Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Woebin posted:

Tonight I got to describe a person as being "from Circumstances". I don't think there's any other Achewoodism nearly as useful.

"Rough chuckles" is up there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"rough chuckles" and "from Circumstances" are champs, but I am a big fan of "is that sass in the main" and "don't sass me, I'll have you slayed"

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

"Dogg, do not castigate me!"

I also think "You dis my dog, you fluff my hog," like once a week.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Many things that happen to me are described as "pickles on parade"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"From Circumstances" and "rough chuckles" are definitely useful, but I think my all-time winner is "because of a problem," which I use startlingly often.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
For me it's "Guaranteed Honkey-Tonk-Style Blowjob." At home, at work, during my commute, at the farmer's market. Three times a day, easy.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Describing things, such as myself, as being “of gravity”

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

csammis posted:

Describing things, such as myself, as being “of gravity”

I am a dude of gravity and I have at times attempted to wear the bloatee.

I got rid of it because a spider covets.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Cornelius telling Pat to "gently caress Along Now" in one of the gently caress You Friday strips is one of the best ways I've ever seen someone get told to gently caress off in anything ever

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I realize I'm starting to reach here because how broadly applicable can it possibly be, but I have definitely told several people that ribeye is the most nutritious cut of steak

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

drrockso20 posted:

Cornelius telling Pat to "gently caress Along Now" in one of the gently caress You Friday strips is one of the best ways I've ever seen someone get told to gently caress off in anything ever

mirrored by Pat telling that kid to "Go get pegged in a room, supper chunks."

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

"You dis my dog you fluff my hog" comes up surprisingly often and is honestly my anchor to Achewood

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I have used "rough chuckles" at times too, it's a good one. Definitely wake up with "oh no it's today" in my head sometimes, don't think I ever really say it out loud though. Really wishing for an opportunity to call someone "the Hindenburg of entering a room".

Trying to get "our every move is the new tradition" to catch on with my fiancée, but no success so far. Feels like a good motto for building a life together, somehow.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

"You dis my dog you fluff my hog" comes up surprisingly often and is honestly my anchor to Achewood

I'm not going to look it up but you are about to enter a world where tasting my hog is the only activity that exists.

I hope I got it close.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Woebin posted:

Trying to get "our every move is the new tradition" to catch on with my fiancée, but no success so far. Feels like a good motto for building a life together, somehow.

Ah, marriage, The Great Indoor Fight.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Deathlove posted:

Ah, marriage, The Great Indoor Fight.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"plus I got depression" is honestly my most-uttered one sadly

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

similarly, "I'm the guy who sucks"

but then again, I do frequently repeat to myself "you can do whatever you want in life," "bless the baby angel who is in charge of days like today," and also I can't eat peanut butter without thinking about how it has muuuuch tasty calories

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A lot of the ones already mentioned, plus "go to a dungeon," "largely nonsense," screaming "al qaeda!!!!" in a very camp voice, and finally, "____ is a fake idea".

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
I regularly tell my wife "that answer could use some work"

She does not like this.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i like to describe lovely things as "stiff coal"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pastry of the Year posted:

screaming "al qaeda!!!!" in a very camp voice
this one was ruined forever for me by that scene in Crank where Jason Statham steals a taxi by assaulting the driver and shouting "AL QAEDA" and an old lady starts whaling on him with a cane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoD_UPL_9UI

so now I just assume that it's somehow a Jason Statham yell from an otherwise very camp-voiced Rod

edit: cannot believe Crank came out in 2006 that is a goddamn 2003-vintage joke and also movie

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Sucking dick bought this van.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
what we need more of is science

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I deeply empathize with Roast Beef talking about how he can't "be in society" without his lamp. I often use that phrasing.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RELIGION IS MESSED UP

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dunno why but "it will remind him of eternity" any time I'm picking a gift out for someone. Just love the idea that people might need to reminded about eternity.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

theironjef posted:

Dunno why but "it will remind him of eternity" any time I'm picking a gift out for someone. Just love the idea that people might need to reminded about eternity.

That’s Todd

I know him

I know Todd

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The end.

No moral!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
From the blessed pictures thread in gbs

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Argh, I can't pull it up in the search. Where is that strip where Pat is railing agaisnt people on phones or eating in their car and is like

" ITS NOT A GODDAMN PHONE-RESTAURANT!"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

Argh, I can't pull it up in the search. Where is that strip where Pat is railing agaisnt people on phones or eating in their car and is like

" ITS NOT A GODDAMN PHONE-RESTAURANT!"
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08312005

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Does Pat's bald spot actually look like the symbol of a pagan fertility cult, or was it a vengeful act by a barber?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Halloween Jack posted:

Does Pat's bald spot actually look like the symbol of a pagan fertility cult, or was it a vengeful act by a barber?

It looks like a pinned-on yarmulke.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Made a playlist on YouTube of all of the Radio Achewood tracks I could find. The Lifestyle and Luxxury ones eluded me, so I made some mp3s into mp4s and stuck them up there.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlG05p1MULzGX3ZBGwfDKv1QRnjG3zRA7

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Yesssss, Thank you, friend.

I was thinking of this earlier, when I was eating pork rinds, in my van.

which, according to Ray's Mother, is a very low class type of vehicle

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

First time I noticed the tiny balls on the nader-fish.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Made a playlist on YouTube of all of the Radio Achewood tracks I could find. The Lifestyle and Luxxury ones eluded me, so I made some mp3s into mp4s and stuck them up there.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlG05p1MULzGX3ZBGwfDKv1QRnjG3zRA7

Hell yeah dude. I've been tracking down as many as I can through Archive.org, and that's been an rear end and a half to do so I know how much work this must've taken. Thanks for putting this together.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
When I went to Norway we ended up roped into a trip to Edvard Grieg's house. Nice house, no opinion on his music, but I enjoy having context for that particular strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phy posted:

From the blessed pictures thread in gbs

Place is closed. Can't you...

...SEE!