Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I started an animation project and ran into a technical issue that I'm trying to figure out my way around right now. What's the best way to get an animated gif with transparency into a video file with transparency that I can import into, say, Hitfilm Pro or DaVinci Resolve?

I've been using Pyxel Edit to create some animations that I now want to use in my project, and spent half the weekend trying to figure out how to get this done. I got to the point that I'm learning the ffmpeg command line interface to try and make my own script that can batch-convert the gifs.

I'm aware that I could import the frames as png and re-create the animations in Hitfilm/Resolve, but this isn't scalable for the amount of animations that I'll be working with. I'm also aware that since this is my first project like this, I may be trying to pound a square peg into a round hole and am open to any input on workflow changes that may be necessary.

E: figured something out via image sequences

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I hope your next post is telling us you can't post them still because they got picked up! But if not then I'm looking forward to seeing them either way :)