Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

ullerrm posted:

The FCC finally deregulated telegram services today, 10+ years after the last telegram was sent in the US.

Somewhere, Ajit Pai is pissing into an empty and wondering if the moss growing on his scalp counts as "having a haircut."

What hath Good wrought stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Simian_Prime posted:

I’m taking a TEFL course online, and I’m taking a test with the question “What is grammatically wrong with this sentence?; “She bought much avocados from the grocery store.”

man Achewood got me done up wretched

While "many" is the accepted usage in English... what IS wrong with using much?

A quick google search and I just learned about countable vs uncountable nouns, and how I knew that rule without actually knowing that rule.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Charles Manson's extended existence was quite the argument against the life sentence.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bongwizzard posted:

Charles Manson was like the living embodiment of all the failings of western civilization, keeping him around with a good reminder of the failures of our collective institutions.

Harsh, but fair.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

They're an abomination.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

psst, the kids in college are all gen z.

Unless, of course, by "millenials" you mean "that nebulous group of youngsters who is to blame for every single problem in society" then carry on.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

If Olive Garden is in the general vicinity of the cure, I'd rather have the disease.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I'd actually never had refried beans (I live in canada) and now I am gonna try to figure out a way to incorporate it into as many things as I can.

That way lies fatness.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Every Todd death is 100% canon.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

He's lived in a California city where people who wear lanyards to work continue wearing them outside of work.

That's a thing?!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

It's the easiest way to silently show off that you work for Apple.

In a slightly related way, I remember that during Occupy Wall Street someone wrote on a door of a meeting house "In the minds of the main mattering men, the slow down before the speed up adds to the art of the artifice." That was the wisdom of one Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T Squirrel.

I'm imagining being the kind of person who cares that other people know you work at a silicon valley joint enough that you advertise it all the time.

Now I'm trying to imagine being the kind of person who cares whether or not someone else works at a tech company.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bony tony posted:

T was holding and couldn't sleep, so he wanted some j company

Pretty sure the appropriate time to do that with Ray is anytime o'clock.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

tripwood posted:

I remember how before cell phones dropping by to see a good friend unannounced was a normal thing to do. Kind of miss it.

Now people get mad when you call them to hear their voice instead of just texting them. Itt we are a bunch of boomers.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I swear I remember a short series of strips where Roast Beef accidentally stumbles onto a scheme that nets him gently caress You Money for the rest of his life, but he's so socially unprepared for this that it almost destroys him emotionally. Ray recognized this and offers to make the problem go away, but also makes sure that while Beef's bank account will always be small, it will never be zero, and he'd always be able to get anything he really wanted.

Am I misremembering?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

It was when he made the "Cards for Dudes" arc.

Starting here: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04292008

It starts a few earlier but yes, that's it! Thank you.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That bit about drawing your favorite maglite is peak Onstead.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Is this what you were going for?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Shibawanko posted:

the comic i can relate most to is "cards for dudes"

"way too baring of the emotions" is how i feel about every text message sent to another guy

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Teodor definitely has ADD/ADHD or something similar considering how often that kind of thing happens to him

If the man awards or Roast Beef and Molly's wedding catering are any indication, it's imposter syndrome. Any time he has an opportunity to showcase his talents, he completely implodes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

theironjef posted:

I want the sequence of events that led to Cornelius putting a french horn under a towel in the bathroom.

He needed 600 but was to proud to ask for a loan.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

ugh im getting old i was in some bar last night and some 20 year old was wearing red skinny jeans around his knees and my internal monologue was pretty much verbatim ray/little nephew

Yes, old people are out of touch and often have heads full of out of date, backwards ideas, but kids can also do just the dumbest goddamn things they can think of.

On the upside, maybe you could get mad rutty with the social worker that shows up later.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 14, 2021

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I love the art style of Maakies, even if they're largely one note.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

LRADIKAL posted:

Achewood thread is an Apple only zone. Checks out, I guess.

That makes sense if everyone is Patposting.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pat is worse to be around than Nice Pete, an accomplished serial killer.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Specifically, he is the biggest rear end in a top hat.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

withak posted:

If you think that there isn't a Pat or Todd in your circle of acquaintances then we have some bad news for you.

I know who I am and I have come to terms with that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

There's a lot to unpack in Roast Beef's time line.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It looks like the Achewood +20 bot is going to start posting the real Achewood tomorrow.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pat would totally be the sonofabitch tipping off Showbiz where to hijack the video card shipments and then sending them off to his Russian mining farm.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Zereth posted:

Those are just high-heel joots.

In my best Fred Gwynne impersonation: "What's a joot?"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Zereth posted:

jean boots

Yes, I could gather that, but I dare you to pass up a chance to revisit My cousin Vinny.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The do need to be pet, however.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

In the relationship between Pat and Nice Pete one of them is a soulless, compassionless monster and the other is a serial killer.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Empty Sandwich posted:

also there's apparently no evidence that it's good for dyslexia. the major American association notes that some people might find it helpful but that they don't recommend it as a general thing.

https://www.tes.com/magazine/teaching-learning/general/does-comic-sans-really-help-dyslexic-learners

the really exciting people are the ones who get huffy because comic sans was specifically designed for dyslexia (it was not)

Duh, it was designed to make Jerkcity possible.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I see Catastrophe, but not much in the way of Dude.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Sometimes love is wondering if you trapped an innocent person.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Gertrude Perkins posted:

Which strip is this? I can never seem to find it when I want to, and ohnorobot won't help.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11152009

:owned:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I have a free afternoon. What's one fun thing I should do? —Goof

Get rid of the free afternoon! Work, go out with friends, read a book, do some pushups, stare at the ceiling, sear a steak! I’m not a drat slave master. Do anything but lie around all drat day and “enjoy your free afternoon.” That is ridiculous. How old am I, an ancient Asian? How I get old is, I don’t just sit around jerkin’ off and moanin’ about how all my free afternoons are free.

That is not Ray.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Top pizza is a cacodemon, not a minion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Beef is stuck in the paradigm that being in trouble is a real idea.