing war cant and why are those two lores so much more expensive.

They can also help with identifying items and other things things, so Quint wouldn't be able to tell a chimera from a basilisk without the appropriate lore knowledge for example.

Edit
I looked it up and:
Common Lore (Imperial Guard): basic info on ranks, structure and logistics of the guard & common tactics and strategies
Common Lore (Imperium): some knowledge of the sectors, segmentums and well known worlds
Common Lore (War) : famous battles, commanders, heroes and startegems
Ciphers (War Cant): able to give instructions by hand signals, body language and musical code

as for price, i'm guessing because they offer a bit more than the average guardsman would be expected to know and can be more useful across a range of situations

Kallor fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 11, 2010

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

What rules are you using for artillery Tias, Homebrew? I can't remember seeing any in my books, (but I havent done a full check).

also going to go with sneaking past to the crash site. Unless we were going to assault the orks straight afterwards, I dont think artillerying them is suck as good idea untill we're running away.

EDIT: would it be possible to leave 1 or 2 men, hidden, to radio us if the orks start to move towards the crash site?

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Hope you're ok Tias, still carrying this on?

Kallor fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 17, 2011

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Tias posted:

I'd definitely like to, but everything is sort of going to poo poo.

No matter what I decide, I'll put up an effortpost one of the coming days.

Thats sucks for you, hope its nothing too serious! Even if you don't decide to carry it on it was still bloody brilliant while you were writing and you have been going for over a year.

(I was thinking of maybe doing one of these myself but didn't want to make a competing thread, so if you dont want to go on I might put up a Dark heresy cyoa myself, not sure)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

Dull Fork posted:

Kallor, I have a knack for writing compelling poo poo, but I am absolutely terrible at doing the actual gameplay. If you'd like I'd be happy to help you on any future cyoa :3:

Remora posted:

I've always *wanted* to do a cyoa, but I feel fairly sure I would fall apart under the workload if I did it alone - if you don't mind a third wheel, I could get in on some of that. I'm good at doing crunchy boring poo poo nobody else likes to do, and I have some writing/plotting skills.

Hi guys, thanks for your offers of help, its kinda pursuaded me to go for it. In the process of finishing up a fp right now. CYOA as a psyker, going to be funny when we get posessed in the 3rd post...

• Locked thread