Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES
Onstad, this strip was actually bloody heartwarming, it's like in his own hosed up way Nice Pete's getting to act like a normal teenager with his mate and Teodor's going along with it, actually brought a smile to my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

It's whisky for fucksake, end of debate. When you think of whisky, what country do you think of? Scotland. How is it spelled in Scotland? Whisky.

Cobweb Heart posted:

Because the "Japan = tentacle rape/high school girls" joke is still funny, right? No
Overly defensive, aren't you?

Why don't you take a seat...

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

Guy A. Person posted:

I had a dream we got a 3 page color update. Then the next day we got another one that was even longer, and I kept clicking forward and just when I thought there couldn't possibly be anymore pages I woke up.

I miss Achewood :(
I didn't want to post about it, but I had literally the exact same dream.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

This is still, in my opinion, the most awful heartwrenching strip:

And the strip with the best use of the English language:

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 22, 2010

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

Dove from Above posted:

Why does it wrench your heart that Ray pays attention and takes care of his people?

I would manage to link the wrong one.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

:siren:Cassandra ex machina:siren:

Must it fall to me to make with the sirens?

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

this strip
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12112002

The alt text :smith:

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

The best things in life are on time. For everything else, there's Onstad.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

Visa disputes are easy as piss to make, ridiculously so if its a credit card.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

Previously I'd just read Cornelius' blog, the other characters' are equally fantastic, although I've not attempted Lyle or Nice Pete's yet. Interesting to see different takes on the same situation and it's still quite incredible how well he captures each character's voice.

Waterhaul posted:

To just expand on this if the situation actually goes somewhere and people either find out how to get their money back or Onstad makes any follow up comments in regards to it feel free to post about it in the thread.

On that note, the process for getting your cash back for visa is literally email Onstad, save and print copy of said email, wait 30 days for reply; if no reply contact card issuer and ask to file a visa dispute, money is returned. Believe there may be a 180 day time limit, but not 100% on that.

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 12, 2011

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

Achewood's down. Hopefully not permanently.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Okay was good talking about Achewood but with this starting again and the webcomic pretty much dead I'm gonna unmark this thread.

Shine on your crazy diamonds I hope we meet again when he starts writing a book or something. Time to hop into my own personal Volvo Of Dispair.

I wonder if he calls his wife the Vulva Of Despair.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

Satorr posted:

Ray right behind him. Though I must admit when I first started reading Achewood I sometimes imagined Ray as Big Smoke from GTA San Andreas.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

EDIT: Big Smoke from GTA:San Andreas for Ray.

Let's face it, he's more OG Loc.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I distinctly remember people saying that they didn't want to see such a "heavy" story-arc in Achewood so soon after The Great Outdoor Fight had finished, and in particular not liking the idea of Philippe being in trouble, especially when they got their first look at Zell and Cory. Then, like a day later, this happened:

:3:

I love the little details in this strip, like the bulb for a sceptre.