Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

This thread needs to get back up to 2.5 ounces, quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

"I told you that story, so I could tell you this one" gets some play "I WANT SOME drat EMERIL FOOD" and "PUT BUTTER ON WHAT I SAID" gets more

EDIT: and of course "You can do whatever you want in life", but that kind of goes without saying in this thread

"I told you that story, so I could tell you this one" is an older stand-up segue between bits that got used a good amount, the alt text is another insertion of dated pop culture references. Not that it isn't still a good one, just not an original for the comic.
:goonsay:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

anyone else notice the Complete Canon has been pushed back to 2022? May as well rename it Achewood Cookbook 3

This is a mid summer joke at earliest to really land, and you've gone and hosed it up for everybody now by being impatient. :mad:

Edit: vvvvvvvvv See?

surc fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 6, 2021

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I preordered and I care, but in the good way about my fellow human being in this global potentially deadly unknown long-term-effect pandemic dealing with the situation that is his life, instead of the mad "where is my product I will destroy you over $30 or whatever it will someday cost me to have clicked the amazon button for a pure luxury which I can still totally cancel at no cost" capitalist way.

E: I guess maybe if you ordered in a more ethical way to begin with it might be harder to return and that's a reasonable concern, that's valid but also still lmao if you knew about the cookbook and preordered, and still feel justified in any amount of frustration even ignoring covid.

surc fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 6, 2021

surc
Aug 17, 2004

theironjef posted:

In the Lash of Thanatos arc, Ray calls Beef to ask him to MC the erotica contest, because he's "messed up pretty bad actually" and needs Beef to rally round a brother. But what did he mess up? It's not that Teodor is in the elephant suit, that happened before the contest and Williams is already convinced that Ray is in there. He also wrote notes for Beef specifically, since I doubt many other people would remember the time Ricky D fell hard for that lesbian from the block party. Is the screwup just that he forgot to schedule Beef in the first place? Does Ray have a fear of public speaking to groups of horny lesbians?

Teodor is subbing in for Ray who would be writing the erotica live, not MCing. Ray didn't book an MC and needs Beef to fill the role last minute. Presumably he just slapped the notes together after the call in 30 seconds or whatever.