Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
Excellent fanflow update, Chris - the tales of the Dude and Catastrophe are my favorites. Is there any plan to publish any of the fanflow updates in bound form, or does your general contract with AssetBar prevent you from doing that? Because I'd probably pick it up like I picked up the collected blogs (and I notice that said volume is no longer available - I hope it makes its way back to print in some form).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
Cold.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002

Chris Onstad posted:

Sorry. There is no current plan, though I'd love a real publisher to compile the longer entries.

Assetbar/Fanflow doesn't have any claim over this content, they are definitely not in the way. What is in the way is that such a project is a pretty hard sell.

What about the possibility of including them - perhaps piecemeal - with future print volumes of Achewood with Dark Horse?

How's that selling by the way - if you don't mind my asking? Do things look good for Volume 3?

also - I encourage any and all goons to pick up the 'zines and sign up for assetbar because it'll cost you practically no money but means lots and lots of good extra material if you enjoy Achewood whatsoever

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
why are people saying spillane posts in laissez's faire when i've never noticed the dude post in there before

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
oh

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
I like that not knowing how to operate it does not stop him whatsoever and that that is probably his ticket out of the general rules of the game.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
I am going to buy two of Cookbook II and one of Cookbook I in the future (1+2 for Christmas for a friend, 2 for me since I've got the first) but I don't like to preorder things, except mentally. I hope that this is helpful, for math.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Marriage isn't a 24 hour/365 day/lifetime party of eternal shining adoration, so someone having a "moment" of reflection on why they got married followed by a demonstration of another "moment" of delight in their marriage should not be looked upon in any way as thunderclouds and doom for the relationship of the little cat, Roast Beef.

Not only is it concluded with a moment of reflection/fear, the moment of delight is one deliberately chosen from when they first met and not at all recently in the timeline of their relationship.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
Can I post about the Enrudened Tanqueray drink recipe in the latest fanflow update? Because it sounds pretty tasty, but also like the sort of recipe that people who don't pay a membership fee should not be allowed to know about. Exclusive.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
Finally went to go preorder the Achewood Cookbook II, and it's out of stock. :(

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
Is Cookbook II shipping now? :(

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
tumbleweed.gif :(

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
Is Cookbook #2 shipping yet? I want to order one, but the description in the Achewood shop still says "might not arrive before Christmas."

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
I actually really like the basic narrative device and framing for this most recent strip, it's a cool and creepy idea and keeps the reader unsure of what's actually happening.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
I finally go to preorder Cookbook II, and the store has it listed as not in stock? :gonk:

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
TONS of detailed art in this one, good lord.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
:siren: NEW STRIP IS UP :siren:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
I'm most disappointed that the Achewood Cookbook 2 might not come out. Couldn't he just sell it as a PDF or something? :( I make that orzo dish from the first cookbook all the time.