Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
There's something of a dearth of Achewood t-shirts in the store at the moment. I'm thinking of buying one but I'm torn between Téodor Achewasser and Dude and Catastrophe. The rabbit ambulance one is right out because a news report about the death of a goth girl some months ago featured a picture of her wearing that very shirt. That's kind of tainted it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

A.S.H. posted:

Mr. Bear is an inexhaustible font of quotable wisdom.

God I wish his blog still updated.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Do you think the mouse would have actually floated there? Or would it go all red mouse spray into Philippe's face? The next plot point involves Todd trying the fan trick.

Beef is probably an old hand at this, most likely having done it for entertainment when he was still in Circumstances.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

New strip!

Interesting...a new update format. Seems like we're getting half the strip but in half the time. Could be good for more regular updates I suppose.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

That's a fascinating new art style.

Nice Pete just gained a few more places on the 'things to be terrified of' scale.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Not the mayor!

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

woodenchicken posted:

On one hand, I'm really hyped for the potential Achewood show, on the other hand it makes this imagining of the Gothic tune I just made instantly redundant.
Actually a win-win if you think about it.

I kept expecting the camera to close in Ray's crotch until we got BELA LUGOSI'S DEAD.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Yeesh, Chris has really lost control of Vlad's voice. He's gone from vaguely rustic yet cosmopolitan eastern European to full blown Borat. I did like Feodor's responses though.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Loving Life Partner posted:

I thought this one was peak "language as music" greatness.

I'm not quite sure what 'terrified, asexual forcemeat' means, but I'm pretty sure being mistaken for such must be a horrible way to die.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Worrying about sudden death from unexpected sources is Roast Beef's thing

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

True, you think by now he'd know that it's a time to just relax a little and straight up roast a chicken's ding dong.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

The best Pat moment was when he discovered he was gay, had a genuine opportunity to reflect on himself, and still continued to be an rear end in a top hat.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

You cannot convince me that this isn't a prescient metaphor for JK's descent into twitter nutbaggery.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

iirc nolan had absolutely no idea philippe was a kid, he was just into extremely niche but otherwise harmless fetishes and philippe's circular caught his eye

probably would have run like he was being chased by japanese killer hornets (ooh la la) if he'd seen the "potty pals" entrepreneur in person

On the other hand we do have this. Could be another Nolan the cop's referring to, but it seems unlikely.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I've been doing an archive binge, and I'm beginning to suspect that the reason people didn't like the High School arc is because it became almost immediately after this:

Tough act to follow. To be fair, Philippe going home was kind of a high water mark before things started to decline.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I've been drinking a lot of water lately because it's boiling and every time I go for a fresh glass 'I get VERY nice on this stuff' comes to mind.

Daktar fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 16, 2020

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Forget what you know about craveless nori

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My favorite part of this storyline is nominating Tony Hawk as his VP.

Who has "kicked rear end for 20 years without having to return into obvious-style born again Christianity ".

~12 years now since that comic was published, and Tony Hawk is still kicking rear end. Also 'obvious-style Christianity' is one of my favourite achewoodisms.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I wonder if Pat would admire Morrissey or hate him for stealing his shtick?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

No need for spyware when people will happily hand over their data to you. Also I think for what remains most antivirus programs deal with it now.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Lyle is, literally, never cool. Ever. He can’t even open a beer at a wedding. The coolest thing he does is help phillipe electrocute pats dick and frankly that’s not cool. It’s just deserved

Do we ever actually see Lyle in a fight that he wins, or is he literally all about posturing and bravado?

e: aside from the above.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

palamedes posted:

BOO TO THAT

I boo the nacho as his father

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Ok Comboomer posted:

3. live forever, never age

4. Philippe is Five

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Not one of the classic turns of phrase but I think "Uhhhh thanks, but we're not exactly looking for your INput!" in Garfield's voice on a daily basis

I like how Garfield went from that to this:

Would also love to know what kind of union contract prevents you from drinking a coffee that's been frothed with a dildo.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Due to some unfortunate road trip food choices, my Achewoodism for today was “instant rear end emesis”

Pimp skitters and sass gut are my favourite euphemisms for intestinal distress.

Can anyone help me find a strip where someone's calling someone else a 'house and paycheck hobo' or something along those lines. I think the insultee might have been Lyle, because that describes him perfectly.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Yesssss, thank you! The hyphens in house-and-paycheck must have thrown ohnorobot off. 'Two wet bolsheviks mating in a thrift store' is a celebration of the english language.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

The real question is who's freezing all the nuns.

How do you think we get penguins?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06012004

Cue up some nasty old saxophone / banjo music while Uncle pulls up to the bumper.

Ray is outraged at us, the audience, for interrupting him while he's getting his toilet drunk on.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

UNIX geeks who go to Kraftwerk concerts and cry at Computer Love care about android apps.

- Posted from Awful for Android

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Always makes me think of how solid a computer industry we had in the 70s and 80s. BBC Micro, Amstrad, Acorn, ZX Spectrum, and then somehow we spectacularly dropped the ball. They should never have stopped teaching BASIC in schools.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Hope everyone is having a safe Judas Priest Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I was probably thinking of this one