Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

JerryLee posted:

Drill yo buttholes

:frogsiren:New thread title alert.:frogsiren:

If nothing else, GW's new tools are a source of comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Love the Titan talk, need more of that in the 40k thread honestly.

If I could just stop playing Diablo these would be done! Hoping to finish them tonight.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

berzerkmonkey posted:

The thing that concerns me about the Liquitex (and Minitaire, for that matter) is that you don't have a matching color you can brush on when you inevitably overpaint something you shouldn't have.

You can with Minitaire, it's just thinned down. Need that color you just airbrushed? Put it on your palette. It was designed for that in mind.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Yep, I use it all the time for touch-ups and sometimes paint it on straight out of the bottle.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Loving the Shokk attack gun, that model sold me on orks to be honest.

I wish I had some ork photos to share, but I'm just stopping by to post my latest squad. There's alot I don't like about these, but I really need to just finish an army so I'm calling them done. I can come back and pick out details that I missed if I feel like it.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

If you add some thin, sharp white highlights to the edges of those power weapons you'll like the result!

I don't think you can see it due to my phone hand being shaky but I did do a very light white/blue on the edges.

Squad Ikanos

Squad Kratos

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Apollodorus posted:

Those power weapons look great!

It's a shame terminator assault squads aren't more useful in the current edition because I really want to make some maybe I will anyway

Thanks dude! They may not do crazy well in normal games, but this is for my boarding action/zone mortalis army and they seem to do great.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

I painted up some scouts finally, really dislike the base model so I went with some helmets.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Some more scout pictures.

Bavius fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 27, 2014

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Moola posted:

I'm a fan of helmeted scouts and I like yours!

Assuming you just removed the little neck bit and replaced it with a bit of greenstuff to fit them on there?

Thanks man!

Not even that much work, just shaved the nubs down until it sat the way I wanted.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

w00tmonger posted:

Need a color suggestion for the mask on my almost done wrestle-gator:

I was thinking along these lines, but I'm all ears for suggestions. If anyone has some specific paint suggestions that would be great too. Ideally I want it to look professional.

I say go purple, I regret using blue on mine.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Magres posted:

Seriously how did you do that cloak effect it's gorgeous

Speculation here, but I think he does it via airbrush and a stencil. Look for "true flame airbrush" technique.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

So I ran out of the wash I was using as a filter for my Minotaurs' bronze color. So rather than just quitting til some more showed up - I made my own filter out of an old dried up wash, future floor polish, and water. I think it turned out pretty good.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

ijyt posted:

I decided to hit my Minotaurs with Druchii Violet. Pre-wash on the left. I think the left one might be more accurate to the IA10 artwork of Minotaurs, but as a colour I feel the right one works better. Thoughts?

Right on, I like the left one personally. I like that they are bright - not many brassy marines out there.

Goons, I'm looking for a hobby item - the Wargames Factory Basing Pad for what looks a space ship interior.

I was planning on buying it directly from the company but it looks like they stopped making it or sold out. I posted up on the barter bucket hoping someone might have it, but maybe someone here might know where I could pick one up still. Ebay was fruitless, so I'm looking around.

Edit: Nevermind, some fellow on IC informed me they made a round 2 so they'll have the same base only square for sale soon.

Bavius fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 23, 2015

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Fulfillment is happening right now, after all the backers have theirs the pads should be for sale on the Mantic webstore, as they're manufacturing them.

Sweet, really looking forward to picking some more up.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Progress, I'm nearly done but I need to gloss varnish and do some oils, decals and weathering powder. Still had to share.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Looks cool, side note, the unfortunate shadow and angle makes it look like the marine has a candle on his head.

Haha, fantastic.

NTRabbit, it's a solid basing pad. I want to get the clean version for more variety though.

e: wip for illumination

Bavius fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 20, 2015

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Post 9-11 User posted:

That's the most inventive use of the Marine casualty model I have seen. The Dreadnaught moving to protect him is ... is ... forging the narrative aauugh! :gonk:

Maybe he just wants to stand by him so he can eject and that poor guy can replace him for the next millennium.

If any newer painters are still watching this thread: models you paint look awful at first and it takes time! I was a teenager when I started, it's easy to be blown away by the work of professionals then be stunned when I ended up with yellow and black bumblebee space elves (I don't even remember what I painted their weapons like, I have photos... somewhere).

Thank you very much! My Minotaurs are the first army where I've considered the narrative from inception.

Great message for newer painters, the biggest thing that helped me was practice and I still think I'm learning quite a bit.

Oh and that's a helmet crest. Not a candle, but I can't unsee it now.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Here's that Libby I was working on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Uroboros posted:

The minotaur symbol on the chestplate is pretty freaking awesome. Where does one find this style of librarian?

Thanks dude! You can find the Minotaur symbols on Forgeworld. The model is from the Dark Vengeance set and required a bit of conversion to make him less dark angel specific.

• Locked thread