Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The bit where Ray yells at Teodor for yammering on about "How Wikipedia is" and sarcastically telling him that he would just love to hear how Wikipedia is at that particular moment is hillarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I honestly don't remember what arc it is, but there's a strip where Teodor responds to Ray inviting him somewhere by saying "Is there sluts all up in? YOU KNOW I don't go anywhere unless there's sluts all up in", and then Ray gets mad. It became a running joke with me and my friends for a bit. Anybody got the strip?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My favorite has to be Mars...NEEDS...HUGGINS. Partly because it goes so well with the strip and makes a funny strip even funnier.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I guess that's what separates you and Roast Beef.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Tina being there for the Bathroom Party wasn't the only thing they changed, originally it was Teodor who got the poo poo slapped out of him by Ray during the mood whiskey bit.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Better insult: Left-Coast Power-wimp, or Candy-rear end Word-styled Hero?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

"He said 'human being' the way old telegrams said STOP" is both one of my favourite Achewoodisms and one I thought would come in handy far more often than it actually has to date, i.e. not at all. Maybe that's a good thing in itself, though. :shobon:

I have used that expression to describe some of the oafs I went to High School with. It gets laughs.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The new strip isn't a homerun, but it's a solid double off the wall.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The rear end Stooge posted:

These flashbacks bring up an interesting question. I never really thought about the cats' hair situation, since they're cats and have fur. But Beef has hell of '80s hair in these strips, in addition to his fur. Does this mean that adult Beef does whatever is the Achewood cat equivalent of shaving his head? What about Ray? We saw Ray with a crew cut in the strip where he dressed up like a greaser to drink a glass of milk. I NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE CATS' RESPECTIVE HAIR SITUATIONS.

It has been established that Ray is "monk dimin'" hair-wise. Beff, I dunno.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Flunchy posted:

That video is dogshit man.

But is it mega nasty? http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06232004

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Happy Hippo posted:

Todd is also the Steve Irwin of getting STDs.

If gonorrhea was a piano, Todd would be considered a bold and unpredictable new talent.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He's kicked rear end for 20 years without developing a debilitating crack addiction before retreating into obvious-style Christianity. I speak of course, of Tony Hawk.

I'm not American but damned if I wouldn't vote for Smuckles/Hawk.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I hope he brings back gently caress You Fridays, those are great. I also wouldn't mind a continuation of "What did you think about today?"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm sorry, my colleague is a terrible man. Made me a killing on Wall Street last year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I always felt that Beef and Molly's relationship was more an illustration of what it's like when decent but damaged people find love with one another and try to make a go of it. There may be some similarities because of how much Chris relates to Beef, but ultimately, I don't think it's supposed to reflect his relationship with his ex-wife closely.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Red text sez we'll get a new strip tomorrow.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

csammis posted:

Jesus Atmus we got the chessboard out but you playin' whack-a-mole

I was wondering when someone would use that line in this thread, well done.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daktar posted:

Yeesh, Chris has really lost control of Vlad's voice. He's gone from vaguely rustic yet cosmopolitan eastern European to full blown Borat. I did like Feodor's responses though.

I just imagined Teodor as noted MMA face eraser Fedor Emilianeko. Made even funnier by Teodor's comment about really really needing to hit something. Thanks for the laugh.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

prezbuluskey posted:

Melancholy was the proper word I was searchin for. Showed the comic to my roommate. He cried. poo poo's getting strange.

You know why your roommate cried? Because he has a soul. That poo poo was a total gutpunch.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Just got a little dusty in here....

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I kinda love Beef's reaction to the car crash.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Took a couple reads for me to realize there's no way Teodor is coming out of this with Penny in his life.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Iowa Snow King posted:

Shouldn't this be hogg-instructor

Fuckin' A rights it should. You've been incidental here, Atmus.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like it was largely done to make people like Cornelius a bit more.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Unfrozen Caveman Optometrist?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
"At least when he yanks it he probably isn't giving himself something" is an amazing putdown.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Discombobulator posted:

Saying cusses is power.

Especially 5 pound cusses.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

qntm posted:

When you think about it, every web comic is always on hiatus.

AKA the Weird Al corollary, in which every album is a comeback album.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I've decided I will be happy with one more gently caress You Friday as a final Achewood. Like a standard, well done FYF and the final panel is just Ray saying "Hey this is the last Achewood ever. Thanks for reading and gently caress you!" This would give me closure.

I actually agree with this, despite feeling that the posters above me are probably right, you won't be seeing any strips any time soon, if at all.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Android Blues posted:

YOU'RE GOOD, RIGHT? NOT BETRAYED?

How good of you to call and "open up a can of dumbass"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I kinda liked the "champ business" line.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Donnell Rawlings from Chappelle's Show would be my choice for Ray.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

A weird thing is that this installment of Achewood is insanely quotable, but no one (including myself) ever thinks to quote it unless someone reminds them that it exists:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03252005

Occasionally when my friends invite me out, I find myself tempted to quote Teodor's sass in this strip http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03292005

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

Anyone ever read Spacemoose? It's pretty crude, but is also fairly clever at times.
It's sort of a proto-Achewood.

No it isn't. It's a conservative university student who thinks rape is hilarious trying really hard to piss off feminists and minorities with try-hard edgy humour.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

That is definitely the Roast Beefest strip.

I feel like the most Roast Beef strip is the one where he forgets Valentine's Day and Teodor yells at him for it. Alternatively, the one where he ponders asking Molly to marry him...while floating down a stream.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

So,I'm just wondering.....Why do you stuff your pants?

Don't judge him, you've not had his life.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

gently caress that

Agreed, I like their relationship. It's flawed but they really do love each other

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Goot, the typo that became dialogue

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I just re-read the reconciliation with Polly arc, kinda wanna see more of them together. Good strip though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Christ has this thread been dead for this long?

Save from the archives: I random comic'd into the Great Outdoor Fight, and there's one strip after the Jeeps come out where the alt-text, every single time, forces me to look up what "Steak Diane" is.

weirdly this just made me think of the "Spaghetti's Dad" strip